[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Attack requirement boats are wrecking the game

Comments

  • GrilleGrille
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    Posts: 13
    Member
    Nice to see some things never change, this topic brings back memories *sheds a tear*
    Ragnastorm
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,430
    Posts: 1,320
    Member
    Cessa wrote: »
    Aoazq.gif

    Just stop playing. For real. Your rants aren't healthy. If you're not having fun go elsewhere. You claim that all you do is log in to get boxes, yet you're still talking about all these raids that you carry. If your attitude is this bad the community really doesn't need you. Go play your other games and leave Vindi alone.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Posts: 718
    Member
    Vladino wrote: »
    Well if you don't like farming then go play single player games because every MMO is about farming (if it weren't then hardcore players would produce more mats then players can consume and would left the game because nothing to do anymore). When you finally hit the difficulty of this game then you will realize that it isn't about constantly attacking without dodging and it isn't as simple as you thought. So then you have few options quit the game because you probably don't enjoy combat style of this game, let others carry you (you'll probably be bored), get better (I mean run the same dung 50 times just to learn the patterns, watch tutorial videos, read skill descriptions, equip yourself). Getting rare in this game (without VIP or luck bonus) got probably 1/100 chance, but depends on your luck or dungeon.
    I don't get anyone that boom his/hers weapon after +10. +10 is enough for almost every dungeon (not Sea of Reflection) if you have +10 then go scroll your equip, if you have AP to restore your weapon then you can try to enhance more but there is 40% to get +11 so you'll probably won't get it. If you have your weapon restored then get another +10 weapon (yes it's expensive) and try with that one, but it doesn't have to be full orange only main part is important and if you enhance it more then you have better weapon if you don't then try another.
    Statistically: from +3 to +15 is 0.01% chance (little more because of possibility to restore) more than 35594 tries required for a 90% probability (source:heroesdb.net/items) "Enhancement without a failure from +10 to +15 has a 0.57% chance, more than 399 tries required for a 90% probability." So you'll probably never get +15... Stick to your +12 or +13 till you get lucky (events etc.).

    You need to look at this from the modern MMO player perspective, not someone who is fine with dark souls level of difficulty.

    For example, you say that +10 is "enough". How many of your friends have you seen quit the game because they disagreed, perma boomed a weapon then rage quit (or something similar)? Also varies based on character obviously, some characters need to stack attack speed very badly.

    >Go scroll your equip
    >takes 100+ s3 raids on average to get 1 scroll
    >that 1 scroll might be something worthless like stigma or fresh

    Guess how many new players are willing to do this. Hint : Not many.

    >go buy scrolls with gold

    Newbie : But i dont have gold

    >go farm elixirs, etc to sell for gold

    Newbie : But that takes too long and is boring, I would rather play another game instead

    >use a weapon with OJ base and purple shards to enhance

    Newbie : but it takes too long to get mats to upgrade the shards
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Posts: 244
    Member
    Vladino wrote: »
    So you advise new players to go for +15? And when it breaks once on +10/11/12/13/14 go for +15 again? And then when it break second time then what? Start farming with +0 weapon? (Take in consideration that not every server got same population and not everyone is playing from the start of the game, so buying +13 weapon can be difficult if no1 sells it and making it is even more)

    I don't recall telling anyone to 10 -> 15 their weapon recently.
    Mainly because there hasn't been anyone around to tell to yolo their weapon.

    A backup weapon before I enhance my main weapon. Wow, you must be some kind of genius. I never thought of that before.
    Here, I have a +13 level 90 weapon.
    Make me a backup +13 level 90 weapon so I can try to +14 one of them. I'll wait until you come back with one.

    If my argument passed over your intellect it's because having a backup weapon before you enhance your current one becomes inordinately difficult to do past a certain point and requires entirely too much time/money. To the point where you need a huge foundation of players just so two people can have +14 or higher weapons. Meanwhile, all of the other players can't progress their gear so they... You probably didn't guess correctly because you simply don't understand the mentality of most players, but they quit.

    And now your game has 2 raid boats up at 8pm on a Saturday evening. Or do Vindictus players usually play games at 2am? Because most other games have their playerbase soaring during these weekend hours.
    DAOWAce
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    Posts: 391
    Member
    Cessa wrote: »
    Gee, I don't know why we want bigger houses. You can lie down and sleep on a bare floor in an area 2m x 1m so I don't know why people want a bedroom at all. Just have a bedcloset that you sleep in instead.

    i really like this analogy but you're not being fair. if a +10 is analogous to a 2mx1m bit of floor, then what's unenhanced?

    if the tiny floorspace is supposed to represent barely functional and horribly uncomfortable, then it's gotta be like unenhanced and 10 levels below. you gotta put in massive effort to make it through the night and still end up sore and exhausted.

    a +5 is like baseline poverty. scraping by week to week in a shared 2 bedroom apartment with 3 other people.

    +8 is like lower middle class.

    +10 is like living pretty comfortably in a suburban home or fancy apartment, and i think it's fair to say most people don't aspire higher than this irl. a group of 8 people all using +10 who know what they're doing (not even necessary to be masters or experts of their class) can clear raids in 10-15min, and personally that's a good place to be. blitzing down bosses in <5 min is not fun for me.

    and just like irl, if you put down your life savings on a million dollar mansion and don't buy insurance, you're gambling with your livelihood. unfortunately there is no option to quit and play a different life lol
    VladinoSaintGuinness
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Posts: 718
    Member
    Cessa wrote: »
    Vladino wrote: »
    So you advise new players to go for +15? And when it breaks once on +10/11/12/13/14 go for +15 again? And then when it break second time then what? Start farming with +0 weapon? (Take in consideration that not every server got same population and not everyone is playing from the start of the game, so buying +13 weapon can be difficult if no1 sells it and making it is even more)

    I don't recall telling anyone to 10 -> 15 their weapon recently.
    Mainly because there hasn't been anyone around to tell to yolo their weapon.

    A backup weapon before I enhance my main weapon. Wow, you must be some kind of genius. I never thought of that before.
    Here, I have a +13 level 90 weapon.
    Make me a backup +13 level 90 weapon so I can try to +14 one of them. I'll wait until you come back with one.

    If my argument passed over your intellect it's because having a backup weapon before you enhance your current one becomes inordinately difficult to do past a certain point and requires entirely too much time/money. To the point where you need a huge foundation of players just so two people can have +14 or higher weapons. Meanwhile, all of the other players can't progress their gear so they... You probably didn't guess correctly because you simply don't understand the mentality of most players, but they quit.

    And now your game has 2 raid boats up at 8pm on a Saturday evening. Or do Vindictus players usually play games at 2am? Because most other games have their playerbase soaring during these weekend hours.

    Pretty much, most veterans know plenty of people who have quit because they couldnt progress (not necessarily failing to get a +15). When s2 was released, there was a huge exodus for precisely this reason, drag mats werent in the seal shop and s2 mats were way too rare.
  • pootismanpootisman
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    Posts: 67
    Member
    If you are new to the game, make sure you do all the Nexon events. They give dank rewards.

    Feel free to afk when there are no events. Usually the best events come during the summer and Christmas break, and you are almost guaranteed with 2 +10s if you log in around those times. That alone should put you in the zone of 21k provided you have some orange lv90 clean armors.

    You know what we do these days? We just yolo weapons until they boom. That's what happens when you have absolutely NOTHING to work on and NO content to play. Ferghus is the final raid boss.
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Posts: 244
    Member
    It's not that I have nothing to work on.
    I can definitely work on getting a better weapon.
    I can work on finishing up gold ein lacher for some of my other characters.
    etc

    But there's no point to doing it.
    I have a +13 level 90 weapon. Double enchanted.
    I can't enhance it because it might break.
    I can't make a backup one because there is no way to guarantee a new +13 as a backup weapon so I can enhance one of them. I can break 15 more +10 weapons and get no +11. +10 requires that I use runes. If I try to make a new +10 without runes it's even more impossible to get to +13. On the order of 3 weapons out of 100 will get from +8 to +13 without runes or something like that. Practically never going to happen as I know no way of getting 33 level 90 weapons in any kind of efficient timeframe. Because you have to consider the time spent farming elixirs and paradise enhancement stones as well.

    And no point in working on Ein Lacher for my other characters because I can't get them a good weapon so I will never play them anymore.
    No point in playing my main because it's unrealistic to believe that I can get a better new weapon with the time and the money I would have to put into the game.

    In the end, I don't play because playing means I waste time but I get nothing out of it in return.
    So I only sit and participate in AFK events where I get free stuff to use to try and enhance. If the enhance fails, oh well, I wasted very little time afking (log in, alt tab to go play something else) and I directly put in no money for a chance to progress my character.

    It's pretty sad when the best way to progress in a game is to afk in it.

    ===========

    So yeah, it's not a lack of content that is keeping me or anyone else from playing the game. It's that once you get to endgame the most efficient and best way to progress is to afk and not play at all.

    I've already posted a fix to the enhance system and the game which would generate more profit for Nexon and will have more players playing the game again but the mods only serve by deleting my posts on how to fix the game so we're stuck just with afking for now.
    DAOWAce
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    Posts: 109
    Member
    Cessa wrote: »
    It's not that I have nothing to work on.
    I can definitely work on getting a better weapon.
    I can work on finishing up gold ein lacher for some of my other characters.
    etc

    But there's no point to doing it.
    I have a +13 level 90 weapon. Double enchanted.
    I can't enhance it because it might break.
    I can't make a backup one because there is no way to guarantee a new +13 as a backup weapon so I can enhance one of them. I can break 15 more +10 weapons and get no +11. +10 requires that I use runes. If I try to make a new +10 without runes it's even more impossible to get to +13. On the order of 3 weapons out of 100 will get from +8 to +13 without runes or something like that. Practically never going to happen as I know no way of getting 33 level 90 weapons in any kind of efficient timeframe. Because you have to consider the time spent farming elixirs and paradise enhancement stones as well.

    And no point in working on Ein Lacher for my other characters because I can't get them a good weapon so I will never play them anymore.
    No point in playing my main because it's unrealistic to believe that I can get a better new weapon with the time and the money I would have to put into the game.

    In the end, I don't play because playing means I waste time but I get nothing out of it in return.
    So I only sit and participate in AFK events where I get free stuff to use to try and enhance. If the enhance fails, oh well, I wasted very little time afking (log in, alt tab to go play something else) and I directly put in no money for a chance to progress my character.

    It's pretty sad when the best way to progress in a game is to afk in it.

    ===========

    So yeah, it's not a lack of content that is keeping me or anyone else from playing the game. It's that once you get to endgame the most efficient and best way to progress is to afk and not play at all.

    I've already posted a fix to the enhance system and the game which would generate more profit for Nexon and will have more players playing the game again but the mods only serve by deleting my posts on how to fix the game so we're stuck just with afking for now.

    Wow Cessa got banned? :(
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Posts: 765
    Member
    hi5josh wrote: »

    Wow Cessa got banned? :(

    To be fair, he was warned multiple times and chose to ignore it.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,040
    Posts: 905
    Member
    edited March 21, 2017
    edited ... wrong thread
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    Posts: 109
    Member
    Ikarsu wrote: »
    hi5josh wrote: »

    Wow Cessa got banned? :(

    To be fair, he was warned multiple times and chose to ignore it.

    From what I read it seemed he was just expressing his opinions. He might have been a little assertive, but not necessarily disrespectful. When people have played this game long enough and try to help others you generally see two different approaches. You either dictate what you personally believe is the optimal choice for the individual or you explain all the options and possibly outcomes for each one, possibly followed up with your opinion depending on the situation. I usually try the latter, allowing the individual to make a choice and play the game their way otherwise I feel as if I'm playing it for them. However I would be lying if I said I haven't used the first method from time to time, especially when it's time critical and the most likely optimal choice. The first method doesn't have to be considered disrespectful.

    Regardless of all of this, I feel as if Nexon is in the wrong, and it's quite obviously when reading the the comments on the thread that im referring to which was closed. There are so many instances where it seems like it's constant 'damage control' with the forum moderators. Cessa brought up some things that have been posted that are clearly against the ToS and haven't been delt with properly. I see them on a regular basis. Also, I find it funny that the moderators always bring up "this thread is off topic" mostly when they intervene for damage control where in fact nearly all threads become off topic sadly.

    TL;DR
    A moderator called out a user that was criticizing the game and standing up for their self after other users where being belligerent while backing up their different personal opinions and perspectives. It ended in the user being banned while trying defend their self...
    MadcobraDaPlayaDAOWAce
  • RagnastormRagnastorm
    Vindictus Rep: 770
    Posts: 37
    Member
    hi5josh wrote: »
    Ikarsu wrote: »
    hi5josh wrote: »

    Wow Cessa got banned? :(

    To be fair, he was warned multiple times and chose to ignore it.

    From what I read it seemed he was just expressing his opinions. He might have been a little assertive, but not necessarily disrespectful. When people have played this game long enough and try to help others you generally see two different approaches. You either dictate what you personally believe is the optimal choice for the individual or you explain all the options and possibly outcomes for each one, possibly followed up with your opinion depending on the situation. I usually try the latter, allowing the individual to make a choice and play the game their way otherwise I feel as if I'm playing it for them. However I would be lying if I said I haven't used the first method from time to time, especially when it's time critical and the most likely optimal choice. The first method doesn't have to be considered disrespectful.

    Regardless of all of this, I feel as if Nexon is in the wrong, and it's quite obviously when reading the the comments on the thread that im referring to which was closed. There are so many instances where it seems like it's constant 'damage control' with the forum moderators. Cessa brought up some things that have been posted that are clearly against the ToS and haven't been delt with properly. I see them on a regular basis. Also, I find it funny that the moderators always bring up "this thread is off topic" mostly when they intervene for damage control where in fact nearly all threads become off topic sadly.

    TL;DR
    A moderator called out a user that was criticizing the game and standing up for their self after other users where being belligerent while backing up their different personal opinions and perspectives. It ended in the user being banned while trying defend their self...

    lol i remember your ign from a few years back, you know this is the norm on forums.
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    Posts: 109
    Member
    edited March 21, 2017
    Ragnastorm wrote: »
    hi5josh wrote: »
    Ikarsu wrote: »
    hi5josh wrote: »

    Wow Cessa got banned? :(

    To be fair, he was warned multiple times and chose to ignore it.

    From what I read it seemed he was just expressing his opinions. He might have been a little assertive, but not necessarily disrespectful. When people have played this game long enough and try to help others you generally see two different approaches. You either dictate what you personally believe is the optimal choice for the individual or you explain all the options and possibly outcomes for each one, possibly followed up with your opinion depending on the situation. I usually try the latter, allowing the individual to make a choice and play the game their way otherwise I feel as if I'm playing it for them. However I would be lying if I said I haven't used the first method from time to time, especially when it's time critical and the most likely optimal choice. The first method doesn't have to be considered disrespectful.

    Regardless of all of this, I feel as if Nexon is in the wrong, and it's quite obviously when reading the the comments on the thread that im referring to which was closed. There are so many instances where it seems like it's constant 'damage control' with the forum moderators. Cessa brought up some things that have been posted that are clearly against the ToS and haven't been delt with properly. I see them on a regular basis. Also, I find it funny that the moderators always bring up "this thread is off topic" mostly when they intervene for damage control where in fact nearly all threads become off topic sadly.

    TL;DR
    A moderator called out a user that was criticizing the game and standing up for their self after other users where being belligerent while backing up their different personal opinions and perspectives. It ended in the user being banned while trying defend their self...

    lol i remember your ign from a few years back, you know this is the norm on forums.

    I've been here since the beginning, and I've experienced a lot of good and bad things including being banned more than once. Just because I'm used to these things doesn't mean I condone them or won't speak out about them.

    It's nice seeing you again too. :)
    Ragnastorm
  • RagnastormRagnastorm
    Vindictus Rep: 770
    Posts: 37
    Member
    edited March 21, 2017


    oh no, im all about you voicing your concerns. just we both know itll go nowhere lol. happy to see ya too +best
    hi5josh
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,430
    Posts: 1,320
    Member
    hi5josh wrote: »
    Ikarsu wrote: »
    hi5josh wrote: »

    Wow Cessa got banned? :(

    To be fair, he was warned multiple times and chose to ignore it.

    From what I read it seemed he was just expressing his opinions. He might have been a little assertive, but not necessarily disrespectful. When people have played this game long enough and try to help others you generally see two different approaches. You either dictate what you personally believe is the optimal choice for the individual or you explain all the options and possibly outcomes for each one, possibly followed up with your opinion depending on the situation. I usually try the latter, allowing the individual to make a choice and play the game their way otherwise I feel as if I'm playing it for them. However I would be lying if I said I haven't used the first method from time to time, especially when it's time critical and the most likely optimal choice. The first method doesn't have to be considered disrespectful.

    Regardless of all of this, I feel as if Nexon is in the wrong, and it's quite obviously when reading the the comments on the thread that im referring to which was closed. There are so many instances where it seems like it's constant 'damage control' with the forum moderators. Cessa brought up some things that have been posted that are clearly against the ToS and haven't been delt with properly. I see them on a regular basis. Also, I find it funny that the moderators always bring up "this thread is off topic" mostly when they intervene for damage control where in fact nearly all threads become off topic sadly.

    TL;DR
    A moderator called out a user that was criticizing the game and standing up for their self after other users where being belligerent while backing up their different personal opinions and perspectives. It ended in the user being banned while trying defend their self...

    1) It seems likely that this was moved to private messages between said player and the moderators. We have no idea what was said there.

    2) This player has on multiple occasions begun with and escalated to insults rather than facts to make arguments. People in multiple threads asked said player to calm things down and the player chose not to.

    3) I personally asked said player to stop messaging me. Choosing to continue to do so after already making insulting/harassing comments constitutes additional harassment.

    "Good job seeing the situation from only your point of view. You're not unique in being able to do this though so nothing special about that kind of tunneled egoism."

    " But whatever makes you feel better about yourself. *shrugs*
    Let me sprinkle some of my pity dust on you. lol"

    "Will topic creator realize that he's playing Vella wrong and correct himself first or will he quit Vindictus first?
    Which will it be... "

    "Gold buy much do you?" referring players who have simply had better luck or been smart with resources they've accumulated and bought what they need.

    These are some of the more tame comments from said user. Is there anything about these comments that's helpful? Is there anything about them that was necessary? If I want to deal with that kind of mess I'll go hang out on the BDO or BnS forums. The player continually insulted other community members and continued to call those who had experiences different than his/hers liars.

    Whatever good said player did in the past it has mostly been overwritten by the vile way he/she has been treated everyone recently. I'm really not sure why there's a need to go off on a tangent here, but with the way things were this wasn't a loss to the community.
    Lavonne2edgy4u
  • DaPlayaDaPlaya
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    Posts: 39
    Member
    hi5josh wrote: »
    TL;DR
    A moderator called out a user that was criticizing the game and standing up for their self after other users where being belligerent while backing up their different personal opinions and perspectives. It ended in the user being banned while trying defend their self...

    Pretty good summary, but I think you're missing a tiny bit more. I'll PM you that tiny bit. But in any case, it was some of the most biased moderating I've seen in a long time.
    hi5josh
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    Posts: 109
    Member
    edited March 21, 2017
    Anyone leaving on their own free will or getting banned is a loss to this community. I'm not suggesting I have all the facts. I would rather put up with assertive people than have no people at all.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Vindictus Rep: 2,650
    Posts: 229
    Member
    Hey guys, let's please not derail threads with speculation about someone's ban.
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    Posts: 109
    Member
    Aquasol wrote: »
    Hey guys, let's please not derail threads with speculation about someone's ban.

    Lol Sure thing boss. :D