[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New abomination weapon

ArishaLArishaL
Vindictus Rep: 1,100
in Arisha
Anyone have pictures of what the new Abomination weapon looks like?

Comments

• TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    edited December 17, 2016
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    Thanks Love. Its hidious.
    ArellaRothOrder5
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited December 17, 2016
    I really like how the new plate armor set looks like at least, has a very medieval gothic vibe to it. Lugh armor doesn't look anywhere as good compared to what Lugh actually wears, and Regina armor for females looks like some shiny mini-dress. Braha for females looks good with the corset thing, but for males looks terrible. Terminus is the only one that looks good for both genders.

I can see a lot of people making the new plate armor for fusion purposes at least. But its weird that its going to be another 90 set since that doesn't make sense progression wise. What is the point of having two different 90 sets with identical stats?
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Question2
    Question2 said:

I really like how the new plate armor set looks like at least, has a very medieval gothic vibe to it. Lugh armor doesn't look anywhere as good compared to what Lugh actually wears, and Regina armor for females looks like some shiny mini-dress. Braha for females looks good with the corset thing, but for males looks terrible. Terminus is the only one that looks good for both genders.

I can see a lot of people making the new plate armor for fusion purposes at least. But its weird that its going to be another 90 set since that doesn't make sense progression wise. What is the point of having two different 90 sets with identical stats?
    Abilities wise: one only works for ben chenner, while the other only works for Lochlann plains and Berbe. Habitant set was made to appease to lochlann farmers that want to farm there instead of ben chenner.

Paradise orb seed: able to get up to 6 paradise orbs in Lochlann plains

Ice remnant seed: good for finding ice remnants in the secret vault

Magic powder seed: since magic powder drops commonly there, I can see this as a new spot for powder farming.

Paradise stone seed: able to get up to 6 godly iron ores in lochlann plains assuming you get the super rare 5 godly iron ore drop. Even if no ores drop, the ability can generate one godly iron ore, which makes mining not a total waste.

These 4 seeds I can find useful for farming in lochlann plains.

Victorious steps: grants a speed boost per kill. Good for speeding through the dungeon looking for god cloths and heaven leathers.

The leg armor abilities are what KR farmers went for, and weapons don't make much of a difference unless you want to be the best of the best for the habitant raid.
    edited December 18, 2016
    Just in case, here is the Dullahan armor and ss on Arisha:

SlothPrincess
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    I actually like both of the new swords. They are bulky but they hve an interesting design to them. If they were a little smaller itd be perfect
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    The Habitant/Abomination SS looks like the Skele, if it were actually sexy. Liking it.
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    TheDayInLove

Just in case, here is the Dullahan armor and ss on Arisha:

kawaii <3

ArishaL
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

Question2
    Question2 said:

Abilities wise: one only works for ben chenner, while the other only works for Lochlann plains and Berbe. Habitant set was made to appease to lochlann farmers that want to farm there instead of ben chenner.

Paradise orb seed: able to get up to 6 paradise orbs in Lochlann plains

Ice remnant seed: good for finding ice remnants in the secret vault

Magic powder seed: since magic powder drops commonly there, I can see this as a new spot for powder farming.

Paradise stone seed: able to get up to 6 godly iron ores in lochlann plains assuming you get the super rare 5 godly iron ore drop. Even if no ores drop, the ability can generate one godly iron ore, which makes mining not a total waste.

These 4 seeds I can find useful for farming in lochlann plains.

Victorious steps: grants a speed boost per kill. Good for speeding through the dungeon looking for god cloths and heaven leathers.

The leg armor abilities are what KR farmers went for, and weapons don't make much of a difference unless you want to be the best of the best for the habitant raid.
    Considering they are both level 90 areas, they should have just made abilities work in both of them (benchenner and lochlann). They could have made Habitant drop mats for another accessory (like Eochaid) which would have made more sense progression wise. I mean, look at s2 raids if you want to see why this is a bad idea. Most people refuse to do annwyn raids for a reason, and everyone just makes level 80 gear from another of the areas instead (typically using lak/kraken mats as they are the easiest). Unless Habitant is actually fun and easy to do, once the novelty wears off, you will see many people refusing to do it because regina has the same stats and most people want terminus anyway. Getting people to do braha/lugh alone is like pulling teeth.

We all know the real reason for the side grades since S2 is because devcat is trying to delay actual progression (for more milking)...but they had the chance to get things right with s3 since there was a clear difference between all the sets, even if it was only the TYPE of armor...then they added a second level 90 plate set which was just a blatant attempt at delaying level progression and because they know that some people will be crazy enough to buy runes to make two full +10 double enchanted sets just for the (mostly) minor abilities. And because they added a second level 90 plate set, they now need to make a second level 90 cloth, light and heavy set, which will take another 2 years to come out probably, which just pushes the level 100 sets back even more.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Question2
    Question2 said:

Considering they are both level 90 areas, they should have just made abilities work in both of them (benchenner and lochlann). They could have made Habitant drop mats for another accessory (like Eochaid) which would have made more sense progression wise. I mean, look at s2 raids if you want to see why this is a bad idea. Most people refuse to do annwyn raids for a reason, and everyone just makes level 80 gear from another of the areas instead (typically using lak/kraken mats as they are the easiest). Unless Habitant is actually fun and easy to do, once the novelty wears off, you will see many people refusing to do it because regina has the same stats and most people want terminus anyway. Getting people to do braha/lugh alone is like pulling teeth.

We all know the real reason for the side grades since S2 is because devcat is trying to delay actual progression (for more milking)...but they had the chance to get things right with s3 since there was a clear difference between all the sets, even if it was only the TYPE of armor...then they added a second level 90 plate set which was just a blatant attempt at delaying level progression and because they know that some people will be crazy enough to buy runes to make two full +10 double enchanted sets just for the (mostly) minor abilities. And because they added a second level 90 plate set, they now need to make a second level 90 cloth, light and heavy set, which will take another 2 years to come out probably, which just pushes the level 100 sets back even more.
    To answer that , KR has the 95 content where they have carved legendary shards. The 95 belt requires the player to grab a certain rare essence from Habitant, along with another Rare essence from Dullahan. The new accessories from said content can also be enchanted with Dead + subdued ES.

The content is actually sooner than you think, just the habitant/abombination armor serves as another option for the player that wishes to farm in lochlann/berbe instead of ben chenner, as they operate in chapters.

Chapter 1 was the battle of Ben chenner

Chapter 2 shows the twisted region known as lochlann

chapter 3 will bring an unknown enemy force that will freeze all of lochlann, including some paradise materials, and certain enemies, like morbus as one example. (95 gear content) These carved shards are considerably more powerful when compared to their unfrozen parts, but are more unstable in terms of balance.

No one is really forcing you to get these armor pieces per say, but for those that want to stay to the absolute top of the game ability wise, then yes, there are some "milking" aspects added. You have the option to skip over the content if you desire to do so.

As for me, I'm just gonna focus on getting the white powder leg armor only since magic powders can be easily found by farming the secret vault in lochlann plains.
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

I think Dullahan is still part of chapter 2. Long time ago Derpcat said that each chapter will consists of 4 episodes, and Habitant (Abomination) is C3C2E2, and Dullahan will be S3C2E3.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    TheDayInLove

Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

I think Dullahan is still part of chapter 2. Long time ago Derpcat said that each chapter will consists of 4 episodes, and Habitant (Abomination) is C3C2E2, and Dullahan will be S3C2E3.
    Doubt that this is the case, because the new chapter in KR introduced another set of plate armor, and with every new set of plate armor means there's a new chapter.
    edited December 22, 2016
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

Doubt that this is the case, because the new chapter in KR introduced another set of plate armor, and with every new set of plate armor means there's a new chapter.
    Actually it is the case. I forgot that they mentioned this Dullahan is Chapter 2 Episode 3 and named "Encounter", as Nexon stated in their patch notes. You can't apply logic to Derpcat +no