[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Rise update lies about damage contribution system

Comments

• ISnatchMoneyISnatchMoney
    Vindictus Rep: 1,995
    Deprived wrote: »
    Emerthyst wrote: »
    If they didn't give lower leveled players buffed stats you would have an argument over the 1%. You have to be doing something seriously wrong to not get at least 1% with the lv90-esque stats they give everyone or being a faceplanter.

There is another player a couple posts above you telling you that they only get 2% in their Royal Army Raids. And that's with soap buffs and these "buffed stats" you're talking about and the "lvl90-esque stats". 1% is only 1% less of 2 you know and getting 1, 2, 3, 4% is normal in Royal Army Raids. Soap is not always available though and if a player isn't very skilled and newer to the game, they're dying a lot, Royal Army Raids are lagging a lot again, their damage can and will go below 1%, which is what happened to me.

Like I said, this isn't about me and how much damage I'm capable of, it's the principle - Nexon says the damage based reward system which includes this less than 1% damage penalty doesn't apply in Royal Army Raids when clearly it's being applied so that's a lie.

Also, if you look at the first screenshot showing my damage percentage (0.98%) you see I was in 10th place. There were 12 players in the raid so this means 2 other players dealt less than 1% as well. Are these AFKers? No, they would've been kicked and I saw no AFKers anyway.

They were playing normally and due to several other variables that come into play while doing Royal Army Raids like server lag (Royal Army Raids notorious and it's common knowledge that the server lag gets pretty bad sometimes while doing those raids) and the lag contributes to more death, less damage dealt which is already low being split between 12 people, it takes a while to get revived sometimes which lowers total damage from those players that die, lower player skill level will also result less damage percentage, not everyone is a pro at Royal Army Raids, especially newbies. And this is going on in other raids as well and to lots of other players.

Think about others and everything else going on that others have to deal with, not just yourself.
    You did only get One core yes, but did you forget about buffs and bonus cores? You only got one core (less than 1% dmg), but you forget the fact you get more cores also*-based on if your LUK is above 100, maybe your using a LUK effect of some type, and / or NX/cadet-badge. Also VIP core. VIP & LUK cores are seperated from boss cores aka your 1% core. You only got that one core and the other additional cores were given to you based on your equiped items (VIP/cadet badge).

*Gallagher die is an event drop so ignore that one.*
    Notice how these buffed effects are seperated in terms of (LUK effect) and (VIP Service)

"You did only get One core yes"

First thank you for proving my point and confirming that the damage based reward system is being applied to Royal Army Raids when it shouldn't be. Yet Nexon claims it doesn't.

And I didn't "forget" anything about LUK/VIP and Cadet Badge drops, I said I only got one drop not counting the LUK drop and VIP - you should learn to actually read the thread before posting. I know there might be too much for you to read and your attention span is too short to keep up with all the information or you're just plain lazy but if that's the case just don't post because you're just repeating what I've already said and gone over.

There is a reason why I didn't include my VIP and LUK drop in the drop results. Not every player out there has VIP and Cadet Badge to get the bonus drops with those items, especially the newbies and weaker players like myself and many others in the server. Both of those items you have to pay for either with AP for 2 day VIP or gold/NX for Cadet Badge, not everyone can afford to have those two items equipped at all times.

I was just talking to a new player yesterday, I told them they should get VIP when doing their raids for more drops and they told me they need the AP for their skills to get stronger. So while 2 day VIP is more easily accessible, number one not every player knows about that and number two not every player on the server can afford 24/7 VIP, they may need the AP for other things

Are you going to pay for VIP and Cadet Badge items for every player in the server that needs it for bonus drops? I think not and that's impossible anyway.

So what happens then?

You only get 1 drop if your damage is less than 1%. This is a feature of the "damage reward system" which Nexon says doesn't happen in Royal Army Raids.

Stop being so selfish thinking only about yourselves, what you're capable of like getting that 1% damage day in and day out and what you can afford to buy to get bonus drops like VIP and Cadet badge in the game as if every single other player in the server is the same as you because that's not the case. Many other players have it a lot worse off than you, they don't perform as well in raids as others and can't always afford these luxuries of VIP and Cadet Badge like you might be able to.

There is no point of your forum post anyway. If you can't manage higher than 1% than yeah.. you're doing something really wrong. Also if you're a new player and unaware of the dmg. reward system- you posted the WRONG one, as that one you posted is for normal raids, not directed for RAR dmg % relevant.

This is the more proper photo since you are clearly. UNAWARE.
    RoyalRaiddmgbonuss1222222222222.png
  • DeprivedDeprived
    Vindictus Rep: 990
    edited January 25, 2018
    lol this guy and his projection theories :D :D
    I'm rolling on the floor

I don't know whos more mentally deranged: me for making a quick "git gud" comment when its due or you for over-analyzing the life of people you know nothing about on a video game forum.I know a guy just like you who stopped posting lately..hmm

Also,in the time you took to write this huge forum post and textwall replies you couldve farmed enough money to buy gear that will get you more than 1% in royal raids,haha.

Like I said, this thread isn't about me, that isn't the focus of this topic, it's about the damage system in Royal Army Raids. Learn to read.

But if for some reason instead of actually making a helpful contribution to the thread you feel the need to throw personal insults at the thread creator you clearly have some personal issues to deal with. Because while most everyone else is trying to help, you're angry inside and bitter for whatever reason and just have to throw insults every chance you get.

You can deny it all you want and throw more insults to try and save face or look cool or whatever you're trying to accomplish but those of us, the more intelligent players in the community, observing toxic players like yourself know that's what's really going on. I know, it's hard to admit you have personal issues publicly so I don't blame you for denying it, it's okay.

You wouldn't be throwing insults if you were truly happy with yourself. Happy people are positive, not negative like yourself. It's basic human psychology, it's not that hard to understand.

Or maybe you're just in denial, I think that's what it is. Denial is the first step to recovery as they say :)

• Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    edited January 25, 2018
    (.) (.) ^
    sounds like someone cant take criticism
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited January 25, 2018
    Deprived wrote: »
    lol this guy and his projection theories :D :D
    I'm rolling on the floor

I don't know whos more mentally deranged: me for making a quick "git gud" comment when its due or you for over-analyzing the life of people you know nothing about on a video game forum.I know a guy just like you who stopped posting lately..hmm

Also,in the time you took to write this huge forum post and textwall replies you couldve farmed enough money to buy gear that will get you more than 1% in royal raids,haha.

Like I said, this thread isn't about me, that isn't the focus of this topic, it's about the damage system in Royal Army Raids. Learn to read.

But if for some reason instead of actually making a helpful contribution to the thread you feel the need to throw personal insults at the thread creator you clearly have some personal issues to deal with. Because while most everyone else is trying to help, you're angry inside and bitter for whatever reason and just have to throw insults every chance you get.

You can deny it all you want and throw more insults to try and save face or look cool or whatever you're trying to accomplish but those of us, the more intelligent players in the community, observing toxic players like yourself know that's what's really going on. I know, it's hard to admit you have personal issues publicly so I don't blame you for denying it, it's okay.

You wouldn't be throwing insults if you were truly happy with yourself. Happy people are positive, not negative like yourself. It's basic human psychology, it's not that hard to understand.

Or maybe you're just in denial, I think that's what it is. Denial is the first step to recovery as they say :)

yea he's Prototypemind,alright
    you blew your cover when you said you take "git gud" as personal insult

5 forum posts and already knowing all about the "bullies" of this forum.
    Time to make yet another account to bait 'haters' I guess?

My stance on this issue still stands: if you get less than 1% you're a deadweight teammate who shouldnt have the same priority for drops as the other people who have the decency to get to average gear before attempting a royal raid

• DeprivedDeprived
    edited January 25, 2018

There is no point of your forum post anyway. If you can't manage higher than 1% than yeah.. you're doing something really wrong. Also if you're a new player and unaware of the dmg. reward system- you posted the WRONG one, as that one you posted is for normal raids, not directed for RAR dmg % relevant.

This is the more proper photo since you are clearly. UNAWARE.
    RoyalRaiddmgbonuss1222222222222.png

That's your opinion, which is the minority as others are providing feedback relating to the thread on both sides. You not reading the thread (which you've proven to me) doesn't mean "there is no point". Those who actually read are able to figure out the point. There's a big difference there. You're just plain lazy and don't want to read, that's your own problem.

And your screenshot is irrelevant. But if you would've actually read first you would know that.

Your screenshot implies that rewards don't change for all players that rank lower than 8th place (which means 9th through 12th place in damage). So if there is "no change" to rewards to those who place lower than 8th then why am I being penalized and getting less drops for getting 10th place if there is "no change" as your screenshot that has nothing to do with this suggests? That directly contradicts what your random screenshot says.

See? This is why I told you earlier to go read before posting. You just posted some random screenshot about increases to Royal Army Raid drop rate for getting 1st through 8th place when that's not even what this thread is about and someone else also said that. I guess you didn't read that either huh.

This thread is about the 1% damage penalty in Royal Army Raids and you're off on another planet trying to tell me what the thread is about, telling me about the drop rate boosts for higher DPS ranks when that has nothing to do with this lol. See what happens when you don't read? I'm not sure if you're a foreigner (noted by the broken english) and don't understand what we're talking about in the thread or what but you seem to be very confused.

But that's what happens when you don't read before posting.

So the only one "unaware" is you. And posting in caps lock doesn't make you right or more believable by the way, it just makes you look very obnoxious and annoying.
    Max players for RAR is 12, so subtract 8 which leaves 4 left. That means that four players will NOT get a reward bonus. The word bonus is not something handed to you for free but something that is, EXTRA.
    The screenshot is not irrelvant but simply states which catagory of players these extra rewards will go to. Is it really that hard to understand? Did you read or bother to look at the screenshot/photo at all? Look at the last bullet. "No change in rewards for all other players". That last bullet states CLEARLY, if your not rank 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8th place in DMG. for Royal Army Raid, then you will not recieve a reward bonus.

Your thinking it contradicts when it's your mind simply refusing to accept this simple fact.
    You stated 'This thread is about the 1% damage penalty in Royal Army Raids and you're off on another planet trying to tell me what the thread is about, telling me about the drop rate boosts for higher DPS ranks when that has nothing to do with this lol. See what happens when you don't read? I'm not sure if you're a foreigner and don't understand the thread or what but you seem to be very confused.'
    You are WRONG. It IS based off of how much DPS you do and what category you fit. This can be found in last year's post on Neamhain's arrival but i doubt you would know, you sound new.

(Proof that it's in the game and you can't do anything about it, sorry!)
    Here's the Link: http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/20310/corruption-of-the-goddess-update
    (BE SURE TO CHECK OUT ADDITIONAL CHANGES TO SEE THAT ITS CLEARLY STATED for DPS ranks=Royal Army Raid)
  • DeprivedDeprived
    edited January 25, 2018
    Max players for RAR is 12, so subtract 8 which leaves 4 left. That means that four players will NOT get a reward bonus. The word bonus is not something handed to you for free but something that is, EXTRA.
    The screenshot is not irrelvant but simply states which catagory of players these extra rewards will go to. Is it really that hard to understand? Did you read or bother to look at the screenshot/photo at all? Look at the last bullet. "No change in rewards for all other players". That last bullet states CLEARLY, if your not rank 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8th place in DMG. for Royal Army Raid, then you will not recieve a reward bonus.

Your thinking it contradicts when it's your mind simply refusing to accept this simple fact.
    You stated 'This thread is about the 1% damage penalty in Royal Army Raids and you're off on another planet trying to tell me what the thread is about, telling me about the drop rate boosts for higher DPS ranks when that has nothing to do with this lol. See what happens when you don't read? I'm not sure if you're a foreigner and don't understand the thread or what but you seem to be very confused.'
    You are WRONG. It IS based off of how much DPS you do and what category you fit. This can be found in last year's post on Neamhain's arrival but i doubt you would know, you sound new.

(Proof that it's in the game and you can't do anything about it, sorry!)
    Here's the Link: http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/20310/corruption-of-the-goddess-update
    (BE SURE TO CHECK OUT ADDITIONAL CHANGES TO SEE THAT ITS CLEARLY STATED for DPS ranks=Royal Army Raid)

/facepalm

I've said this to you multiple times now, go read the thread to find out what it's about before posting. You keep showing me time and time again that you haven't read a thing in here and just keep talking about something else.

Where in the thread title do you see me say anything about this "bonus" that you keep talking about? I'm not talking about the increases in drop rate for doing more DPS.

I'm well aware of the details of the corruption of the goddess update and the only thing relating to Royal Army Raids in that is the fact that you get an increase in drop rate for doing more damage, that's it.

It also states that there is no change if you rank below 8th place and you still haven't answered my question as to why if there is "no change" to rewards of those who get lower than 8th place my drop rewards are in fact changing and I'm getting less rewards for being in 10th place, only getting one drop because of it and the game even notifies me that my drops has changed. But you can't answer that can you? Because it throws everything you just said out the window and it makes that statement from the corruption of the goddess update false.

This thread isn't about some DPS competition and what "category" as you say you're in based on your DPS that you think it is. You keep repeating yourself, citing irrelevant information about bonus drops for getting 1st-8th place. I don't care about that. And once again, that isn't what this thread is about.

Take your DPS competition elsewhere.

edited January 25, 2018
    Your first photo you fall into the category of 9th-12th place. Its simple No extra rewards. I completely understand your statements fully and clearly. You did less than 1% (0.98%) so you only got one core yes.

Also that Less than 1% damage rule counts for Royal Army Raids and Every Raid departure.

RAR does not get the rewards for 40%, 80% dmg as thats for Raids Only.
    Hope this sums it up
  • DeprivedDeprived
    edited January 25, 2018
    Okay, for the last time, I don't care about "bonus" or "extra" rewards for having higher DPS than others and being in a certain DPS category for doing higher damage. That isn't what this thread is about.

Nowhere in this thread have I asked for "extra rewards" or "bonus rewards" based on my damage. That has nothing to do with this. Can you show me a legitimate quote of where I was specifically asking for "extra rewards"? You can't.

Also, can you show me somewhere Nexon has specifically stated that "if you get less than 1% damage you only get one drop in Royal Army Raids?" You can't. This information is nowhere to be found and besides that it isn't fair to be following this practice in a raid where people already do very low damage and sometimes conditions are worse than other times.

And in fact they actually claim the reward system won't be applied to Royal Army Raids period when it actually does.

The issue is that Nexon says that the damage reward system (which includes the less than 1% damage = 1 core damage penalty) doesn't apply to Royal Army Raids when in fact it does. So the information they've provided is a lie, it's false, it's incorrect and players are being penalized for that which they shouldn't be and there are many different scenarios where many players just aren't able to get 1% sometimes in a raid where it's common for people to only deal 1.xx, 2, 3, 4 and other single digit DPS percentages.

No honest, sane and considerate human being can tell me it's okay to give those players in Beokros getting frozen a lot and dying often only one drop just because they aren't able to stay alive as much as others and do enough damage in time before the boss dies. What if they're dying a lot and everyone else is busy trying to do enough DPS and that player isn't getting revived much?

Is it really fair to punish these players for these reasons? I think not.

It's not okay to nerf a player's drops and give them only one drop just because they didn't manage to get that 1% damage when they could've been lagging
    DUMBFUK.png

Please READ it through as its a fact. Its been implemented since Last year january and not likely to change.
    edited January 25, 2018
    Yes The Less than 1% dmg is always ONE core and Yes Nexon states: Applied only for normal Raids, but Nexon also forgot to mention too that the last bullet, Less than 1% dmg (ONE CORE) infact applies too for RAR even if it states not. It must've been a typo from the web-guy, as people do make mistakes.

So if you're confused, the Reward system applies to RAR only for the last bullet (one core is always distributed for less than 1%dmg RAR), and the Reward system applies for Normal Raids, bullets 1,2 AND 3. (First picture)
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    Weekly(Daily?) spicy thread

ssxWh7W.png
  • DeprivedDeprived
    edited January 25, 2018
    Those are some colorful pictures you have there 'isnatchmoney'. But that's about it.

"There are no additional cores for you!"

Lol I don't remember asking for "additional cores" anywhere in this thread. Not going to repeat myself about that again and won't be responding to that screenshot about additional cores for higher damage, I've said it enough times that the focus of this thread isn't bonus cores for higher damage.

"The reward system applies only to Normal raids as stated and not to RAR, which is why -1% (0.98%) is always ONE core."

You just said yourself the reward system (which consists of giving only one core for less than 1% damage) doesn't apply to RAR then in the next breath you tell me that's why I received only one core??

I received only one core because the reward system doesn't apply to RAR? Sounds like that one core for less than 1% damage is coming directly from the reward system to me.

And you can try all you want to speak for Nexon and tell us what you think their team did wrong, like "maybe the web guy made a typo" but that's all nothing but speculation. We won't know what's really going on here until we here from Nexon NA themselves.

I'm dealing with facts, not theories and speculation and the fact of the matter is Nexon has told us this reward system that gives only one core for less than 1% damage won't apply to Royal Army Raids when that isn't true and it in fact is being applied and players are being penalized for getting less than 1% damage.

edited January 26, 2018
    Wow,Snatch.I can't believe you bothered to make a fancy explanation image for this troll.He baits you harder than a liberal sjw
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    Carful Whiskers he might make an 3 paragraph comment saying how elitist you are (.) (.)
  • DeprivedDeprived
    edited January 26, 2018
    Yeah going to be closing this thread, going way off topic now like with the posts above.

And I will be reporting you two for hijacking this thread and choosing to use it to desperately make personal attacks rather than contribute something useful to the thread topic.

You know those people that can't have a debate about something without getting mad and insulting the other person because they aren't smart enough to keep up? Yeah that's you two.

"I don't have any other point to make and I'm not smart enough to keep up with the conversation but you smell!" Lol

Sad this is what the forum has become, where people can't even have a mature intelligent conversation and discussion without throwing insults at the thread creator due to their own person insecurities.

I have one random, 'MisterWhiskers' accusing me of being some other player, obviously baiting me to argue with him about that which I ignored and since I'm not giving him any attention he's so desperate to get from me he claims I'm the one doing the baiting, again more weak bait from a wannabe troll.

Then I have another random, 'Arrow95' who has contributed nothing at all to the topic and his only posts in this thread has been him getting mad because I don't like elitists and his only purpose has been to defend the elitists lol One elitist whale that cries about his pay2win character not doing enough damage on the forums defending the other elitist, what a surprise.

This is what Vindictus has become, no surprise the majority of actual good people have left the game and most all the veterans are gone because of toxic players like this.

The both of you will be reported for continuously spamming the thread with your garbage insults and personal attacks rather than posting something related to the thread topic.

Feel free to get mad again and make more personal attacks and show how immature you two are yet again. it'll only be more evidence for moderators and dig you into a deeper hole so think twice before you continue doing that.

• DeprivedDeprived
    edited January 26, 2018
    10char
    edited January 26, 2018
    this guy is comedy gold

I still can't tell whether he's a god-tier troll or some psycho surfing the web after he forgot to take his pills
  • EffectEffect
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040
    did not read
  • DeprivedDeprived
    edited January 26, 2018
    this guy is comedy gold

I still can't tell whether he's a god-tier troll or some psycho surfing the web after he forgot to take his pills

Ah the terrible fail wannabe troll wants to accuse me of being the troll lol

So I took the time to create this thread just to troll the entire forum right? Makes sense.

Nice try at the reverse psychology but you failed miserably.

And saying "god-tier" doesn't make you cool either. You just show how much of a follower and sheep you are repeating the same thing 942239239 other people have already said on the internet to try and fit in. It's quite pathetic actually but these days people will do anything to fit in so I understand.

And I know how desperate you are for my attention or you wouldn't be bothering to spam and post your kindergarten jokes to try and get a response.

Reported once again.

If any actual intelligent people have something actually useful to contribute to the thread topic feel free to post.