[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Remove automatic aim

JacksawJacksaw
Vindictus Rep: 775
edited August 30, 2020 in Suggestions and Feedback
ERREnNaUEAIF_XN.jpg

Today I want to be flamed by people, so come at me, brothers! :D

You all well-know that if you light or smash attack without pressing any WASD keys your character automatically turns to the closest enemy (most of the times) even without it being in the camera...
So it can happen that, while targeting a certain mob in front of me, my character decides to turn back instead and attack the enemy behind me!

I must admit: this feature is really handful most of the times and it really helps to drastically ease the burden of aiming correctly...

HOWEVER...
200px-Strange_Traveler_%28NPC%29.png?version=422ac1bc9cfdb78b8d1554f991c54a85

I would REALLY like this feature to be TURNED OFF so that only TRUE SKILLED PLAYERS would be rewarded!

So... what do you think guys?

Can you feel the rage coming...?

Well, come at me, bro!
  1. What's your choice?4 votes
    1. Harder? funnier!
       25% (1 vote)
    2. Harder? nonono!
       75% (3 votes)

Comments

• RhilinRhilin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,070
    unknown.png

'Auto-lock on bosses'

Remove the tick.
  • JacksawJacksaw
    This would unbalance the DPS output of those who use it and those who don't, I'm talking about removing it for everybody, regardless of the option!
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    edited August 31, 2020
    Horrible idea .
    Jacksaw
  • FangerZeroFangerZero
    Vindictus Rep: 1,120
    edited September 2, 2020
    I will flame you since you asked friend.
    Dear jacksaw you must be a really bad mouse and keyboard user for asking for this, as without auto-lock bosses are extremely difficult to hit when not using a mouse like an FPS shooter.

But tbh auto-aim currently is messed up, I've been playing on alts for a few days, and noticed this week now that I'm back on main that auto-aim is messed up. I'll be right next to the boss and if I'm facing away from the boss I won't attack him unless he is in the path of my swing, else I'll just attack in the direction the character is facing. I'm hitting the boss probably 50% of the time? I'm trying to fix my camera while selecting the direction at which to block and attack, but as you select the direction to attack it has to change w/ the camera view at the same time because it's does not move fast enough. And using "Align View" doesn't work very well since it aligns to face what the character is facing.
    Jacksaw
  • JacksawJacksaw
    edited September 2, 2020
    FangerZero wrote: »
    I will flame you since you asked friend.
    Dear jacksaw you must be a really bad mouse and keyboard user for asking for this, as without auto-lock bosses are extremely difficult to hit when not using a mouse like an FPS shooter.

Thank you my friend :')

Anyway, I see that this request is pretty unpopular... GOOD.
    It means that there are some chances that it's actually going to be implemented, nice! (joking ofc)

being serious now:
    I don't want to cause any drama, nor offend anyone;
    I'm not a troll neither, it's just that I feel a little "guilty" to simply smash the left and right buttons of my mouse .
    Of course there are times where simply smashing is not enough and so I have to "aim" to the desired target,

and that's where this feature even gets in my way!

Maybe I'm willing to attack a certain mob, but it often happens that my character decides to go the opposite way because I forgot to press the "W" (forward) key and this really bothers me.

I know, I know, I have to practice and remember to use the forward key, but meh... >.<