[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Lovely new trend

cheappariyacheappariya
Vindictus Rep: 1,320
edited August 5, 2017 in General Discussion
Wow this game is really trash, new trand to not res ppl in 4 men raids. I am happy that some players can solo any raid, but if theny want solo plese do it, and do not join any boat. I die to res someone then no one res me. So fakin ****.
I think this is really the dawn of this game. Its only about GG and solo stuff.

Comments

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Don't let bad party experiences get ya down.
  • cheappariyacheappariya
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    Its a trend not a bad party experience. Since rise.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    >doesn't have to put effort into the raid
    >gets drops regardless
    >complains

#JustVindiPlayersLogic
    V0lterixAntoneyHarii
  • lumix345lumix345
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Ah this is definitely not a new trend. This has been going on for a while especially in Pugs and has only gotten more exacerbated with both the reduced boat count and the new damage formula making most battles last only like 5 minutes.

Best way to get around it is to join a Guild if you haven't already or make parties with friends.
  • SrWurmSrWurm
    Vindictus Rep: 345
    Since rise I can host, and because I dont like to kick people, usually I end with two players with only the gifted gear from lvl 95. They die, a lot. The 90% of the times I stop fighting to res them 1 or 2 times, but after that, they can stay dead in my opinion. That ones who die more that 3 times in Regina are often the same that complain about no res in s3.
    Yeah, liking to get carried is a lovely trend (Need dulla carry megas)
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Some players constantly kept dying to basic stuff like glas gravity even though it was obvious, near the end of the battle I asked them try not to die, they just say they don't care , just going through story.

I just raid s3 with 3 alts instead ever since.
    SrWurmAntoney
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Make sure you actually ask people for a revive. It feels weird to have to ask for one since it's taken for granted, but you should make sure that they aren't just doing it on purpose. Worst case scenario is that they'll take it as an invitation to troll your corpse with a feather, but then you have a real solid reason to blacklist that player.

Also, this is one of the few reasons I stopped doing Royal Army raids; there are too many people who aren't being team players.
  • SlothPrincessSlothPrincess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,420
    Depends on my mood but I usually try to revive people. But I'm most likely to not rev the people who don't drink pots or say thank you ;x
    Order5SrWurm
  • RavelationsRavelations
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    As a staff evie main, i always stop to revive any one who dies, But the main reason no one is reviving is because of Rises dumb changes to the reward system, the more damage you do, the more cores you get, and thus the less people there are standing the more damage you do, Its why i've stopped joining random boats, i just keep raiding with the 4 same people whenever we decide to get on vindictus
    AnthonytonyboyMelopsum
  • FurielFuriel
    Vindictus Rep: 3,330
    I try to revive people as much as possible. But I do have a slight tendency of forgetting to bring feathers :D
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    I thought this thread was about that new trend for boats where you host a boat, let the boat fill (Which is often a reasonable time to you know, talk a little), and then once party is full you instantly close entire boat.... +cold
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    With the new hp pot system, you shouldn't die, with fine pots its 1khp every 5 seconds
  • Sw33tSSw33tS
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    That is the direction that this game is headed. Solo-friendly, no big parties due to lag and the game is easier to sufficiently become "average" (if that's enough).
    People probably aren't reviving because they just want to have the fun of dealing damage to the boss, something they couldn't really do before Rise due to having low stats. Yeah feels bad man.
  • HydlHydl
    Vindictus Rep: 660
    I remember when those special raids first came out, it was the first day of Shining Keaghan's release. I had joined a random party of 6, this is before Rise of course. I really underestimated the strength of both Keaghan and Shakarr, and within a few minutes I died. Nobody revived me. Every single person had the opportunity to revive me, but they specifically chose not to, because you know, gotta get them DEEPS. So I was dead for 90% of the raid which lasted about roughly 10 minutes until a few more people died near the end and someone used a party feather. But this story has a happy end.

I was last obviously, with 3% damage or so. However, I received two orange drops. An orange armor piece and a good rank 7 scroll, and you could tell when they saw that I got it they were pissed. And I was happy as a clam. Because that's what they deserved for not being a team player. Moral of this story? Take 3 seconds of your time to revive someone. Its common courtesy, it makes you look good, and otherwise if you don't, they may be the ones to get the orange.
    KenshinX
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited August 5, 2017
    Didn't I read something about each player supposedly getting a profile? Like the game will notate how you play and then upon joining a party, it will tell the other players what kind of party member you are.

"So and so uses potions at low HP"
    "So and so revives fallen mercs."

I want to say I saw that somewhere in the KR patch notes thread. If my memory is correct and that is a planned addition to the game, then it's a matter of just kicking those with bad reputations and maybe they'll learn to be a team player.

Problem solved.

EDIT: I checked the thread and I was right. Its on page 3 of the KR patch notes thread in a post by LynnCUBE. The notes say that this system is supposed to allow parties to kick players with bad attitudes.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    SrWurm wrote: »
    Since rise I can host, and because I dont like to kick people, usually I end with two players with only the gifted gear from lvl 95. They die, a lot. The 90% of the times I stop fighting to res them 1 or 2 times, but after that, they can stay dead in my opinion. That ones who die more that 3 times in Regina are often the same that complain about no res in s3.
    Yeah, liking to get carried is a lovely trend (Need dulla carry megas)

Can't expect them to do good on 5m HP bosses when all they did so far is beating sandbags ones with 10k HP LUL
    KuraiHotaru
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730
    I can't say if this is a trend. I don't die that often. However, to res ppl isn't always an easy thing. Many times the boss interrupts. The most frustrating thing is when someone dies multiple times then gets mad that you didn't res them. I have to remind them that i only get 3 feathers. Besides, there are so many free GG's in this game. I don't see res'ing as an issue.
    SlothPrincess
  • XXlockdownXXXXlockdownXX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Stayin in party dead and gettin all the goodies hmm sign me up please!! :D
  • HerucrossHerucross
    Vindictus Rep: 780
    >doesn't have to put effort into the raid
    >gets drops regardless
    >complains

#JustVindiPlayersLogic

yeah how dare they actually want to play the game
    SlothPrincessReal
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    I always try to res people immediately (unless there's a good DPS period like after Lugh mechanic), but people seem to use their GGs before I ever can