[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Black Friday Outfitter Sets/Elch Wings Petition

DelterosDelteros
Vindictus Rep: 2,855
edited December 3, 2016 in Suggestions and Feedback
Now that the Deluxe Black Friday Lucky Box sales have ended, hopefully this issue can be addressed - the problem being that the following items are only tradable to other characters on the same account:
  • Special Trivene Witch Set
  • Special Tieve Set
  • Special Captain Keaghan Set
  • Special Great Adventurer Set (Male)
  • Special Demon Hunter Set (Female)
  • Smooth Summer Set (Male)
  • Summer Sunflower Set (Female)
  • Special Stadium Set
  • Special Field Set
  • Sealed Black Elchulus Wing
Many players are stuck with unusable outfitter sets of the opposite gender, duplicate outfitter sets (or even multiple Elchulus Wings), and of course undesirable outfitter sets/elchulus wings that would be better off in the hands of someone who actually wanted it.
A possible solution to this problem is to remove the account-tradable only restriction on all the sets and Elchulus wings and allow it to be traded through the marketplace (just like the Orchid Fauna outfitter sets).

One of the main problems with the Black Friday sale in the first place was that there wasn't an exchange shop to allow people to trade coupons for the outfitter set or wings that they wanted. I have no idea why these boxes are giving out Vindicator's coupons (there should've been Black Friday coupons and a separate exchange shop instead).

A promise was already made long ago that these changes would've been implemented during the next time around:
QueenOfMana

We were told during their original releases that they would be tradeable/could be placed on Marketplace later down the line. Makes no sense to have Iset and Keaghan tradeable, but not the other outfitters in the box. -@QueenOfMana
Regarding the Sealed Black Elchulus Wings, that should definitely have been changed especially since the Sealed Butterfly Wings which was released recently a few months ago were freely tradable to other players, not just characters on the same account. They are the same type of item, with the same designation (Sealed), yet their trade restrictions are completely different.

It only seems logical to update the older Sealed Black Elchulus Wings to have the same trade restrictions as the newer Sealed Butterfly Wings if you are going to re-release it (not just for consistency but to prevent confusion if there are going to be more sealed wings packages released in the future).

There are still quite a few people who haven't actually opened up the sealed Elchulus Wings package, the unusable gender-locked outfitter packages, or the duplicate outfitter sets they are stuck with so changes would still be welcome even if its late.

We have a community stream coming up in 3 weeks or so where this issue could be addressed, but a forum response from Nexon beforehand would be a good idea. If these changes are welcome, then it would work out pretty well since the next update is likely coming at the end of this month or the beginning of the next month and it could simply be bundled with it.

Feel free to leave your comments/thoughts here below, or just answer the poll with a yes or no.
Zens0x40BlawrghSuniOKAMlXinkaiMillaMaxwellTawxxShizukaaLuneara
  1. Should the trade restrictions be updated on the Black Friday outfitter sets and Elchulus wings?43 votes
    1. Yes
       93% (40 votes)
    2. No
       7% (3 votes)

Comments

• DelterosDelteros
    edited November 27, 2016
    This is regarding the Sealed Black Elchulus Wings package in the Deluxe Black Friday Lucky Boxes.
    The trade restrictions for the item should logically have been updated with its second release (to make it tradable to other players on the server rather than just characters on the same account) but it seems to have been unintentionally overlooked.

Why does it need an update?
    Well, the Sealed Butterfly Wings which was released recently a few months ago were freely tradable to other players, not just characters on the same account.

It only seems logical to update the older Sealed Black Elchulus Wings to have the same trade restrictions as the newer Sealed Butterfly Wings if you are going to re-release it (not just for consistency but to prevent confusion if there are going to be more sealed wings packages released in the future).

Although If there was a good reason for it being kept this way, I would like to hear it
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    +1, i need dem wings so my life is complete ;; v ;;

...for now....

... before the succy pets gacha comes.
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    Moved this to the correct section.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    ^But has not actually been addressed by nexon... o.O
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited November 29, 2016
    +1

Also make the other outfitters in the Deluxe Black Friday Lucky Box tradeable with other players. We were told during their original releases that they would be tradeable/could be placed on Marketplace later down the line. Makes no sense to have Iset and Keaghan tradeable, but not the other outfitters in the box.
  • SynysterinoSynysterino
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    QueenOfMana

+1

Also make the other outfitters in the Deluxe Black Friday Lucky Box tradeable with other players. We were told during their original releases that they would be tradeable/could be placed on Marketplace later down the line. Makes no sense to have Iset and Keaghan tradeable, but not the other outfitters in the box.
    +1

From a fellow EU player, I hope nexon does something. We are trying the same there. Maybe if we create enough "ruckus", they will think twice about it.

• ChaeldarChaeldar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,465
    It's a shame when you get boxes worth 5k NX each and you can still get something that you can't sell or do anything with. Elchulus Wings should have been tradeable from the start, as should have all the outfitters until now.
    It makes zero sense going backwards from a system like Bunnypons who brought so many airtight items, giving those who bought them with their own money the opportunity to turn items they didn't want or didn't need (like a female set on a male) into gold, which they could then use in items more useful to them, into this excuse of a "sale" called Black Friday boxes.

If you can't do anything about it now, you should at least have the decency to let people exchange outfitters of the same category (summer, hunter, stadium) into the other gender if they wish to do so, since nowhere was it stated that you could get a female set on a male character and vice-versa. To add to that, consider not ever releasing an event with untradeable sets again if you value your playerbase and want to keep the game running for a while longer, it only makes your players and customers angrier and more frustrated at how you manage the game.
    Delteros
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    Chaeldar
    Chaeldar said:

If you can't do anything about it now, you should at least have the decency to let people exchange outfitters of the same category (summer, hunter, stadium) into the other gender if they wish to do so, since nowhere was it stated that you could get a female set on a male character and vice-versa. To add to that, consider not ever releasing an event with untradeable sets again if you value your playerbase and want to keep the game running for a while longer, it only makes your players and customers angrier and more frustrated at how you manage the game.
    Send a ticket, NA's GMs are really nice about things like that and there is no harm in trying. Though I don't see why they have to specifically state that you can get a female set on a male character and visa versa, usually they have to state it if its the opposite, since that means that players can miss out on a certain reward and there is probably less of a chance to get a good reward in cases like that.

QueenOfMana
  • DelterosDelteros
    edited December 1, 2016
    Ah well hopefully we can get a reply from @Saygo or @Ehgess soon

Even after the sale is over, people will be stuck with outfitter sets of the opposite gender or the elch wings which some people do not want but received anyways
  • ChaeldarChaeldar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,465
    edited December 1, 2016
    Dealer
    Dealer said:

Chaeldar
    Chaeldar said:

Send a ticket, NA's GMs are really nice about things like that and there is no harm in trying. Though I don't see why they have to specifically state that you can get a female set on a male character and visa versa, usually they have to state it if its the opposite, since that means that players can miss out on a certain reward and there is probably less of a chance to get a good reward in cases like that.

Considering that "couple" sets always gave the set respective to the gender in which the box was opened, it would be normal to assume that if you are playing a female character, you would get a female set. If they are to randomly change the rules then it would nice and fair to at least specify this when they announced the event.

Luckily this didn't happen to me, although I would like to trade my Demon Hunter set to the male version, so I could use it on my Sylas. However, I know of 3 different people that got a set of the opposite gender and do not play any other characters. Also, given this happened on EU, I am not yet expecting NA GM's to solve our support tickets, although I've heard of situations like these and the person asking for a "gender transformation" for the set got denied, here in your servers.

As a side note, I do agree on you with allowing players to not miss out on content, but that is also better achieved with the airtight system the Bunnypons brought. This way, everyone is happy.
    Delteros
  • KiruaKirua
    Vindictus Rep: 1,330
    Dealer
    Dealer said:

But then what's the point of making a 6% chance boxes worth 5k NX when I can't anyway use what I get? Best thing now would be make the rest of unopen sets/wings tradeable.

ChaeldarDelteros
  • ZensZens
    Vindictus Rep: 10,795
    Yea!! +drunk
  • ArellaRothArellaRoth
    Vindictus Rep: 855
    edited December 3, 2016
    Those outfitters/elch wings weren't supposed to be tradeable in the first place. They even said it on the livestream...The only outfitters they said could be traded were the iset and keaghan outfitters(excluding captain keaghan). It would have been nice to have coupons to exchange for other items like you mentioned though.
  • DelterosDelteros
    edited December 3, 2016
    ArellaRoth

Those outfitters/elch wings weren't supposed to be tradeable in the first place. They even said it on the livestream...The only outfitters they said could be traded were the iset and keaghan outfitters(excluding captain keaghan). It would have been nice to have coupons to exchange for other items like you mentioned though.
    These items were initially released before the concept of "Airtight" items came into existence. If you told me this 2 years ago then I would be okay with it, however right now we need to go forward, not backward -

Airtight items are good because items and outfitter sets that you did not want or have no need for could be sold on the marketplace for gold which can be of better use to the player.

This system is widely popular and it benefits both Nexon and the players, I don't see why it isn't in place for these sets and wings since they are being re-released and a promise was made before to change it in the future.
    VoldaireMillaMaxwell
  • MilioMilio
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    About sending a ticket; you really should. I had gotten 3 Summer female sets on my account; where I only have a male character. I asked about it and manged to get them swapped around. I understand the post about wanting them tradable or exchangeable; and I'd like it that way also. Just stating by experience that you can get help with these things. (Male to female and vice versa)
  • DelterosDelteros
    edited December 3, 2016
    Milio
    Milio said:

About sending a ticket; you really should. I had gotten 3 Summer female sets on my account; where I only have a male character. I asked about it and manged to get them swapped around. I understand the post about wanting them tradable or exchangeable; and I'd like it that way also. Just stating by experience that you can get help with these things. (Male to female and vice versa)
    Did you get 3 Summer male sets back? There's still the problem of duplicate sets - not everyone has multiple characters or would like the set on all of those characters, it would be better off in the hands of someone who doesn't have it at all

I have an extra Stadium Set & Field Set, but also an unusable Special Trivene Witch Set (which doesn't have a male counterpart like the summer set). What could be done with that item?

It would be nice if there was a system to exchange the rares for other rares but the simple thing would to make everything tradable on mp and sellable for gold.
  • MilioMilio
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    @Delteros I had gotten the male Summer set, the Stadium set and a Keaghan (Gift) set; in exchange for my 3 summer female sets.
    AnthonytonyboyDelteros
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    I can tell ya one thing: going backwards at this point is just going to hurt them. There are players who will spend and spend if they can get sought-after sets to sell for gold, so Nexon's just losing money by not making that the case.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    I do not even know if NxNA can decide the trading rules. It is the Korean Devs that decide these trading rules and not necessarily the NxNA Staff. For the trading rules on these sets to be changed, it would most likely have to go through the Korean Devs. It is rather unfortunate.
  • DelterosDelteros
    QueenOfMana

I do not even know if NxNA can decide the trading rules. It is the Korean Devs that decide these trading rules and not necessarily the NxNA Staff. For the trading rules on these sets to be changed, it would most likely have to go through the Korean Devs. It is rather unfortunate.
    There should be about 3 weeks to a month of time for them to implement any changes if they wish to do so (that is if the next community stream is held a month after the last one), seems like more than enough time for changes to be made.