[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Future Plans to Optimize this Game?

Cats869Cats869
Vindictus Rep: 900
edited April 18, 2021 in Suggestions and Feedback
Hello,

I am wondering if there is any plans or possibility of plans where this game might see some future optimization improvements where the game would be able to take advantage of the processing power on newer CPUs.

I was trying out the game with the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (and have a NVidia GTX 1080) and I realized that in some cases, I would have my FPS drop from 60 down to as low as mid 30s (mid 20s when all characters fully load and show on my screen). Usually this happens when more and more player characters would show up in my screen such as around 20 people (if I was on channel 1 at the dock area or at the hot springs with lots of people around). I looked in past posts and see that many people were complaining how this game focuses more on single core performance rather than multicore performance and usually Intel CPUs were known for that in the past. Maybe this game is more optimized for Intel. I know I could lower my settings to have more stable FPS but it got me thinking. The AMD CPUs finally beat Intel in single core performance and I'm using a fairly new CPU released only months ago but I still lag in a game that is 10 years old in some cases. I also know that this game uses the source engine from almost 10 years ago.

I wonder at what point will there be a CPU that can handle this game without any FPS drops (consistently staying at 60) with lots of characters on screen, maybe a CPU from 2030s? Just kidding... but I am wondering if the developers have any plans to try to optimize this game. I think all players here would welcome such plans.
  1. Should the game be optimized to run better with more modern CPUs and Graphics cards?4 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (4 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• Cats869Cats869
    Bumping this just so people can see this. I'm hoping the Nexon staff also see this and give their thoughts. Thanks.
  • Cats869Cats869
    Bumping this again. I think it's definitely worth looking into since it should benefit all players and is welcomed by all.
  • DarqLordDarqLord
    Vindictus Rep: 960
    I voted as yes too, hope Nexon make it happen :)