[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

THE GAME IS TOO EASY.

DestinyLaLaDaDaDestinyLaLaDaDa
Vindictus Rep: 540
in General Discussion
I just spend like 15m convincing friends that Vindictus as a group party, is so fun and that you can increase the difficulty -- so we can all die, laugh and struggle together. I get them to download the game -- create their characters, just for us to be lvl 50 in like two days? Our fights last like 15 seconds ... this is not fun. They literally just uninstalled because it "feels pretty robotic" and "isn't fun, its too easy". What happened to Hero Mode? This is not fun anymore!! At least the option to play hero mode should still be here! Even if there is less rewards. Just harder bosses. As crazy as it sounds, we want to die. There should be some element of danger?
ShakayaXiaquaX

Comments

• DestinyLaLaDaDaDestinyLaLaDaDa
    I’m back again. Hero Mode should be added to each quest. Make the game fun again. Have the option for there to be a speed run, yes, but for those who want to actually have fun with Hero Mode.
    Shakaya
  • RagnastormRagnastorm
    Vindictus Rep: 1,080
    deff dont disagree. at least the option would be nice. i havent played in 5 years, now you just one shot everything lmao. was very rough for my buddy who was using Miri lol. he had to stop me from doing anything to be able to use the trans. its rough tho, cause once you do get to things that dont get one shot, you kinda get screwed? we need hero mode back
    Shakaya
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Bring back 8 man raids.
    RagnastormShakaya
  • UmbrellaUmbrella
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    I completely agree! I just returned to the game after being gone for nearly a decade. I couldn't believe how easy everything is now. I feel like my character is not taking any damage at all. I invited a friend of mine to join with me, and as I watched him play, my eyes were locked on his health bar. It never went down in the two hours that he played, and neither of us are skilled. We're both just scratching our heads wondering why is everything so easy?

Also, I'm a little sad to see the forums so inactive.
    Shakaya
  • ElynsaElynsa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,565
    edited December 22, 2020
    Umbrella wrote: »
    I completely agree! I just returned to the game after being gone for nearly a decade. I couldn't believe how easy everything is now. I feel like my character is not taking any damage at all. I invited a friend of mine to join with me, and as I watched him play, my eyes were locked on his health bar. It never went down in the two hours that he played, and neither of us are skilled. We're both just scratching our heads wondering why is everything so easy?

Also, I'm a little sad to see the forums so inactive.

The game has been streamlined to get you to end game content ASAP. The forums have been abandoned in favor of Discord.
    https://discord.com/invite/vindictus
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Game is not easy, main quest IS

The game atm feels like it has a 10 hour long tutorial. If you really like the combat style and visuals, endure it, at lv95+ it starts getting interesting. You will not regret.
    This thread is also more proof (we don't really need it tbh) that the game scares new players. Very hard to get new player base like this....
    Shakaya
  • Raiden25Raiden25
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    Welcome to vindictus before rise update lel just whale
  • DestinyLaLaDaDaDestinyLaLaDaDa
    It's incredibly sad. Imagine getting your friends to join you in this fantasy world of danger and suspense. Where one wrong move could shatter your armor, or worse. Wipe your whole team. Now? It's laughable. I tell my friends wait till level 95? Like c'mon. I know that Vindictus is a great game. This is not just the nostalgia taking over. I come back every couple of months to see if this has changed, but sadly it hasn't. Hero Mode, at least THE OPTION until level 80. Will help revive this game, because new players will get the experience that some of us had back in the day. The struggle, the fights, the rage, the sweet sweet victory.

This is sad. </3
    Shakaya
  • RaidersRaiders
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    It's incredibly sad. Imagine getting your friends to join you in this fantasy world of danger and suspense. Where one wrong move could shatter your armor, or worse. Wipe your whole team. Now? It's laughable. I tell my friends wait till level 95? Like c'mon. I know that Vindictus is a great game. This is not just the nostalgia taking over. I come back every couple of months to see if this has changed, but sadly it hasn't. Hero Mode, at least THE OPTION until level 80. Will help revive this game, because new players will get the experience that some of us had back in the day. The struggle, the fights, the rage, the sweet sweet victory.

This is sad. </3

Those days are long gone sad to say.

Maybe in Vindictus 2.
  • YeskasYeskas
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    go no armor it also saves on repair fees
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Vindictus Rep: 735
    I'm able to enjoy the game now, because I still have memories from when the entire game was hard. I got through most of season 2 before they nerfed seasons 1~3, and had a lot of fun when I was playing that. When I came back to Vindi, finishing up season 2 and getting started on season 3 was a snooze, but now that I'm at the end of season 3 the game is fun again.

I've only ever played my main, so I'm not revisiting the nerfed content on new characters, so this change doesn't effect me as a player, but it does effect the game's ability to have community growth. The game is currently set up so older players can breeze through older content on new characters they make. I agree with you that they really need to set "easy" and "hard" mode options, because this game is not new-player friendly at all anymore. Let old players making new characters toggle on an easy mode that activates the nerf, and have the un-nerfed version be the default.

Struggling to stay alive in Hoarfrost Hollow while killing my friends with the spike trap in there is part of the fun of playing at a lower level. Enjoying the battles while reading season 1 (which is the best written season period) is important for new players. No one wants to zoom through the majority of the game just to skip to the end if they're a new player.
  • FishMarketFishMarket
    Vindictus Rep: 910
    who is
  • ArmageddalArmageddal
    Vindictus Rep: 940
    I'm also a potential returner (but have been put off by the region block, if that is still a thing). By the sounds of it, though, Vindictus got hit by the same thing Dragon Nest did way back? Where you can 1-shot everything? I remember that very clearly; five days after I joined Dragon Nest and was super into it, they released a huge update that made the game so easy that it was literally impossible to even learn how to use my class properly. Everything would die from "normal attacks" before I'd build up to the moves that gave me my class resource for special attacks, so there was no point. Are we talking the same thing with Vindictus now? Like, ordinary mobs die before you can use a smash attack and bosses die on the first smash?
  • ArmageddalArmageddal
    Vindictus Rep: 940
    Raiders wrote: »

Maybe in Vindictus 2.

Rather than Vindictus 2, what we need is a new game by a new developer that can match Vindictus' combat system for fast-paced action combat. And for the love of god no more hotbar games. I don't know what it is about MMOs and hotbars. Vindictus proved that you could have high-paced, complex combat using literally nothing but WASD, spacebar, and the mouse.
    Raiders
  • RaidersRaiders
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Armageddal wrote: »
    Raiders wrote: »

Maybe in Vindictus 2.

Rather than Vindictus 2, what we need is a new game by a new developer that can match Vindictus' combat system for fast-paced action combat. And for the love of god no more hotbar games. I don't know what it is about MMOs and hotbars. Vindictus proved that you could have high-paced, complex combat using literally nothing but WASD, spacebar, and the mouse.

Good point and I certainly agree. My preference is the combat style this game offers or even other fast-paced single player games such as Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, and Ninja Gaiden.

• PlayerOOOlPlayerOOOl
    Vindictus Rep: 1,270
    The game is in beginner mode all the way until the new Season 3 raids.
    Based on my experience with recent new characters, I can solo level up to lvl 85~95 for about 8 hours.

It's still fun and people die in the new raids.
    But the problem is we need to go through a long and tedious easy mode dungeons to unlock the story and raids.

The dev doesn't give us any "skip to level xxx" event.
    I guess dev wants people to get familiar with the character, but this warm-up period is just way longer than it should be.

Well, for all these being said, my Tessa is level 61 after 4 and half hours.
    It's a fun char to play, and I am on my way to lvl 105.