[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

is the game dead ?

Comments

• RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited August 15, 2017
    In the heat of praising the Rise update and accepting the current state of the game don't forget the migration and why it happened and the players that have lost their characters due to Nexon's negligence/laziness and the amount of players that have been locked out.

Also this update did not much for increasing the population. The game actually is offering less features (except the modifications) and more pay to win now besides those few good improvements.

I don't have any problem with anyone's views and i totally accept that some of you like it but shouldn't it be balanced out so that everyone could have their own little piece of it? And this is what actual features could achieve if they weren't only for the intent to milk the players more. As it is a wannabe MMO it should offer other things than just learning boss attack patterns, shouldn't it?

For example i would have a lot of fun in PvP because i don't really like grinding after i reached the end-game. So considering that it's almost like an MMO, it should have a balanced PvP, a few more battlegrounds, reasonable rewards and a time limit increasing at arena because 5 minutes just isn't enough.

And about the combat system again that we thought as if it alone could bring more players to the game. Yes, all the fancy stuff in a game could bring more players in the short term, but everyone likes a game differently, that means not everyone will feel so nostalgic and accept everything so they may end up quitting soon after they get bored of it, and they get bored of it so soon because they can't find their purpose in it. And a lot of other games (single-player, multi-player, MMO) offer PvE and grinding and since this game offers nothing unique against them, a lot of players avoid it. Looking at other games and MMO's if you really want to compare them to Vindi it feels as if Vindi had the least features amongst them. (based on that all of the people i played with for a long time or invited to the game have already quit long ago for similar reasons)

So accept it or not, there's no fun in the game right now except for people who play it because of nostalgia or the combo sequences or the fancy object physics. But a lot of gamers don't see them as actual advantages as they don't define the game's mechanics. The same mechanics could be achieved without the combos and the physics with the same challenges, or even more challenges because there wouldn't be a long time frame on the skill usage beside the cooldown so you could do other things meanwhile. But the combat part of the game absolutely isn't the problem. The problem is what others have already mentioned, the decisions at DevCat/Nexon and the only way we could do something about it if we didn't pursue only our selfish views on the forums and instead of saying "the game is okay, what's your problem", we started thinking about what the potential player would like to have in the game.

TL;DR; it's especially for those who accept the changes (you may have a good laugh reading it or you may just try to understand it)
    BraveBlade2
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    edited August 15, 2017
    tom50574 wrote: »
    for 3 weeks or so i have been looking to buy a +13-15 xgun or bow lvl 90 - 95 and none in east market forums or in game market .

There are many reasons why there are fewer +13-15 weapon on the market now, compared to before.

1. A lot of players don't think upgrading to 95 gear is worth it at the moment unless you're a Sword Lann with low enhance swords. The prices of mats for level 95 equipment is still sky high so not many players have the gold to upgrade yet. Plus, their current equipment is most likely still fine for all content at the moment, including Dullahan and Neamhain so the urge to upgrade or create new gear is less needed. So imo, most likely players are holding onto their high enhance weapons cause it's still viable. Players may start upgrading when Aes Sidhe's update come closer around Spring maybe.

2. +13-15 is a bit harder to reach now. The chance for +13 is 20%, +14 is 16%, and +15 is 15%, compared to the old chance of 33% for +13, +14, and +15. Sure, mats are easier to get now to try for higher enhance but there's a very high chance that the higher enhance weapons you're looking for are already bound and can no longer be sold.

3. The player base now is also a lot lower than before so there's a lot less people selling their weapons.

4. This might be silly but since OP is looking for a bow/gun, another reason why it might be harder to find a high enhance level gun/bow might be that 75% of the population are playing as female characters. I don't know how it is on East but lately, it's becoming much more hard for me to come across another player who's playing a male character. Often times, I'm the only one in the party playing a male character but maybe, that's just my experience on West and pugs. So since fewer players are playing male characters, it's become harder to find high enhance weapons for some classes but it's just a possibility.

But KR has released a guaranteed +13 seal shop rune that you can get that only works on level 90 weapons. I expect it to not be here until around mid-late Spring, if you would like to wait for that.

On another note, I've just finished making a +11 C/S level 95 weapon yesterday. A lot of my friends were surprised that I was able to make it so quick. I had spent many months in advance preparing for Dullahan's update since I saw the huge amount of crit to be worth the upgrade since I play Sword Lann. I decided to take the new 95 sword on a test run in Neamhain and Dullahan to see how it goes and compare it to my old +13 level 90 swords. In the end. even though my new level 95 swords allowed me to finally be able to cap both Neamhain and Dullahan and play more comfortably, my old +13 still beats it in damage even though I'm not capped on Neam/Dulla with it. Then again, my +11 lvl 95 only has 1k AD compared to the 2k AD on my +13. Too bad, I can't enhance the +11 level 95 anymore, it already boomed and I'm too broke to make another one. So, in conclusion, if you want to do more damage, go enhance lol and maybe wait another month or two for more people to make more +13 weapons if you want to buy it.
    tom50574PrototypemindBraveBlade2
  • tom50574tom50574
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    edited August 15, 2017
    yes i understand i have try also with a 95 and boomed at +11. it is helpfull with everyone advice. i wont give up for now. ;)

But KR has released a guaranteed +13 seal shop rune that you can get that only works on level 90 weapons. I expect it to not be here until around mid-late Spring, if you would like to wait for that.

will this work on AP restored weapon? i know silly question. NO. but i have to ask. thank you
  • RadeRade
    Vindictus Rep: 1,020
    tom50574 wrote: »

will this work on AP restored weapon? i know silly question. NO. but i have to ask. thank you

Yeah, doesn't work on restored gear. From my understanding, the +11 and +12 ones are guaranteed and otherwise work as you'd expect, but using the +13 one actually causes it to get the restored state as a side effect for getting that guarantee.
    BraveBlade2
  • tom50574tom50574
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    oO so 13 and done lol still sounds good thank you