[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Tips and tricks

ScarrletttScarrlettt
Vindictus Rep: 2,300
in Vella
Thats right bois and gurls, bringing back and reviving the original Scarrlettt, my vella. It has been 2 years since I last played her so I am probably rusty. Any tips and tricks on both weapons post revamp would be appreciated. I know vaguely what the skills do but I don't really know how to use it optimally.

Comments

• TradespotTradespot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Scarrlettt

Thats right bois and gurls, bringing back and reviving the original Scarrlettt, my vella. It has been 2 years since I last played her so I am probably rusty. Any tips and tricks on both weapons post revamp would be appreciated. I know vaguely what the skills do but I don't really know how to use it optimally.

For a quick resume i'd say:

1-Learning to know when double Cross Cut versus when chaining Single Cuts instead.Example sometime you can do 3 quick single cuts instead of 1 set of double Cut.Space bar right-click,right click versus space bar right-click,space bar right-click,space bar right-click.

2-The most deceiving thing about her personally is the fact that Typhoon Slash uses so much SP and does not give any back,so you probably want to have a Greater Cat Statue,wich i only realized this week.

3-Learning how to aim the hit boxes when Cross-Cutting,that's what makes you able to compete in party mode regardless of the number of players.The animation of a perfect Cut is longer and will push you further,so making it a little harder to reach the next hitbox.But you can still chain perfect cuts it depends on your speed and the boss attacks,ect...You will inevitabely need to memorize the phases that works versus the ones that doesn't.

So ya,a lot of damage will come from configurating and aiming your cuts phases and it comes with experiance(trial and failures).Last time i did Druid with Valexy i could hear about 10 cuts when Druid does the jump attack at 2:24.Maybe he was using werewolf or just Slashing high i don't know,but it's just to say that you will beneficiate from knowing how much cuts you can get from a boss attack depending on your speed:

Other than that i had some problems with Succubus and Blood Lord,like i would turn Slashing high on get on Cross Stance and aim toward the boss,but i'd end up staying in cross stance and being hit untill i die.It would happen when succubus does the fire trail attack 3 times for example or when Blood Lord does the 360 transparent attack.I end up realizing that sometime aiming is not enough,the boss also has to be close enough to you so that the skill detects the hitbox.So if you cross stance too early,the Cut won't activate.Those cases are rare thoe.

Chains i don't know much.
    ArellaRoth
  • Riy45Riy45
    Vindictus Rep: 710
    edited December 17, 2016
    Tradespot
    Tradespot said:

So ya,a lot of damage will come from configurating and aiming your cuts phases and it comes with experiance(trial and failures).Last time i did Druid with Valexy i could hear about 10 cuts when Druid does the jump attack at 2:24.Maybe he was using werewolf or just Slashing high i don't know,but it's just to say that you will beneficiate from knowing how much cuts you can get from a boss attack depending on your speed:
    I can't figure this one out for the life of me. Sometimes I can get a few cuts, sometimes I only get one and then nothing happens when I go to xstance again, other times it works flawlessly. I have 74 att spd.
    Tradespot
    Tradespot said:

Other than that i had some problems with Succubus and Blood Lord,like i would turn Slashing high on get on Cross Stance and aim toward the boss,but i'd end up staying in cross stance and being hit untill i die.It would happen when succubus does the fire trail attack 3 times for example or when Blood Lord does the 360 transparent attack.I end up realizing that sometime aiming is not enough,the boss also has to be close enough to you so that the skill detects the hitbox.So if you cross stance too early,the Cut won't activate.Those cases are rare thoe.
    This one gets me alot as well. I don't usually have any problems solo but in parties it can be inconsistent. My guess is that it is a result of latency but I don't know.
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    edited December 17, 2016
    Use Wind Rider
    Be aware you can cross stance in the middle of most of her smashes
    Turn off attack in camera direction
    Get hit by everything

Swords
  • sabersatensabersaten
    Vindictus Rep: 1,440
    ein lacher is probably best place to learn which of each boss's attack is xcut-able or not.
    ArellaRoth
  • GldPhoenixGldPhoenix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,020
    Join the kai to vella conversion! B> Bowl of Ph0
    Riy45
    Riy45 said:

This one gets me alot as well. I don't usually have any problems solo but in parties it can be inconsistent. My guess is that it is a result of latency but I don't know.
    The druid 5 stomp i find pretty unreliable with directional cutting, I can pull it off pretty consistently without pushing a direction with X X X X DC. I have 64 speed base. SH and paw does make it easier

• ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    edited December 23, 2016
    GldPhoenix

Join the kai to vella conversion! B> Bowl of Ph0
    Riy45
    Riy45 said:

The druid 5 stomp i find pretty unreliable with directional cutting, I can pull it off pretty consistently without pushing a direction with X X X X DC. I have 64 speed base. SH and paw does make it easier

Oh helll nawww still maining kai. Vella just a side hoe .

Thanks for the tips and info. Will put her to the test