[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Game feels dead :(

Comments

• LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    edited July 29, 2019
    As a fellow staffie I feel your pain. With staff its a struggle to make dps unless you are a real beast.

@FlameSama1
    If your struggling with DPS I recommend watching the casting part of this video (starts at 57 seconds and lasts for about a minute):

This one simple trick is the reason that two staff evies do noticeably different damage even with the same gear. The one casting normally is casting at half speed. Note: Other aspects of this guide are likely dated.

If you can't manage the casting trick (or maintain it regularly) don't worry -- In the future they are changing evie's casting to remove the first level of spells. This will narrow the gap between normal casters and speed casters/other characters.

Finally, if you are still struggling with making it over 7% you will just need to focus solely on DPS. Things like boss-lockdowns and feathers/revives while great for team play just take away from your DPS. Just keep throttling the boss. It sucks but thats how they built the reward system (which doesn't value any team play activities).

MochaAddict94
  • cheappariyacheappariya
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    With 0 deaths enough CF and 35k att (2300 add dmg) I coould not get enough dmg in Agares to have drops. I played aggressive lots of fire lots of lightning do used AP skills and still get only 6,2% that was the point when i quit. It really depends on the team if you have some strongre players with this set you have no chance to get drops.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    With 0 deaths enough CF and 35k att (2300 add dmg) I coould not get enough dmg in Agares to have drops. I played aggressive lots of fire lots of lightning do used AP skills and still get only 6,2% that was the point when i quit. It really depends on the team if you have some strongre players with this set you have no chance to get drops.

How much CF did you enter with out of curiosity? The min requirement or were you capping Agares's CF resist?
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    the easiest thing to raise is cf granted that you have any of the equips at all your first priority should be not nerfing yourself intentionally by 30% of your damage by sticking by the qb requirement which imo is too low. The mats to enhance accessory is readily available in donegal/aiden/ben c/berbhe and lv90's raids and are comparatively cheap compared to other upgrade avenues cuz its 0 risk.
  • cheappariyacheappariya
    Cloakshire wrote: »

How much CF did you enter with out of curiosity? The min requirement or were you capping Agares's CF resist?

I cant really tell over 110 for sure. I dont have the game on my pc anymore so I cant check it. As I told how much dmg you have is heavly depends on the team you join. If you have 1 whale and 2 stronger ones no chance for drops. Lets say Salamandry or some from her Caliber is there thats already 60-70% of the boss hp. The remaining players will not have enough time to make dps.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    I cant really tell over 110 for sure. I dont have the game on my pc anymore so I cant check it. As I told how much dmg you have is heavly depends on the team you join. If you have 1 whale and 2 stronger ones no chance for drops. Lets say Salamandry or some from her Caliber is there thats already 60-70% of the boss hp. The remaining players will not have enough time to make dps.

Did you see my post on the previous page where I showed myself in party with Sala?
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    edited July 30, 2019
    Haven't really been reading thread and only skimmed but:
    - Pretty sure sala is from AUS cause he plays w like 1 bar lol. I can also be pretty sure that the other members in that macha party were not min-maxing damage
    - Kai's DPS output is ALOT higher than staff evie
    - I agree, joining parties with multiple whales gives you no chance at drops if they are all super geared AND super skilled - however, this is almost rarely the case.

However, you can:
    - Choose to join weaker parties
    - Upgrade your gear (ADD is literally king)
    - Optimize staff gameplay - unless you upload a video of yourself playing staff I'm hesitant on you saying that you're optimizing staff damage bc I've literally only seen 3 good staff players throughout my entire vindictus career.
  • cheappariyacheappariya
    Sure there are better but also worse players then me with staff. I used to be king in S1 hardly ever was I not firrst in raids until +15 hacks withthe rune.
    Now for dps really needs to be top on your game and top on your gears.
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    Sure there are better but also worse players then me with staff. I used to be king in S1 hardly ever was I not firrst in raids until +15 hacks withthe rune.
    Now for dps really needs to be top on your game and top on your gears.

^implying that it shouldn't be this way in a actionmmorpg :)
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    edited July 31, 2019
    S1 was a drastically different playstyle for staff + other classes.
    Also that's cloaks entire point - there are better staff players than you and you're not doing all you can in terms of the skill aspect.
    So in that case look for alternatives as mentioned previously lol
    You honestly don't even have to get astera gear. Maybe the weapon but it's probably more cost effective to just go for dullahan to get faster access to ADD
  • cheappariyacheappariya
    Lets see options.
    Weaker parties...happy to find any parties in this game.
    I dont have time or money for +13-14 set/weapon. One item maybe all no chance.
    As I told you there are better and much worse staff players then me.
    TBH i want fun not struggles. This game lost fun factor with many of the actual current state. Its up to everyone own taste or oppinon but for me Vindictus is over.
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    i mean ya if youre presenting options that say "wow i dont want to put in any time to progress in this game and i wanna do mad deeps the instant i enter a raid!" then ya youre gonna have a rough time lmfao.
  • cheappariyacheappariya
    To move on from my point is necesary to have at leaset 1-1,5 bilion gold
    It means to grind at least for a year (100m/month avarge income). That does not worht the effort anymore from my side.
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    To move on from my point is necesary to have at leaset 1-1,5 bilion gold
    It means to grind at least for a year (100m/month avarge income). That does not worht the effort anymore from my side.

where are you getting these numbers cause that's total bs lmfao
    if youre making 100m / month youre doing something wrong
  • cheappariyacheappariya
    Yes i do sth wrong...what is called life.....
    I dont have time to play too much 0-2 hrs a day. Maybe a bit more at weekend but many times feels not do it.
    I have only 1 character my poor staffie who is not able to get drops in Astera.
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    "More than a feeling" - Boston, 1976
    Cloakshire
  • cheappariyacheappariya
    This game is full of nice memories to me, But we both know what memories can bring
    They bring diamonds and rust....
    Cloakshire
  • UkamUkam
    Vindictus Rep: 310
    New player here. Only reasons I'm out is cause the gearing is garbage with tons of stats and counterforce is the gayest thing I've ever seen. Just gonna level up some characters until I get bored and move on.
  • UkamUkam
    New player here thought I'd weigh in. Started about 3 weeks ago? Up to Aes Sidhe and working on trying to solo him for funsies with a fresh hurk. Tried a bunch of other characters and got a Grim and Vella to 100 plus a Delia at 98. Only reason I can't see myself quitting is that there isn't really much content and the content there is you're stuck running it endlessly. I'll likely finish all the content I can and just not bother gearing because enchanting sounds like total cancer and if the CF requirements are too hard to get i'll just quit before then.

I would stick around for longer if there was more to do. Other than pvp I don't really have much else. It's a shame because the combat is great in this game but oh well. Plenty of other stuff to do in the world.
  • UkamUkam
    New player here thought I'd weigh in. Started about 3 weeks ago? Up to Aes Sidhe and working on trying to solo him for funsies with a fresh hurk. Tried a bunch of other characters and got a Grim and Vella to 100 plus a Delia at 98. Only reason I can't see myself quitting is that there isn't really much content and the content there is you're stuck running it endlessly. I'll likely finish all the content I can and just not bother gearing because enchanting sounds like total cancer and if the CF requirements are too hard to get i'll just quit before then.

I would stick around for longer if there was more to do. Other than pvp I don't really have much else. It's a shame because the combat is great in this game but oh well. Plenty of other stuff to do in the world.