[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Fiona Secretly OP?

Comments

• Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited December 13, 2016
    Help, how can't you expect a 2nd smash to deal more damage than the 4th smash ? You are right the jump is flashy and useless.
    Why would anyone waste their time with a smash that takes more time yet does less damage? Most characters have a 4th smash that is slow but does more damage than the faster smashes. When faster smashes do more damage, you have a balance problem. I mean, if you make the jump slash take super long, at least make it do massive damage to compensate for the slow speed. But they didnt so its useless. There appears to be no reason at all to use the second smash.
    Just no comment ...
    Amaranth kick is very slow and does not hit anywhere near as hard for it's speed. Pretty much every character has smashes that can easily outdps amaranth kick by itself. Keep in mind that amaranth kick was balanced for the old beta days where there were 2 characters total. Off the top of my head, amaranth kick's damage multiplier is about 0.5, sword vella's 2nd smash hits for about 0.4 in total I think, except that it's much faster. Bow Kai's longbow takes about as long to charge up without fixed shot, yet hits much harder with the headshot/weakpoint bonus.
    Not really, what if you are in the middle of doing an amaranth or spinning ?
    Yes, which is why i said niche situations. The number of situations where you are better off guarding to spam CA is much higher. If you are transiting from 1st normal to 2nd normal, 2nd normal to 3rd normal, etc, etc.
    Shield bash has invu and lets you go almost straight into amaranth kick at a low sp cost. Also Shield bash is pretty good to avoid being eaten by lakiora or getting grabbed by Yohaad, just saying.
    I was specifically referring to using shield bash for damage/KD, and the fact that the two additional attacks (the kicks) are pretty much useless. Now, if the two additional attacks gave you i-frames, then it might be worth using them, but its always better to chain amaranth kick after or not chain it in order to avoid an incoming attack.
    It really comes down to your att speed. Also counters damage is pretty significant and why would you like it to auto aim ? The first counter goes in the direction of the damage source just aim the second one. The ability to aim counters gives more depth to fiona's gameplay against some bosses just like in this situation
    Counter attack damage is easily lower than crosscut especially when you factor in the inability to use CA when bosses spam fast multi hit combos. If you prefer CA to be harder to use because it doesn't auto aim, that's your preference, but there is no denying that the skill would greatly benefit from autoaim like crosscut does. I have already given an example of a boss that can easily dodge CAs (Excavator Gianoo). On large bosses like Havan, its obviously not an issue, on smaller bosses, the first CA often pushes you PAST the boss which can easily cause the second CA to miss.

It's like how neewer 1000 sp disable skills tend to be much better than the older ones. Meteor storm is basically incapable of missing (unless the boss becomes invulnerable) since it has a massive AOE and auto-locks onto the boss. Reverse gravity is well known for being easy to miss because of hitbox issues. Sure, you can say that RG requires more skill or is more "sastifying" to use but mechanically, one is superior to the other.

CA's sole advantage over crosscut is the higher KD which is largely irrelevant in end game content. Most people prize damage over KD for a reason...just look at how many people use KD skill awakening stones on their main damage skills vs damage stones.
    Having i-frames on amaranth sounds crazy to me. Why not just deflect that said backswing and get that sweet 50% damage bonus or even pull off 2x amaranth ?
    Yes, you can use shield deflection instead, but that's not the point. The point is you can't pull off the amaranth kick in many situations, which you need to do in order to match or exceed crosscut's damage. On paper, 2x CA -> amaranth kick does great DPS, but if you cant pull that off most of the time because you are very vulnerable during it, you are not actually doing that DPS.
    This skill gives you +20% speed for 20 sec as well as giving you infinite stamina and you call it terribly inneficient ??? I would love to know what hammer players think about that
    For 750 SP, yes it is terribly inefficient. Its not a coincidence that newer characters havent gotten slashing high in a long long while, same with the berserker spirit that most players refuse to use. If you want know what a top tier buff is, look at insane reaper which gives you +10% attack speed, +10 stamina/s AND +5 stamina/s to the rest of the party, for 500 sp, for 60 seconds. That is triple the duration of slashing high and buffs the whole party to boot. Armed and dangerous is another example of a good buff. That 20 second dissapears extremely quickly when a dragon decides to fly off or a boss decides to use an unblockable that prevents you from attacking (Callidus's move that targets you if you move for example). Longsword at least, isn't stamina intensive at all. Not flinching when the boss hits you is also great if you are transrushing something in the old days, it's not so great when bosses use a multi hit combo where every single hit does damage to you because you are flinching.

My main issues with Fiona is how slow she is for how weak her smashes are. If you are not spamming CAs -> amaranth kick or focal points, your DPS is extremely low. I played the original version of Fiona back in the beta days which was famous for being horrible at clearing mobs until you got petal toss to r9, and while its improved a bit, it still lags far behind every newer character and most of the older ones. Just take a stopwatch, or record a video, and time how long it takes for a 0 speed fiona to do a petal toss + additional attack and compare it to, say, Delia. I've played most of the characters to at least level 80 and Fiona is either the slowest or second slowest for killing trash mobs.

Her DPS can be extremely high in the right situations (such as vs Muspell's fist form), and i've outdpsed other characters with the same event gear, but it's quite situational, more so than sword vella. Running s3 maps with Fiona was extremely annoying because of how slow she is at clearing trash mobs. With 20k attack, her 3rd smash with two additional hits fails to kill regular wood elves most of the time, let alone the high hp wood elf braves. That is really sad.

You have probably played FIona for a long time and are probably attached to the character, but you can't deny that the character has many problems like the other older characters.
  • inlovewithbaguetteinlovewithbaguette
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    edited December 13, 2016
    Question2
    Question2 said:

aids
    You are a prime example of everything that's wrong with NA. Totally delusional and impossible to reason with even when proven wrong.
    No person without mental damage thinks to them self "hey I just leveled this alternate character to 84, let's go on forum and make a long post on what's wrong with this character".

I've seen guides made by players being level 82, I've seen people say Fiona was nerfed after her huge buffs this past spring, I've seen people saying she's only CA spam, etc. I thought I've seen it all, but no matter how ready I am coming here to see some come out with "Last revamp killed Focal point spam" these forum never cease to amaze me.

And the only reason cancer like you is spreading around is because no one can call you out on your bullshit, oh no that goes against FUD! We better not offend our special snowflake while he spreads misinformation! "There's no wrong opinion!"
    And to think potential new players come here and read this. Absolutely disgusting.

"Off the top of my head, amaranth kick's damage multiplier is about 0.5, sword vella's 2nd smash hits for about 0.4 in total I think"
    I'll only answer this, because apparently your head is your a s s , the only reasonable explanation for where stuff your write comes from.
    Amaranth's base multiplier is 0.34 or 0.97 if you count in skill rank multiplier. You don't know what you're say and none if it makes sense.

If you're having problem clearing mobs with Fiona then that's on you. If you're using a low damage smash without even ranking it up you can't expect to one shot everything. Every single character has useless smashes. With event gear you can easily get 30 speed and clear all vindictus content solo. The character itself isn't too slow, your brain is.

You've been told you're playing wrong and proven or given a solution, yet like a typical NA player you completely disregard that and go right back to repeating exact same thing. It's not everyone else's fault you can't play, you just suck.
    Look up videos on youtube for how to play.

And let me say it again; leveling a new character for event does not make you qualified to draw any conclusions and write a completely absurd posts like that.
    Everything you said is wrong and most of the points you make are in reality complete opposite.
    KradnessTawxxSalvalouNessaEsperBreadmanSifTheWolf
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    Mira op, nerf gravity please.
  • MiracleMiracle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,580
    Atherion
    Atherion said:

Go away, nobody likes you here. Karok player!!!!
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    Miracle
    Miracle said:

Atherion
    Atherion said:

I made my 2nd main a Fiona, am I cool now?
  • KradnessKradness
    Vindictus Rep: 950

Can i vote you for president?
  • MiracleMiracle
    Atherion
    Atherion said:

Miracle
    Miracle said:

Atherion
    Atherion said:

You can't have more than one main wow.
  • FuzetsuFuzetsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    Miracle
    Miracle said:

Atherion
    Atherion said:

Miracle
    Miracle said:

Atherion
    Atherion said:

Wtf how you put your character as avatar
  • MiracleMiracle
    Fuzetsu
    Fuzetsu said:

Miracle
    Miracle said:

Atherion
    Atherion said:

Miracle
    Miracle said:

Atherion
    Atherion said:

Wtf how you put your character as avatar
    I won the forum avatar contest so nexon made my character an official forum avatar.
    MY FIO IS NOW ETERNAL
  • MistyBerryMistyBerry
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    Can someone post screenshots of the damage comparison between Active: Focal Point and Dash FPs?
  • TheMoofTheMoof
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    edited December 15, 2016
    MistyBerry

damage comparison between Active: Focal Point and Dash FP
    I've never really noticed a huge difference in damage (maybe 2k), but the biggest difference is that active focal point has 3 hits and dash focal point only has 2. The first hit (not in the dash version) is usually good for about 4k for me without a crit.
  • MistyBerryMistyBerry
    I see I see. Lately, I've been trying to optimize my gameplay on her and I noticed that I tend to do a lot more focal points and deflects than CA+Amara. Along with cases where I have to resort to Lx4R

Also in Fuzetsu's post, part b with medium SP, I believe there is an optimum combo from the three moves due to animation canceling.

Kick Focal -> Dash Focal -> Bash combo -> repeat

• TheMoofTheMoof
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    MistyBerry

Instead of Dash Focal, use the Active Focal for your second attack. Since you're hugging the boss from the kick-dash focal, all 3 should hit giving you a bit more damage.
  • MistyBerryMistyBerry
    TheMoof
    TheMoof said:

MistyBerry

Instead of Dash Focal, use the Active Focal for your second attack. Since you're hugging the boss from the kick-dash focal, all 3 should hit giving you a bit more damage.
    I was citing part b where Fuzetsu was stating medium SP levels.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    And just to clear it up, Question2 is AUS all the way, so don't associate him/her with NA please.
  • KradnessKradness
    Vindictus Rep: 950
    Prototypemind

And just to clear it up, Question2 is AUS all the way, so don't associate him/her with NA please.

EVEN THOUGH he is playing on the AUS server... WE DONT WANT HIM/HER EITHER SOMEONE TAKE HIM