[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Mysterious Cat Statue for levels 89 and below

AbyssofthorAbyssofthor
Vindictus Rep: 1,345
edited December 22, 2016 in General Discussion

Why shaft level 90 for why you dis Nexon. image This would have been great since i have a bunch level 90 characters with no artifact. image Please don't tell me grind pvp seals it would be a nightmare I have many level 90 characters. image
Xie

Comments

• X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Agreed, would have been better if it was like the listless berserker and been a (30 days) type artifact. oh well git grinding lol
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Nexon just doesn't gaf. People have been asking for alternate methods to earn at least lesser artifacts for their characters. Really don't understand why they made it work only up to 89. I have too many chars to go through PvP hell for artifacts on them all, and I have no desire to do PvP as is.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    You can always go the trade wins route.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

Sure we can trade PvP seals, but that doesn't fix the problem. You shouldn't be forced to do PvP as the only method to get a cool luxury item that you'll mostly use in PvE, and people shouldn't have to abuse/exploit the PvP system to get it either.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Order5
    Order5 said:

Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

Sure we can trade PvP seals, but that doesn't fix the problem. You shouldn't be forced to do PvP as the only method to get a cool luxury item that you'll mostly use in PvE, and people shouldn't have to abuse/exploit the PvP system to get it either.
    If you have any other alternatives to PVP rewards that would make casuals that aren't fully end game geared want to do PVP then I'm all ears. It's just nexon insuring that PVP won't be super duper dead. If you want something work for it, simple. Don't be liberal and expect everything handed to you on a silver platter.
    So you're "hardcore" and not a filthy casual because you involve yourself in PvP so that you can max out your PvE experience? Any game that forces players into other modes to max themselves out shows that the devs are out of touch. It's the same reason that BnS is garbage with its forced PvP for those who want to progress at a reasonable pace and not be handicapped.

Maybe Nexon should make sure that PvP isn't "super duper dead" by making it enjoyable. Regardless, PvE progression shouldn't be tied to it.
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    edited December 22, 2016
    Prototypemind

So you're "hardcore" and not a filthy casual because you involve yourself in PvP so that you can max out your PvE experience? Any game that forces players into other modes to max themselves out shows that the devs are out of touch. It's the same reason that BnS is garbage with its forced PvP for those who want to progress at a reasonable pace and not be handicapped.

Maybe Nexon should make sure that PvP isn't "super duper dead" by making it enjoyable. Regardless, PvE progression shouldn't be tied to it.
    That's basically how I see royal army raid and niflheim nowadays.
  • Order5Order5
    edited December 22, 2016
    BloodAngel

If you have any other alternatives to PVP rewards that would make casuals that aren't fully end game geared want to do PVP then I'm all ears. It's just nexon insuring that PVP won't be super duper dead. If you want something work for it, simple. Don't be liberal and expect everything handed to you on a silver platter.
    Unfortunately, if that's Nexon's true logic, the fact that people are seal trading to get them is even more proof that it's an unethical and failing system. I'll also add on that it isn't just about artifacts, they do it for the Emperor set and extra PvE seals also because this is an easy way to get past the 20 seals per day limit.

EDIT:
    Initial comment sounded a bit mean. It was not intentional.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    So @everyone that just bashed me for my comments, I prefaced my reply to the previous posters that if they had a better alternative I would have liked to hear it too so that I could possibly get behind an idea like that. What could artifacts be crafted with? Could they be something that could have a higher quality bc being craft means craftable by expertise too.. does that mean base stats would also be given to give an incentive of getting a 3* artifact? Would they become unbound again then? There's a lot of things that go into these items. They're part of meta for a reason. You're not supposed to worry about them on alts as much because its mostly something that helps you solo quicker/easier or just straight up help yourself in a party.
  • Order5Order5
    BloodAngel

So @everyone that just bashed me for my comments, I prefaced my reply to the previous posters that if they had a better alternative I would have liked to hear it too so that I could possibly get behind an idea like that. What could artifacts be crafted with? Could they be something that could have a higher quality bc being craft means craftable by expertise too.. does that mean base stats would also be given to give an incentive of getting a 3* artifact? Would they become unbound again then? There's a lot of things that go into these items. They're part of meta for a reason. You're not supposed to worry about them on alts as much because its mostly something that helps you solo quicker/easier or just straight up help yourself in a party.
    Battle Points. There has been zero purpose to getting those smileys since the beginning of time other than personal accomplishment. In fact, they have been ignored for so long that they were left with a long-standing bug. Currently, it displays all the BP you've earned on all modes out of the total amount of distinct BP (the denominator is the total amount for one mode). Also, Easy Mode still marks off BP for Hero Mode.

Hopeful Points:
    -While this method does not help PvP at all, it will give a PvE-based method to obtaining these artifacts. KR already has new PvP modes they are trying out to help save it, and this will address the logic of doing PvP in order to accomplish PvE ends.
    -It'll encourage people to return to older dungeons and actually try and do stuff besides simply killing a boss. Title-farmers already have to go back and do these old missions anyway so it'll only be a tiny bit of extra effort for them.
    -The award system can work similar to Ein Lacher or a simple set of sub-stories that require you to complete all BP for a certain mission. For an ordinary artifact, you'll have to complete all the BP for certain areas on Hard Mode. You then can upgrade that artifact to a Greater version by completing BP on Hero Mode.

R.I.P. Points:
    -People will just keep abusing/exploiting the PvP method of seal trading. The arena could be revamped to accomplish this (like a time-extension to seal CDs), but we don't want to just implement a half-baked derpCat solution. To clarify, artifacts and PvE would be good, but PvP is now left out to dry because they'd have to work even harder for artifacts unless we can actually get people to play PvP.
    -Servers that don't have gold inflation and actually have to work to repair their gear might have problems with extra fees that come with trying to complete certain BP. I don't know if the developers would ever do this, but they could even revamp the BP system completely and make it similar to Ein Lacher but for parties (no durability loss, free secondary weapons, quick retry, etc.).
    -By the time a system like this comes around, it might already be too late.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    I've always seen battle points as useless except to completionists so this is an interesting way of them to get put to use. Definitely interesting but lets be honest only thing you need on those low level missions is your weapon, so the repair costs mentioned really don't matter.

Anyways to add on to this idea I think having the artifacts as part of the daily missions would be a fine idea too, because its like seals in that you cant just farm it all in one sitting since you obviously have to do it day by day but its easy enough and you can do it alone that you don't need to be wasting megas trying to get people to PVP.

Trust me I'm not like "Nexon is right 100% of the time! We must agree with them!" I just think it's one of the only ways they could think of for PVP to be rewarding and keep people interested in doing it (to gear up their precious alts)
  • EninyaEninya
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    edited December 22, 2016
    Win trading is the only realistic way to obtain those trinkets on NA.
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,660
    It's incredibly easy to get the seals from PVP, using seal trading & the Seal of Honor 2x Potion Box from the Supply Depot.

Making the free Cat statue have the same stats as the PVP Cat statue would be unfair on PVP players. It's a unique PVP item & shouldn't be available through other PVE.
    So the item that everyone wants for PvE shouldn't be available through PvE-means? Makes total sense. The free statue only gives one bar of SP. Giving it away and making it usable for all levels wouldn't be a bad thing at all.