[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

6 year Dud

jeddyhijeddyhi
Vindictus Rep: 1,880
edited December 15, 2016 in General Discussion
Has game play deteriorated over time?
  1. Has game play deteriorated over time?41 votes
    1. yep
       59% (24 votes)
    2. nope, runs like greased lightning
       41% (17 votes)

Comments

• 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    I remember in '12 or '13 (when the login background was the view from the cabin of a boat on the water) I had to quit because I could not log on at all for weeks on end due to connection timing out. Then I came back in '15, and I could at least play even though frequently boarding boats would fail and accessing MP could freeze up the game for up to a minute. Sure optimization is still bad and RAR might be a slideshow even with the minimum number of participants and sometimes the game hiccups when the boat launches, but overall the game has gotten much more playable.
    jeddyhi
    jeddyhi said:

But the game play itself is trash
    Even people who hate Vindictus with a burning passion agree that the gameplay is its one redeeming quality.

Your issues with graphics lag could come from upgrading hardware. A multicore CPU could perform worse if one of its cores has less power than a single-core CPU.

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Not really deteriorated over time. Just more linear as you progress to end game to deal the highest amount of dps possible. Combat system is great overall, and you can come up with creative combos depending on your character. It's literally one of the greatest aspects of this game with having awesome combat rather than just being another tab targeting 1-9 quick bar system where you can just use your keyboard just to kill mobs.

There are times where the server becomes unplayable because of over hyped events overloading the server, even where the server may experience abysmal lag and can screw with player data with running raids. I remember where some runs glitch in s2 where you can do multiple raid runs over and over because the game fails to detect a victory due to said lag I mentioned.

Right now, the only lag you can experience is when you do the royal raid since one of the official dedicated servers is complete and utter garbage. Many of the issues in the past are subsequently fixed which is what gives the redeeming factor for longevity of the game. That's if the game is properly maintained though.
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730
    Yeah, this game has many, well documented problems. Gameplay is, however, one of its strong suits. The only reason i still play this game is because the game mechanics and controls are so much fun. i feel your pain. I use to have that problem. Luckily, was able to upgrade my desktop last year so that mostly went away.
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    deteriorated as in combat is bad or frame drops? combat is good as usual. frame rate has been bad as usual. +pain
  • AbyssofthorAbyssofthor
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    I been playing the game since there where only 3 characters. Believe it or not on the same PC. For the entire time I have been playing had no issues with vindictus other then server lag, server delay issues and other weird things that only happen in this game. image I have also been playing another game with same PC since the same time I start it vindictus. its called world of tanks both games worked find on my PC but as time went on both games started adding more content and graphical upgrades. Also i had improve my PC getting a better GPU and such and both games where fps wise stable. image Been playing both of these games at max setting by they way.

But about 2 years ago vindictus its self start to lag behind fps wise while world of tanks kept on working as intended they even started adding HD graphics to it. Ever since then game deteriorated in my opinion. image Sure my PC is old but I have been able to run all the games I have played those far without any issues but vindictus is just weird. Bit by bit the game has become unplayable for me. Sure I can try learn how play the game Without the UI and play it in those fugly low settings but I am not going too and don't have to be forced to this.

The only good thing about this game is the battle mechanics unfortunately even that is impossible to enjoy now. Because of the massive lag spikes you get in the game. if it was low fps stable lag that would be playable I deal with it some how. But when you are doing 60 fps and go down 35 fps and the go up 55 fps and the go 15 fps that is revoltingly annoying. image This is me playing SOLO and it's not my ISP either so don't go there I have 8ms ping 90 mbps D and 12 mbps U. I want play this and really enjoy it when its working as intended and I love the female classes in this game image So unless they fix whatever issue or optimize this game I wont be able do much at all. image

I know world of tanks and vindictus are 2 different games but I play other games find in this PC without any issues. Getting a New PC to brute force my way through vindictus for lack optimization in my opinion is dumb. Anyways I am hoping something is done about this but I am not going to get my hopes up and this is end of my rant thank you for the people that read this. image