[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Is Bunker Buster bugged?

ZiharkZihark
Vindictus Rep: 200
edited November 29, 2016 in Kai
A lot of the time when I use it, the skill cancels after 2 seconds into the animation and I get a quick message about requirements not being met.

Comments

• NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    It does have a strange hitbox on it that whiffs if you're standing too close.

In case you're new to using lockdown skills, there are times when you cannot use them on bosses, and that is what the message refers to. Examples would be attacks where the boss has super armor, like Havan's pillar swinging attack, or phases of the battle where flinch and lockdown mechanics are disabled, like Ancient Glas when he has his shields up. One of the most common times to see failed lockdowns is when the next move Lakoria has queued up is burrowing, as his super armor starts before he dives.
  • ZiharkZihark
    Hmm thanks. It might be the distance. I'm always fine on Lann and Karok :P
  • CalvindicatorCalvindicator
    Vindictus Rep: 830
    The cast time is quite a bit longer for Bunker Buster compared to other Ultimates, so it's pretty easy for the boss to slip out at the last second. Generally speaking though, it has a much farther range than other characters.
  • ZiharkZihark
    Okay thanks I've been using it point blank so that's probably why
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    It's more of mid range, and if you get the boss at a weird angle (like eochaid's hind legs), it won't work as the conditions are not met according to the game. Refer to the end of my eochaid solo as one example of how it can be failed.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MsZdQqv_rOQ

Overall, it can also double as a brief invulnerability when you have something that is about to instantly kill you in the process, such as muir's red slam attack that envelops the entire battlefield.

I barely use B Buster because the damage output is usually not worth when a cycle of bolt storm spams vastly yields a higher output.