[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus Client DPI Scaling Not Working

ScevityScevity
Vindictus Rep: 975
edited December 17, 2016 in Tech Support
(Windows 10, version 1607)
While running Vindictus on a 3840 x 2160 monitor, game's client window size does not change via the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" option in "Display settings" from right clicking desktop. Not sure what else I can do here.
I've gotten use to playing in borderless windowed mode with a smaller window size than my screen's resolution, letting me to tab away with ease.

halp plz thx

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Changing the resolution in windowed mode is a feature found within the game. Just implement the same visual settings in the game and you should be able to have a windowed game to the size that you prefer. If necessary, the game will prompt you to reset to keep the changes the next time you play.

Windows 10 OS resolution changing changes the desktop's pixel dimensions, but this has no effect to the default windowed settings in the game, where it must be adjusted within the game to your personal preference.

• ScevityScevity
    edited December 18, 2016
    Unfortunately the in-game options only have something around 2100 x 1150, which still appears tiny on my screen, or 3840 x 2160, basically full screen. Something like 3200 x 1800 is not an option.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Think there are so little options to choose from since the game is mainly based on resolutions for an 18-25 inch monitor. From your pixel measurements, your monitor clocks in at around 51 inches while having a height of around 29 inches, and you are trying to achieve a window size of around 43 inches length, and 24 inches height.

From this, I assume that you are using a plasma screen television for a monitor via HDMI cabling yes?
  • EninyaEninya
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    I'm not sure it would do anything, since I don't play higher than 1920x1080, but you can try putting your own resolution into the Vindictus config file.
  • ScevityScevity
    edited December 19, 2016
    It's a laptop with 15-inch screen...managed to squeeze a lot of pixels onto there
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Not sure of how you manage to do that... but I may have found a work around to the predicament you are having...

There should be a vindictus configuration file for advanced users where you can input the custom resolution of your size that you would want to have.

When you log into the game, set your resolution setting to windowed mode, and select default. The default setting would choose the resolution that is based on the resolution found in that configuration file. This is a text documentation file, so you don't need microsoft word, or some other form of CFG editor to read and access the file.

C > Nexon > Vindictus > EN US > Bin > config_material

is where you will be able to find this file, where you input the numbers necessary for your resolution, and leave the "screenwindowed" at 1.

Screenheight is where it corresponds to the height of your monitor, while screenlength corresponds to the length of your monitor in pixels.

Input the numbers that correspond to your monitor, save it, and then run the game once, and restart afterward so the game detects the new resolution settings and permanently keep them, even if there is a new patch update.

If this doesn't work, do let me know and I will look for an alternate solution.
  • ScevityScevity
    I have tried this method of editing config_material.txt before, and it doesn't work like how I thought it should.
    As long as the set of entered values does not match one of the listed resolution options in game, the client window will default to the first listed option, which is aspect ratio 4:3 & resolution 1024x760 in my case.
  • EninyaEninya
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    You can try setting "ScreenWindowed" to "0".

Your other option is using DSR, but people complained of the UI becoming too small in older versions.