[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Nexon Launcher Update - Had To Redownload The Game

Comments

• AquasolAquasol
    Vindictus Rep: 2,650
    Vanisaur wrote: »
    Nexon just removed my post, and is allowing a user to impersonate me!

No one is impersonating you in this thread(you can see who posted what in the quotes, plus BabyDani was referring to their own previous post) , however if you have a problem or believe someone is, please report the post or PM if you wish to discuss it.

Your posts were removed because you were antagonizing another member and derailing a thread. Please do not do it again.
  • PheeBeePheeBee
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    Nexon Launcher -> Update -> Verifying -> Program cannot be installed.

After multiple tickets and support, this is still happening. There is no need for the launcher to UPDATE every time I play. But it does. Then it VERIFIES every time I play. Then the program (Vindictus) that needs to be UPDATED and VERIFIED every time I try to play cannot be INSTALLED. There is absolutely no need for this unless it is some monumental coding prioritizing security and hacking prevention completely superceding just having fun playing the game. Now, I love the support techs, they are nice and prompt and the support, in my opinon, is clearly superior, but this problem is something in the launcher or Vindictus code that needs to be switched off or...? Maybe a text file created by the launcher and saved in the game directory to identify whether or not updating or verification is needed based on previously saved information in the file that's scanned when the game is launched? It would only need to contain booleans. No other games have this problem that I play from the launcher, they update appropriately and function correctly. And even more so, THEY ARE NOT CONTINUALLY UPDATING AND VERIFYING. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, surgically removed all remnants of the launcher and Vindictus from the registry, reinstalled Microsoft redistributables, reinstalled DirectX, renamed Vindictus directories to trick updates, reinstalled into different named directories, performed complete REAL complete shutdowns using command prompt switches, provided exceptions to my antivirus programs/firewalls, killed multiple Nexon client tasks that remain in memory after the game is closed and re-attempted launching Vindictus to no avail and the list goes on. It did function haphazardly for a wee bit after the last complete erasure and excellent tech support, but alas, it is back and now it is 100% dysfunctional. UPDATE, VERIFY -> FAIL. First Combat Arms, now this (I lost everything in Combat Arms when I failed to see it's termination papers issued by Nexon in time :( ). Why not use Steam? Well, that's great if you have only one account. It appears as though there is a small number of loyal users that are having this specific launcher problem. I am sure that my friends server side will solve the problem, though, either by specific identification of this conditional loop-type error or through debugging. I have played Vindictus since it was beta and I love the game, tech support and follow-up and I know that the problem will be solved by these highly competent professionals. Meanwhile, I wait.
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    Vanisaur wrote: »
    Nexon just removed my post, and is allowing a user to impersonate me!

why would anyone wanna impersonate u? :c
  • PheeBeePheeBee
    Yeah, weird. Nexon would never allow impersonation. Just wanted to update today about the Nexon launcher situation. Nexon's DirectX runtime updated/installed today automatically and Vindictus began working again. Hmm... Maybe there's a way for the launcher to check and update the runtime more frequently? Each time the DirectX runtime has been updated, the launcher has worked correctly. Is it a Microsoft thing?
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    reviving a year+ old thread :>
  • PheeBeePheeBee
    Nexon Launcher -> Update -> Verifying -> Program cannot be installed.

Still no fix....update, verify, sorry you can't play because program cannot be installed.
  • LindseyBobcatLindseyBobcat
    Vindictus Rep: 305
    idk why,but i just got the game and my password verifacation has been going on for 10 minutes now. can anyone help me?