[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Noob looking for Guidance

XpditeXpdite
Vindictus Rep: 410
in General Discussion
Hi Everyone
I am sure this gets asked a lot but I am having trouble finding what I am looking for. As a new player to Vindictus I have been following the story progression maps. I am thinking I am missing out on a lot as when I try to go and do dailies I cannot go to a lot of the maps marked with "Today" or "Story" tags. Most of these are lower level dungeons. (I assume these are dungeons?) . I get messages like you have not completed the prerequisites. I am feeling a little lost. Any suggestion on how I can get myself back on track? I cued for the Royal Army but it seems like there was no one there?
Thanks in Advance

Comments

• BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    welcome to vindi! :)
    press "M" to see your stories, then click "view hidden story" at the bottom... this will show you your side quests. if you do those, you will unlock all the battles.

you could just do the prerequisite battles, but if you are going to run them anyway, may as well get credit for the side quests.
  • XpditeXpdite
    Thanks so much for that. I really appreciate the guidance. For some reason I seem to be struggling to get a handle on Vindictus.
    I assume that when I look at the map "G" that shows me everything and does not mark those that are complete? I Noticed some are in red. I assume that is because my level is two low.

• NædrinNædrin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,190
    yes, when a battle is red it means that for whatever reason you can't do it.

and if it seemed like there was no one in rar, it's probably because there wasn't. rar is uhh... (for lack of better word) server-based; no single player hosts it. so you just have to wait for people to join. there's rar trains going seemingly all day... so just hope you catch the train or wait for the next stop.
  • XpditeXpdite
    Good to know, I am learning slowly.
    I am actually quite enjoying myself.
    BabyDani
  • NædrinNædrin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,190
    well that's good to hear, i suppose.