[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Neamhain Comrade's thrust causing massive FPS drop

IcygoddessIcygoddess
Vindictus Rep: 1,410
edited March 27, 2020 in Tech Support
Ever since the mentioned update above, game's been running quite badly during raids. I run Agares, Brilliant Lugh, Selren, Marject and Aodhan.

Before the update, I would stay at 60fps no problem, with a few exceptions like Marject's fire sprint or Agares's pillar phase.
Now, every minute, and at worst, every few seconds, the game drops its FPS significantly, down to a number that varies for each raid:

Agares: 30fps (20fps if during the pillar phase)
Brilliant Lugh: 30fps
Selren: 45fps (The least noticeable for me)
Marject: 30fps (20fps if it does its fire sprint)
Aodhan: 45fps

And from what I experienced, it also messes with the controls, either delaying or ignoring them.

P.S. Dragging the Hero Pass window does drop my FPS from 60 to 30 in an empty channel in town.

Edit :
Neamhain's thrust causes the FPS to drop... The visual effect is way too much all of a sudden -.-

Comments

• IcygoddessIcygoddess
    Update: Found the culprit.

After several hours of deeper searches as what can make Neamhain's visuals so unoptimized, I had to go inside the config_material.txt file in the game installation folders (Nexon\Library\vindictus\appdata\en-US\bin).

In here, I saw a video setting that wasn't shown in the game's advanced video settings interface and was turned ON (Value for ON is 1). This setting is called "r_drawdecals". Turned it off (Set value to 0) right away, just for luck.

And whaddaya know, Neamhain doesn't drop my FPS anymore! :)

Sooooooo I don't know why there's such a setting that's draining my FPS, nor why it's not even shown in-game. Been neglecting my Neamhain comrade in certain raids for months because of this, including Ragnahim.

• NædrinNædrin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,190
    edited November 21, 2020
    RULWEDs.png
  • NædrinNædrin
    edited November 21, 2020
    RULWEDs.png
  • NædrinNædrin
    all that technical stuff aside, you just said that neam thrusting causes your pc to get flustered? i mean... can you really blame it?
  • IcygoddessIcygoddess
    edited November 25, 2020
    Nædrin wrote: »
    all that technical stuff aside, you just said that neam thrusting causes your pc to get flustered? i mean... can you really blame it?

I was blaming it at the start, because I didn't know that "r_drawdecals" appeared in the file, and the major fps drops were from Neamhain comrade's visual effects while attacking, aka the one where you see Neamhain and her decals during a move.

But to include other frame drops I had, there was Marject (Fire, poison cloud, water floor), Agares (Pillar phases, rocks dropping and ground AOEs), a bit of Lugh (All those light effects and tathlum phases), and the latest raid, Ragnahim (Thunderbolts everywhere, loves AOEs).

So I mostly blamed Neamhain because she:
    -Isn't bound to any battle, as a comrade;
    -Caused the biggest FPS drops, and would occur often;
    -Was the only comrade causing the FPS drops.

But now that I turned that "r_drawdecals" off, I don't get FPS drops anymore, and I still didn't get any. Raids are 60fps all the time now, including the ones mentioned above.

So you didn't get FPS drops? Good for you.
    Did you get FPS drops? You have a solution above that might help. It did work for me.

Hardware's out of the question in my case, and it's annoying to have to see what's been changed in the game files to track down how come a problem, like this one, happens out of the blue.
  • NædrinNædrin
    ....i was making an innuendo
  • IcygoddessIcygoddess
    k
  • NædrinNædrin
    alright. i'll take it you're not a fan of those. duly noted.