[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Wow, the developer heard the community's voice

PlayerOOOlPlayerOOOl
Vindictus Rep: 1,270
edited January 13, 2017 in General Discussion
Thank devCAT to prompt deploy the "Quick Battle Menu" that the community wanted since year 2011.
Tetsujin

Comments

• 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    would that game development were cheap easy and quick. unfortunately we live in the real world.
  • BladehawkBladehawk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    It's definitely an awesome and convenient feature. I just hope it helps boats fill faster. Nothing sucks more than seeing no groups on the board, making one yourself, and waiting an eternity for it to fill up.
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    The new s2 to s3 raid train ganna be amazing if people do them
    PlayerOOOl
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    2edgy4u
    2edgy4u said:

would that game development were cheap easy and quick. unfortunately we live in the real world.
    I'm actually glad they are putting this in and not hating on them for taking so long but...Its a simple UI that is tied to a few server commands (to join/enter battles/possibly search). Someone creating this would have the server commands , UI code, and can copy a lot of the code needed (as most of the functions already exist) so they would just need to tweak the UI a bit and customize it. I doubt this would take even an entry level programmer a week ( most likely a few days at most).
    PrototypemindPlayerOOOl
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    I don't know about a week, but the delay was certainly longer than reasonable. Players have torn apart much of Vindi's code and offered optimization help in their free time; that the Devs who get paid to do it can't be bothered to invest in fixes if nothing else for pride of place in their position is kinda sad. Relatively speaking, fixing issues like that is cheap, relatively easy, and doesn't take years to implement.

If Fortune 500 companies and even small businesses had as many excuse as some of these MMO teams do for why they can't get QoL features and improvements put in place in a timely manner they'd be out of on the street.
    V0lterixNoburo
  • PlayerOOOlPlayerOOOl
    Vindictus Rep: 1,270
    Yuria100
    Yuria100 said:

The new s2 to s3 raid train ganna be amazing if people do them
    I will totally get online and see how this new system works

......but after I leveled up my BDO witch to at least lvl50.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    ye after i get awakening on my kuno ill hop on vindictus