[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Goibhniu Question for noob

X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
Vindictus Vertreter: 1,795
Mitglied
in General Discussion
I've never used these before. Assuming I have 40% chance to enhance lvl 90 gear, is it correct that 1 Stone would give ma a 44% chance? Do additional stones add to this effect ( 2 stones would give me 48%, 3 stones 52% chance, etc.) Or am I completely wrong and it takes all 5 stones from the event to get 4% increase? thanks

Kommentare

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Vertreter: 3,670
    Mitglied
    edited Januar 11, 2017
    You can only use 1 at a time. Honestly the best thing about them is you don't have to burn through paradise stones. (It was really nice when they cost >500k a piece.) And yep if you are going for a +10 that has a 40% chance these pop it up to 44%. But remember once you get to trying for +13 it would be 33% =>36.3% chance with it.
    Voldaire
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Mitglied
    Ah 1 at a time,,, figured it was too good to be true to be able to use them all at once :)
  • V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Vertreter: 1,555
    Mitglied
    My friend had the misconception that you needed the same # of stones as the enhance level you were going for. Thought he needed 14 stones to go for +14.
    Thankfully, it's a bit more efficient than that
    BloodAngel
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Vertreter: 3,765
    Mitglied
    1 stone per + attempt, where they increase the rating from success by 10% out of that base.

so +11/+12 = 44%

and +13-+15 attempts are around 36% as ikevi said rounded down to the nearest whole.

Not much of an increase, but they are more 8x more efficient than using a total of a whopping 40 stones from attempting 11-15 assuming they DON'T fail and blow up.

If this isn't the case, then the stone attempts for regular ones are as follows

11 6 2 40%
    12 7 3 40%
    13 8 3 33%
    14 9 3 33%
    15 10 4 33%

you also need a total of 15 elixirs as well if you plan on straight shotting to 15 and assuming it does not fail.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Vertreter: 8,530
    Mitglied
    I think you should assume you'll fail every time when your best chance is 44% +tongue

If you assume otherwise you're just setting yourself up for pain.
    BloodAngel
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Mitglied
    I pray to RNGesus daily, and before enhancement I sacrifice a goat. Hasn't failed me yet...
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Vertreter: 1,875
    Mitglied
    @X1Guts1X Darn you sacrifice a Goat? I always sacrifice fruits... no wonder RnGesus doesn't listen to my prayers and I killed my brother because of it :V
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Mitglied
    edited Januar 11, 2017
    This is off topic, but finally A raid where I can use my Main (ish) Fiona and not feel worthless +best. Looking forward to update tomorrow ...

p.s. Fruit is for freshmen, goats are for graduates
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Vertreter: 3,670
    Mitglied
    edited Januar 11, 2017
    X1Guts1X
    X1Guts1X said:

This is off topic, but finally A raid where I can use my Main (ish) Fiona and not feel worthless +best. Looking forward to update tomorrow ...
    The teaser says just end of month, and maint note just says:

Weekly Server Upkeep
    Monthly Windows Update

so not getting new raid this week.
    Voldaire
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Mitglied
    :(
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Vertreter: 1,645
    Mitglied
    I would stay away from these stones. They seem to be bugged. Bugged as in they either don't increase chances AT ALL or even worse, have lower chances than normal stones.

I remember using these stones back in 2015 and I only had failures with them. Back then I thought it was just my bad luck but now that Vindi files have been released and private servers started popping up, the players of these servers reported having unusually lower success rates when using these stones.

Obviously I won't post any links, but you can google these stones yourself. There's definitely something shady about them and it seems to be rooted in the game files.
  • ArthyenArthyen
    Vindictus Vertreter: 635
    Mitglied
    Not sure whether these stones are bugged or not, it helped me go from +10 to +13 (before booming to +14) with my level 90 pillar. Saved me from using paradise stones, so I just going to wait until Saturday when the 50% enchant scroll can be collected and use it to discount my weapon recovery. I am still a bit off in AP to recover as is, but the scroll helps me recover it instantly with still a good amount of AP to spare.
    Voldaire
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Vertreter: 8,530
    Mitglied
    edited Januar 12, 2017
    Lavonne
    Lavonne said:

I would stay away from these stones. They seem to be bugged. Bugged as in they either don't increase chances AT ALL or even worse, have lower chances than normal stones.

I remember using these stones back in 2015 and I only had failures with them. Back then I thought it was just my bad luck but now that Vindi files have been released and private servers started popping up, the players of these servers reported having unusually lower success rates when using these stones.

Obviously I won't post any links, but you can google these stones yourself. There's definitely something shady about them and it seems to be rooted in the game files.
    -----------------------------------
    No, you're just assigning your hopes and dreams to your reality slot. Beyond +10 you only have a 40% chance of success. If you use the Goib stones, you now have a 44% chance of success; that means the odds are that you'll still fail each and every time. The numbers don't lie, and believing that 44% = success is where you've gone wrong. 36% isn't much better than 33%, and there still, the odds favor you failing. Go in with that mindset and you won't be disappointed.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Mitglied
    I should have known better, simple question requiring one answer becomes cry fest over Vindictus horrid RNG enhancement - +sad
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Vertreter: 5,900
    Mitglied
    Usually you get all your answers in the first five comments and can just ignore your thread afterwards. I haven't seen threads derailed this frequently for a while.