[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Returning player who's lost. Have Some questions.

StrayerStrayer
Vindictus Rep: 300
in General Discussion
Hi. Left game around 5 years ago. Came back and started playing low lvl missions to practice combat and try to get familiar with game again. Noticed everything looks different. There's something called Story mode but it seems to start me off at some lvl 60 area in the middle of story and I have no idea what's been going on. Anyway to replay the whole story without making a new character?

I don't have many quests to do in my journal. Would like to do some easy quests until I'm good enough to tackle stuff more close to my level. Where can I pick some up? Only found a few in starter town. My mains is lvl 70 Vella.

Are armor set titles removed from game? I see some recipes in town u can buy, but before I spend gold or whatever the currency is in this game, want to know if they will grant titles that boost stats. This would be good for me to do for now. Is there a site that list what recipes to buy for titles that boost stats or do all recipes lead to this?

What's a good source for current gear and how to acquire it? I have a lvl 70 Vella main and would like to make sure she is geared up before moving on to hard areas. Thanks.

Comments

• ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    edited May 17, 2018
    1. Able to see the story from the start?
    - Sorry you will have to make a new character if you wish know the story. Easier is to read the synopsis in one of the forum post.
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/1904/vindictus-main-story-summary

2. Quest and Story
    - Click on M on the Keyboard to bring up where in the story you have left off, sometime the quest are hidden. Also you do not need to run to the NPC anymore but click on the Yellow bubble to auto chat the NPC.

3. Armor set and titles
    - Title are still in game but getting the armor itself is a different barrel of rotting fish. The great mind of Nexon remove the option of NPC crafting armor from 80 and below. Some armor pieces can be found by boss drops in dungeons or automatically given to the player from quest rewards, but if you want full set buy from MP or craft it by learning the Tailoring or Armorsmithing skill. And yes the armor set titles does give stats.

4. What I should be wearing?
    - at Lv 70, nighthawk gear is fine and guessing you started season 2 story line(Malina) most quest will drop nighthawk gear and soon lv 80 gear. So you should still be fine.

The story quest have been dumb down to super easy mode so most quest in Season 2 can be solo or duo. Join a guild or make a friends if you get stuck. It is only in Season 3 where the game goes hard mode.
  • StrayerStrayer
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    Ugh. Tried a season two quest it was. Was hard. Low health just off of what I guess were trash mobs. Not reall good with Vella I guess. Shame, she interest me the most. Her counter ability I am terrible with. Gonna practice her chain weapons, maybe be better with that.

Thanks for the info. btw.

Have to wait 2 days for character deletion. Decided to make an Arisha and play through early story with her. Hear she has a secondary weapon coming out perhaps soon. Whip I think it is.
  • SomeguywashereSomeguywashere
    Vindictus Rep: 1,205
    Check the state of vindictus to see if returning is wis
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    Kind of hard for someone who hasn’t been around for 5 years to understand what’s going on. The game has drastically changed since then. If you truly like the combat, then yeah imo it’s worth to stick around.