[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Fps Help/Suggestions?

LoyalsLoyals
Vindictus Rep: 720
in General Discussion
Hello, I want to start playing Vindictus again but something that always pushes me away from playing is the fps lag I usually endure in. I have mainly an AMD gaming pc, which I know isn't as optimized with this game as Intel/Nvidia is, but I was wondering if there are any tips/suggestions on how to get better and more stable fps in this game since I seem to lag mainly in battle. The lag isnt terrible, but its hard to learn boss mechanics when its laggy. Thank you.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 SIX CORE PROCESSOR 3.5GHZ
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560
RAM: 8 GIGS
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock 760GM-HDV
TheDazzIing

Comments

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    It's because you're using an old FX series CPU from AMD. The game is heavily CPU reliant and doesn't really leverage your GPU.

Upgrade to Ryzen. I was on an fx 8150 and I had to deal with super laggy frame rates to the point where I couldn't even do Aes. I upgraded to a ryzen 2700X and I've never looked back.
  • LoyalsLoyals
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    It's because you're using an old FX series CPU from AMD. The game is heavily CPU reliant and doesn't really leverage your GPU.

Upgrade to Ryzen. I was on an fx 8150 and I had to deal with super laggy frame rates to the point where I couldn't even do Aes. I upgraded to a ryzen 2700X and I've never looked back.

Oh ok thank you! I'm assuming with your ryzen 2700x you get stable 50-60 fps?
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    Ive got myself a ryzen 5 2600x cpu with rx 580 gpu and get 50-60 FPS on just above normal settings. I don't know what it takes to get a solid 60 smooth gameplay. :\
    Loyals
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Loyals wrote: »

Pretty much. Here's my thread I made after I upgraded: http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/14367/ryzen-2nd-gen-performance-ram-test
    Loyals
  • LoyalsLoyals

Pretty much. Here's my thread I made after I upgraded: http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/14367/ryzen-2nd-gen-performance-ram-test

Ok ty! Would you happen to know if the ryzen 2700X would be compatible with my motherboard?
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited May 28, 2020

Ok ty! Would you happen to know if the ryzen 2700X would be compatible with my motherboard?

It's not b/c your motherboard is for the AM3 socket platform. You'd need an AM4 socket for Ryzen (1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen). A 2700X might be a bit overkill for you; I got it b/c I wanted the extra thread count for video rendering. You'd probably do much better with a Ryzen 3600; it's quite the nice bang for the buck imo.

Just make sure that you pair it with fast RAM (2933mhz or higher would be my recommendation). To put this in layman's terms, this is b/c the cores of a Ryzen cpu communicate with what AMD calls their "Infinity Fabric." This rate of communication is sync'd with your computer's memory speed aka RAM speed. This is why having fast RAM with Ryzen allows you to squeeze more performance than if you had a slower kit. As evidenced in my RAM test thread I linked.
  • LoyalsLoyals

It's not b/c your motherboard is for the AM3 socket platform. You'd need an AM4 socket for Ryzen (1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen). A 2700X might be a bit overkill for you; I got it b/c I wanted the extra thread count for video rendering. You'd probably do much better with a Ryzen 3600; it's quite the nice bang for the buck imo.

Just make sure that you pair it with fast RAM (2933mhz or higher would be my recommendation). To put this in layman's terms, this is b/c the cores of a Ryzen cpu communicate with what AMD calls their "Infinity Fabric." This rate of communication is sync'd with your computer's memory speed aka RAM speed. This is why having fast RAM with Ryzen allows you to squeeze more performance than if you had a slower kit. As evidenced in my RAM test thread I linked.

Oh ok, tysm for the tip! So to get this straight, My Motherboard (ASRock 760GM-HDV) would be compatible and a good match with a "AMD RYZEN 5 3600" CPU? Also when you say "Just make sure that you pair it with fast RAM", does the RAM apply to my 8 gig pc RAM?
  • LoyalsLoyals
    edited May 28, 2020

Oh wait nvm lmao, I'd have to update my motherboard to an A4 socket so I can use a Ryzen CPU? Would would be a good compatible motherboard for the amd ryzen 5 3600 CPU ?
  • TheDazzIingTheDazzIing
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm