[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New Cestus Player, Having 'Timing' Issues

boddoleboddole
Vindictus Rep: 1,410
in Karok
I've played Pillar for a while, but I'm quite new to Cestus and have been starting to use it in Ein Lacher (have a handful of Golds with it). That said, I'm having trouble with certain aspects of the weapon, mostly 'timing issues' :

*Try to use Big Bang too soon after Weave/Dash, end up Smashing the air.

*Start Brutal Fury instead of using Big Bang.

*Blast too soon after a Smash, end up grabbing the air.

*Using Blast Charge at the wrong moment which prevents me from continuing to run around.

I was wondering if there was a way to re-bind the keys in a smart way to help alleviate this, or if this is just a case of 'using it enough' to adjust to the timings. Any feedback is appreciated.

Comments

• V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,555
    The only rebinding I did was change Blast/grab/manual clash to R, and Kick/Diamond Rush(stam blast) to E.
    Dunno how much this has actually helped me, consider I still accidentally grab instead of blasting sometimes. I think it will come with practice.
    As far as going into Flurry stance instead of big bang, you should just be holding right click or Gigantic Strength - Big Bang canceling.
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    edited February 26, 2017
    If you find yourself accidentally doing a weavesmash instead of big bang, just press tab during the smash animation to cancel it into big bang. This works with weavesmash and all of cestus's main smashes. I use this commonly if I see an attack coming as I'm queueing up a Gigantic Strength cancel, dodge out of the bba startup for the block/to get to safety, hit smash, then tab.

It sounds like you just need to be more conscious of when you're pressing your movement keys in combat. Eliminate unnecessary presses and learn what attacks can be walk-cancelled and these problems won't happen anymore.
  • boddoleboddole
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    Thanks for the ideas guys, I'll continue to work on improving.