[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

When was the last time we had a Real PVP Event?

GoatanksGoatanks
Vindictus Rep: 1,060
edited May 30, 2018 in PVP Discussion
If Vindictus wants to compete with other successful free to play video games like Fortnite, Monster Hunter, League of Legends, or Warframe, then it needs to have something that appeals to the new generation of gamers. We can't just copy other games and create modes like 5v5 on League or battle royale from Fortnite. We need something that does not exist anywhere else in the market.

What we have right now is an embarrassment compared to the rest of PvP Games. Vindictus PvP lacks purpose as well as the true essence of competition. No more seals; No more artifacts. Players do not receive any real reward for competing and there is no incentive to even try because they don't rank up, gain status, receive rare items, or even obtain glory for themselves and their guilds.

If Developers and Publishers made a few slight changes to existing elements within the game into new PvP Modes, they can provide more sustainable game-play and more appealing forms of entertainment to the community, while engaging players through multiple Olympic Forms of Competitions - also known as "The Vinolympic Games"

All mini-games like Fishing, Alban Festival Spear Throws, and Malina Fruit Fight Festival can be combined as a Massive Olympic Guild PvP Event. Players would earn points by winning rounds as they compete to see who can catch the most fish, who is the best at aiming spears, and who is the best at smashing fruit.

1v1 PvP Arena, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Relic, and Monster Brawl could also be part of this Olympic Guild Event. During the event period, players would earn points for participating in PvP Matches and earn significantly more points, when they win their matches against other guilds. If balancing has not been worked out, 1 v 1 PvP Arena Matches would be limited to players having to fight others with the same characters (Karok Vs Karok, Hurk Vs Hurk, Etc). In addition, each team cannot have 2 or more of the same characters ( 1.Karok 2. Karok 3. Kai, 4. Fiona 5. Miri, 6. Lynn).

At the end of the event, the Top Ten Guilds with the most points will receive fame and rewards by having their Guild Names displayed on the Vindictus Website and obtain a special boost in guild stats for all their members.

Games like Ragnarök and Lineage had great successes through their Guild PvP Modes, with huge numbers of players fighting in their Guild Wars. It was so much fun to watch all those spells and skills flying across entire maps, and seeing multiple players defeated left and right.

A new direction toward unique Massive Multiplayer Guild PvP Events would drastically take this game to the next level. It would encourage new and veteran players to form or join an active Guild to Level Up and compete against other Guilds for rewards and fame.

Even modes like the Resenlian's Labyrinth can be revamped into a new Massive Multiplayer Guild PvP Game. Developers could turn the Labyrinth into one huge map, where the Top Ten Guilds would fight each other to the death until only one is left standing. Each Guild would send a team that randomly spawns in various locations inside the Labyrinth. They could trigger traps, find helpful items like potions or secondary weapons, or encounter monsters and raid bosses in addition to other players. To survive, Guilds Members will need to work together in order to outlast, outwit, and outplay other teams, as they navigate through this complex maze.

Live Streams of these matches could generate so many views on Youtube or Twitch, especially when these players talk trash or troll the other teams. Massive Guild Competitions such as these would greatly appeal to new gamers, attract more players into Vindictus, and increase retainability in our populations.

Developers and Publishers should not be so quick to abandon certain features like PvP in an MMO, especially when it can attract new players and make them tons of money on Official Tournaments.

testll9902
  1. Can you honestly remember the last time Nexon released an Official PvP Event or Tournament?6 votes
    1. Yeah, we do this all the time =P Where have you been?
       33% (2 votes)
    2. Nope, it's never been done =( PvP has always broken, unbalanced, and unpopular.
       67% (4 votes)

Comments

• DrachusDrachus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    edited June 2, 2018
    Sounds good, doesn't work

-Vindictus won't even compete with games in this genre, let alone HUGE games which you've listed
    -Vindictus is running on an outdated engine which is why it's so poorly optimized, therefore in that sense as well, it's stupid to compare them with the ones you've listed.
    -Massive Guild PvP statement... Read the first and second point which I've made. Arena starts being glitchy with 16 people there.
    -Maybe, but this suggestion isn't of high significance for the game in general.
    -I can kinda agree that mirror matchups would be the most balanced, but still with proper adjustments you could expand that to other classes as well, however in Vindictus that will never happen.
    -About fame... Right now it holds no significance, all of the hardcore PvPers (myself included) have left the game after being pushed away by Nexon. KR doesn't care about PvP and they're terrible at it. So no, no changes to PvP will happen.
    -I don't know about Ragnarok, but I don't know how would you make Vindictus' combat system into a massive PvP without devoting all the possible resources you have in it and still having a 95% chance of failing. Way too much of a risk as a developer, if I was them I wouldn't take it.
    -Explained in the previous statements
    -Explained in the previous statements, sounds good but won't work.
    -They could generate a lot of views on twitch and youtube, yes but the community that was devoted to this mode, as stated, has left the game on EU (idk about NA but it seems to be the same case) and since this is a KR game if they don't want PvP there will be no PvP.
    -Developers should not be quick to abandon features like PvP? The game has been running since 2010. That's 8 and a half years. It's too late. Tournament? Oh that tournament which THEY DON'T BOTHER IMPLEMENTING FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS NOW? Yea, face it, it's not gonna happen.

This is the one and only PvP event I can remember
    testll9902
  • GoatanksGoatanks
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    Yeah I know; these servers are so unstable. There's very little hope and it's actually really sad

lol KR's not good at PvP? Since when? Seems like they always try to dominate a majority of the competitive gaming market if not all of it. LOL and Tekken are just a few examples.

Ya know, Dragon Nest was probably one of their best games. I think they made the right choice by giving it a better home instead of just letting the entire game die. Not sure if the same will happen to Vindictus; we will just have to wait and see.

Sometimes, I just wished that we had a Company or Community Manager that never got offended by Toxic Players, Rude Comments, or Harsh Criticism. You're in the business to produce video games, what did you really expect? Gamers talk crap all the time to each other. Do you really think they're gonna be nice, positive, and professional when they talk to customer service or other members of the company?

Y'all gotta have thick skin around us. I would love to see a Community Manager retaliate and throw insults back at us; that would be freakin hilarious. They would earn a lot of respect because that takes a lot of balls to risk your own job just to talk back and light us up. If they can do that, then it shows that they wouldn't back down or be scared to fight for the players, even when it causes conflicts with the higher ups.

Worst case scenario, sure you lose a job (we've all been there), but at least you would know that you tried to do the right thing. And if the company doesn't see it that way; you're much better off somewhere else where others will appreciate your integrity and talents.

Thanks for your reading my post; I really appreciate your honest feedback.
    testll9902
  • DrachusDrachus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Goatanks wrote: »
    lol KR's not good at PvP? Since when? Seems like they always try to dominate a majority of the competitive gaming market if not all of it. LOL and Tekken are just a few examples.

I meant Vindictus PvP.
    testll9902
  • CuraiHotaruCuraiHotaru
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    edited June 2, 2018
    Goatanks wrote: »
    Yeah I know; these servers are so unstable. There's very little hope and it's actually really sad

Ya know, Dragon Nest was probably one of their best games. I think they made the right choice by giving it a better home instead of just letting the entire game die. Not sure if the same will happen to Vindictus; we will just have to wait and see.

Sometimes, I just wished that we had a Company or Community Manager that never got offended by Toxic Players, Rude Comments, or Harsh Criticism. You're in the business to produce video games, what did you really expect? Gamers talk crap all the time to each other. Do you really think they're gonna be nice, positive, and professional when they talk to customer service or other members of the company?

Y'all gotta have thick skin around us. I would love to see a Community Manager retaliate and throw insults back at us; that would be freakin hilarious. They would earn a lot of respect because that takes a lot of balls to risk your own job just to talk back and light us up. If they can do that, then it shows that they wouldn't back down or be scared to fight for the players, even when it causes conflicts with the higher ups.

Worst case scenario, sure you lose a job (we've all been there), but at least you would know that you tried to do the right thing. And if the company doesn't see it that way; you're much better off somewhere else where others will appreciate your integrity and talents.

Thanks for your reading my post; I really appreciate your honest feedback.

Koreans are good regarding RTS and mobas, but regarding FPS and MMO PvP, they are a joke. Not so long ago, "the best korean csgo team" joined an international tournament, they kept losing so hard, that they got embarassed about their performance, which was like a midtier player going against a grandmaster in
    Starcraft 2. It all depends on what's popular in korea. But they've never been good regarding MMO's or FPS, as they are carebares, like most of vindictus playerbase.

When PvE in vindictus is so easy, the high end PVE players(5000h) join PVP and fight someone who spent more than 5k hours in PvP instead , and loses 10times in a row. They suddenly feel their ego crushed, and decide to call PvP in vindictus broken and unplayable. Sure it's not perfect, but it's far from broken and unplayable specially when the PvP audience put up unspoken rules to make it more enjoyable.

Good dream about the CM being fun, they are such SJWs mate, trust me, I've been PvPing them on forums for quite the while. I can assume it as I won, as they left, and I can say things like d1ck c0cksucker, pieceofshitcuntdickfacewithdiareeha without them feeling violated by words.

What would save the PvP scene and give an insentive to play pvp even when you hate it, and eventually learn it properly. WOULD BE THE MOTHERFUCKNG TOURNAMENT THAT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO RELEASE 2 YEARS AGO, I heard about it and started playing again, then left the game for good when I found out it won't ever come. It even had balanced stats to make it more fair. Such a flop.... Or just make no limit on seals and make artifacts tradeable and enhanceable and get 1-10% better artifact or something, and make it hard as a +15. That would invest people into PVP.

More than 10 people in arena = unbearable lags, if only nexon/devcat had the insentive to upgrade the engine from source, which is made in 2004.... I mean 2004.... cmon... Massive pvp sounds fun sure, but would not work unless the basics of PvP got reworked, such as 5s immunity from cc after first cc, otherwise it would be a massive orgy with everyone staggering 24/7.

All who loved and enjoyed PvP made suggestions since the beggining, but we don't speak korean so fk us, hence why PvP barely exists now, should change arena/FM to tradecity / Bazaar. as that's what its used for nowadays.

p.s. i am pretty intoxicated and on the beach so I am probably talking out of my ass
    Drachustestll9902
  • MokutonMokuton
    Vindictus Rep: 1,700
    edited June 11, 2018

testll9902
  • TwlnTwln
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    Vindictus needs good PvP. It's a great way to grab causal and completive players . If done right ..of course.
    testll9902
  • TwlnTwln
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    Wait comments be approved before posting? Wow this game is worse than I imagined.
    testll9902