[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

This forums search...

ikeviikevi
Vindictus Rep: 3,670
in Off Topic Discussion
Is there any way to search just subjects or searching sub forums, etc?

I am sick of say trying to figure out the right price for a mysterious shard and getting 20 pages of junk. (Not that many people are even using the forums marketplace anymore ;-(

Comments

• ikeviikevi
    And why did this get moved from general to off topic? How is talking about searching the forum for game related info off topic?

You can argue these post makes the thread off topic now, but in essence you made it so ~80% of the forum visitors wont even see this.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Megaphones are usually the go to form of communication considering that most of the player base is too lazy to check the forum market.

As for the mysterious shard, if you're on west, they usually run from 100-120M each piece.

Reason why some topics get moved to off topic is the way the question is stated and asked. Wording can determine whether or not it gets moved. Additionally, you have peeps that complain for little or no proclamation just to get the attention of the devs where it results in it getting moved, or let alone do troll reports that ends up screwing over the user when it could be an important topic to discuss. 99.99999% of the time you won't be hearing from the forum moderator as to why it was moved to a different sector of the forums.

Forums these days are just a joke. Most of the player base that plays the game DOES NOT even check the forums.

There's a search bar on the forums that filters out to the topics you want. Really useful tool if used in the right hands.

It's one of the reasons why I don't like the new forums, other than NOT being able to use your own picture that fits your personality.
  • ikeviikevi
    Oh I know megas are the only way to go. (And yeah I know that the mod that moved this likely wont respond... I just can't follow the logic in this thread move.)

I don't know if people are actually buying the shards at 100. I managed to pick one up for 40, but from what I see any posted near the 100 just sit. (And almost all folks I check are at 0 for the att uncap so I really doubt they are selling for 100.) I am sure there are some folks with crazy gold that have all the ones they need, but by now I think 40 mil is steep even 4.8bil is out of most peoples funding (ie 40m a piece).

So where is this topic search bar you are talking about? (Or are you talking about other forums?)

The one I have is the normal search that stinks. (I at least need something like an advanced search from the old forum.)

IE try searching for "mysterious shard" and you tell me if anyone has sold one here...

• AquasolAquasol
    Vindictus Rep: 2,650
    Discussion/inquiries regarding the forums are generally moved to Off-Topic, just as it was on the previous forums.
    You can also, as a note, contribute to the Suggestions and Feedback subforum.
  • ikeviikevi
    Thanks for the info. Looking at the old forum I do see that ~60% of the threads we put into off-topic. Guess it says a lot that someone who had >2k posts didn't know that since I never went into off topic.

Anyways I gather you don't know how to make this forum's search function useful. Maybe I have to figure out a way to just incorporate a different search engine. (I guess to do that nexon might have to change how they let google's bots index this site.)

Given the fact that this forum has such low activity, the last thing I want to do is make threads in even less visited sub-forums. Maybe it will help one of you see that 1 person is complaining, but I figure any real change needs the general population asking for it.