[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Cesar Campfire Questionnaire

NippyKindLangurNippyKindLangur
Vindictus Rep: 765
edited April 23, 2020 in General Discussion
As those who participate in the latest raid, 'Battle of Rocheste' are aware, there is a lack of wood at the start of the raid. Rather, there is wood placed in the passageway before the boss room. This leads to the question, should everyone place their own camp at the start or should a campfire be shared in the passageway before the boss?

The fact that placing a campfire automatically gives the placer the buffs is not new to this raid. Is your preference consistent with previous raids. Why? Why not? Does it matter? For the poll, as placement of campfires in Donegal, Jardin and Aiden raids is a separate debate, only raids in Astera and Rocheste Outskirts are considered for previous raids and will be grouped together as 'Astera' raids.

Personally I've been in parties where one or more players felt quite strongly about their preference. Unfortunately I don't know if it's possible to attach more than one question to the poll so if possible please provide commentary on how strongly you feel about your preference, whether you care or not about the preference of other players present in your party and why.

Lastly, do attitudes toward this differ between regions? If you would like, please state the region in which you primarily play 'Battle of Rocheste'.

Thank you for your participation.

EDIT: There is wood in the first room of 'Battle of Rocheste'. However, it is a short distance from spawn, quite spaced out and has a tendency to be destroyed along with the first wave of monsters. If you prefer to have a shared campfire placed here, feel free to state so.
  1. How do you prefer your campfires, strength of preference notwithstanding?6 votes
    1. I prefer one camp that the rest of the party shares. I also prefer this in Astera raids.
       50% (3 votes)
    2. I prefer one camp that the rest of the party shares. I prefer people use their own camps in Astera.
       0% (0 votes)
    3. I prefer everyone use their own camp. I also prefer this in Astera raids.
       17% (1 vote)
    4. I prefer everyone use their own camp. I prefer one camp that the rest of the party shares in Astera.
       33% (2 votes)

Comments

• NippyKindLangurNippyKindLangur
    Vindictus Rep: 765
    edited April 23, 2020
    Sample answer:

I voted for using own camp in Battle of Rocheste but shared camp in Astera.

My preference is not strong however. I will place a camp at the start and wait for players before the boss room if they prefer it that way. I do this for a minor luck bonus to the trash mobs before the boss, which is not present in Astera Raids. I don't feel it's important enough to mandate the rest of the party to follow suit as the main value is probably from Damascus Steel and the rare jackpot of Milletian Essence (Book/Focus/Shield and Weapon) rather than drops from trash mobs.

This is on NA. I see most people on NA use a shared camp before the boss. While I don't mind waiting, others who prefer their own camp at the start tend not to like waiting for those who prefer shared from my experience.
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    "I prefer everyone use their own camp. I prefer one camp that the rest of the party shares in Astera."

The lack of wood at the start of the raid, and the high chances of players and comrades to destroy all of it, ends up in an huge time waste. In the corridor before caesar you can place it, but then you miss the luk boost on the midboss.

So at the end your options are:

- Place it at the beginning, and miss the armor buff (best one, huge crit res cap already makes your armor butter anyways)
    - Place it at the corridor, and miss luk boost on the midboss (not efficient)
    - Place it while people fight the midboss, next to the 2 barrels in that area, and benefit from both things yourself (selfish?)
    Avan
  • PansuPansu
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    What?