[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Why can't i get from +9 to +10 :CCCC

SunmiSunmi
Vindictus Rep: 500
in General Discussion
Failed 9 times trying to get from +9 to +10, what kind of curse- who hexed me- i don't need this pain in my life TT TT

Comments

• RagnastormRagnastorm
    Vindictus Rep: 1,080
    edited March 2, 2017
    rng is a fickle beast
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    RNG is RNG. I failed the same amount of times as well on my bow and that reminds my why +ing isn't worth it when I could spend the coin on soda instead. It's SO-DApressing.
    SunmiShizukaaVoldaire
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited March 2, 2017
    Sry for hexing you i have to curse 100 ppl and steal their lucks so rnggoddess may give me another +15 :CCCC
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    Sunmi wrote: »
    Failed 9 times trying to get from +9 to +10, what kind of curse- who hexed me- i don't need this pain in my life TT TT

Welcome to Nexon games where RNG is rigged just like Vegas. Hope you have deep pockets because thats the only way you'll get +10.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    ArishaL wrote: »

Welcome to Nexon games where RNG is rigged just like Vegas. Hope you have deep pockets because thats the only way you'll get +10.

or you can just save up 50 million gold and just buy it from another player... *drinks tea*
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Ikarsu wrote: »
    ArishaL wrote: »

or you can just save up 50 million gold and just buy it from another player... *drinks tea*

Except if everyone did that there would be no one to buy +10s from outside of coupon events...
  • SunmiSunmi
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    highkey shouldn't have been tempted and used that gear protection rune on the exchange shop
    hand me the rope <3
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    edited March 5, 2017
    Try 10 times more and im sure you will get +10
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235

In my experience (this includes what ive heard from others as well) : If you have a weapon that fails a lot of times, get rid of it. Boom it if you can. Im not talking about reasonable fails, like failing to go from +5 to +8 ten times. Thats still reasonable. When you encounter the same weapon, on multiple days/times, failing something like +10 ten times....just calculate the probability of it happening. IIIRC its like 0.00098% or something like that, which is worse than 1 in 100,000.

This is not a weapon you want to keep sinking runes into. Everyone that i know who has ended up with a weapon like this and kept sinking runes into it has regretted it. Dont fall for the sunk cost fallacy.

My personal theory is that items are generated with a seed number which determines the numbers that can be rolled when you enhance it. So for example you might end up with a bad seed that only has a 10% chance to roll a 51 or higher to suceed at a 50% enhance. Of course this theory is impossible to prove without access to the source code/some insider info from Devcat. An example of a game that uses seeds for RNG generation is Titan Quest : When you start the game, you get a certain seed that determines what items may drop, so it is literally impossible to get certain sets/uniques to drop on one playthrough without restarting the game. IIRC, PSO:BB used a similar system where item drops were dependant on your character name/class combination (meant to encourage trading).

The RNG in general is known to be streaky...very easy to see this if you incinerate items one by one and record the results.

Of course if you dont believe me and want to keep sinking runes into the weapon, go ahead, its your money/runes.
    MadcobraSunmi
  • ChubuiChubui
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    Only enhance when Ferghus says "Welcome to the Forge"

Easy +20% success

Source: My dad codes for nexon
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Chubui wrote: »

Easy +20% success

I tried this and failed 9 runes at 50% probability. If it ever did increased your enhance chance, it doesnt anymore.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Question2 wrote: »

Easy +20% success

I tried this and failed 9 runes at 50% probability. If it ever did increased your enhance chance, it doesnt anymore.

So 50%, which is +8 or lower that you were going for, just going for that, you went in and out of the forge however many times it took to get him to say "Welcome to the Forge" before each enhance attempt? Certainly not an impossibility, but I find it unlikely that you did something that tedious just to hit +8 or less.
  • HeavenBlueHeavenBlue
    Vindictus Rep: 660

Easy +20% success

I made a few +15 with Ferghus saying his shoulder is tired from hammering.. :#
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    edited March 6, 2017
    I strip my Lann of all his armor and hope Ferghus likes what he sees. Then I press enhance. Confirmed to work only 50% of the time.

... plus I only go for it when he says, "come in, come in."

Note: Don't try this with Videk ... that little scammer.
    ShizukaaImNotYourDad
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Xie wrote: »
    I strip my Lann of all his armor and hope Ferghus likes what he sees. Then I press enhance. Confirmed to work only 50% of the time.

I suspect seduction only works 50% of the time because Ferghus's hammer swings one way half the time, then swings the other the rest of the time.
    2edgy4u
  • XieXie
    Order5 wrote: »

I suspect seduction only works 50% of the time because Ferghus's hammer swings one way half the time, then swings the other the rest of the time.

Do you think it'll increase to 100% if I make Lann look like a girl?
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900

No, because he'll still swing one way or the other. Continuing this line of thinking though...if a feminine looking character walks in and fails an enhancement, you might be able to succeed with a masculine looking character immediately afterwards.
  • XieXie
    edited March 6, 2017

No, because he'll still swing one way or the other. Continuing this line of thinking though...if a feminine looking character walks in and fails an enhancement, you might be able to succeed with a masculine looking character immediately afterwards.

Rip, so I gotta get lucky that his hammer swings the right way when I come in to enhance.

And lol what. That logic. But I can see it.
    If anyone tries it and it works, let me know.
  • KMonkKMonk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,495
    Save your money, get +10-15 coupon March 11. Easy game.
  • ZupseroZupsero
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    MochiSweet wrote: »
    Sry for hexing you i have to curse 100 ppl and steal their lucks so rnggoddess may give me another +15 :CCCC

its like religion right? you have to devot, praise and serve!