[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Dear Devcat: Pleasssse give us Hard Mode back.

Blackbirdx61Blackbirdx61
Vindictus Rep: 1,355
edited April 13, 2020 in General Discussion
So way late last night I logged into Vindi for a while; and Defeated this beasty, Irukul. He is the only Mob on his level, that's it just him. He was also the first thing in the game I've found reasonably challenging my first try I was just spamming Heals; my 2nd try I was buffed with some extra defense and took him down in about 90 seconds. It's such a shame this used to be a much more challenging game. Now I understand to some extent that the leveling process is considered a tutorial; that makes sense in like GW1 where there are only 20 levels; but If a player is grinding out 80-90 Levels; at some point you have to let go of their hand and expect them to stand on their own.

Certainly by Level 50 I should have a baseline understanding of the basics of the game, reasonably decent gear and have at least graduated from primary to Middle School? No, don't you think so.

And I know there is the thought well we nerfed the game for Casuals; well as a filthy casual with a full time job and only a few hours a week for play; I can tell you Casual is not Catatonic. Please Don't base your opinion of casual players on the opinions of Elites who divide the world into Elites and Useless; thats not how the world works. In any endeavor involving any degree of skill you have a bell curve. A tiny population of Elites, a much larger population of reasonably competent people, and a tiny population of folks with no talent in a given area. Myself after 7+ years in MMOs I am competent. I like a challenge, I don't want to take candy from babies, thats no-one's idea of fun really.

If you want to engage, and retain your player base, I strongly suggest to you to please stop under estimating us and give us back the more challenging content that was nerfed with Rise. I know its hard to admit a mistake but I know my post in one of many trying to inform you Rise was a huge mistake.

This moment is a huge opportunity for you. Literally millions of people are locked down. Many of them returning to MMOs for something to fill up their day. Give them something worthy of their time to return to, and I have no doubt you will be rewarded handsomely for your efforts.

Nuff said. BB.

Vindi200413_088.png
SwornKnightTheDazzIing

Comments

• ArcflareArcflare
    Vindictus Rep: 560
    Nah theyre too busy implementing Fatigue, whale passes, and gambling boxes to try and fix the problems that crippled their player base in the first place. Why make a game better when they can just milk the whales for thousands every day before it finally shuts down?
    IcygoddessPrototypemindFlameSama1
  • Blackbirdx61Blackbirdx61
    edited April 14, 2020
    Unfortunately you may be right ArcFlare, I've seen that before with Tera; they keep rolling out new classes, but the graphics are still so aweful that its routine to see NPCs and even other players as just gray blobs; they've known for years that the graphics engine badly needs to be optimized but have done nothing. Lets hope DevCat is not of that school. My hope was, and is, as one of the more Casual Players they were hoping to attract they might pause for a moment and give my post just a little thought. BB.
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    They only target to appeal KR player base. We liked XE combo counter (atleast in EU, but pretty sure it would have been welcomed in NA), but KR didn't so nexon removed it. We liked 8-man raids, but KR didn't so nexon removed it. We liked OS, but KR didn't so nexon removed it. We lived long without fatigue, but KR always had it so nexon added it to us too.
    Buffs/nerfs on characters? its based on data KR players gather, and how well/bad they play these characters, we don't matter for those.
    New outfits? based on KR tastes. If KR people like huge boobs they will keep adding volume up outfits.

Enough said, you get the idea.
    RaptorBugSwornKnight
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    edited April 15, 2020
    fyi its not devcat anymore since like end of s1. KR nexon in house development runs the game now so you're pretty much preaching to the deaf choir.

and i agree it should be easy but not push over.
    Blackbirdx61
    edited April 15, 2020
    Thanks Em, I Wonder why they still list Devcat on materials; but I guess its just easier to leave it there. If Nokaubure is right, and I have no reason to believe he is not, it kinda surprises me that they went with Rise in the first place. Given the higher overall skill level of the KR player base as I understand these things; I would think that player base would demand more challenging content, not less.

Still TY all for your feed back. BB.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Nokaubure wrote: »
    They only target to appeal KR player base. We liked XE combo counter (atleast in EU, but pretty sure it would have been welcomed in NA), but KR didn't so nexon removed it. We liked 8-man raids, but KR didn't so nexon removed it. We liked OS, but KR didn't so nexon removed it. We lived long without fatigue, but KR always had it so nexon added it to us too.
    Buffs/nerfs on characters? its based on data KR players gather, and how well/bad they play these characters, we don't matter for those.
    New outfits? based on KR tastes. If KR people like huge boobs they will keep adding volume up outfits.

Enough said, you get the idea.

Eh, no.

XE - EU was merged with NA, which had at the time a far larger player base. To make porting easier with each update they no longer wanted to deal with multiple combat system versions so XE was nixed. It had nothing to do with KR players.

Buffs/Nerfs - You can even look in the "Future Content" section on these forums and see information on how unhappy KR players have been about many of the changes made. These have been entirely based on decisions by KR's Director deciding that some random change or another that no one asked for would be good for the game. Things like Karok's clash going on 20 minute cooldowns and bad changes to Lann have nothing to do with Korean players or data they've gathered.

Outfits - KR has faaaaaaaaaar more outfits in their shop for direct purchase than we do. We have fewer here because the staff didn't have the pull to change it or just didn't care. As to the tastes, outfits have always come from KR, JP, and CN. I don't know why you would think that would change. Might have been otherwise had the game been more popular here, but that's Nexon NA's fault for screwing that up.

8-man - a number of KR players quit outright when it was removed. Also, as many played at PC Bangs and even if not were playing on great connections with little lag, they didn't have any issue with hardware or connectivity for larger groups so they had no reason to push for smaller parties. That was purely Nexon's KR Director deciding in his own head that it would increase player numbers because people wouldn't have to wait as long for boats. Same reasoning with them removing the party leader's ability to kick from boats. Both have upset players in all regions, and again, it has nothing to do with KR players wanting it.

Fatigue - only added because KR and CN have laws and policies limiting how many hours a day they can play games. Nexon NA/EU/AUS has a tiny player base now and minimal staff so rather than the KR devs having to code a version without it anymore they have unified the client. Sadly the staff here is incapable or uncaring enough that they have failed to make the case for potions to offset it completely. Considering VVIP offsets it fully it seems cash grabbing is the motivation.

None of the major changes to NA/EU/AUS have come at KR player's behest; it has all been about people at the top deciding to do it arbitrarily either because they don't care or because they think they "know what's best." There have been a large number of KR players upset by what the game has turned into, so you're off base trying to blame them for what's gone down over here.
    EmerthystBlackbirdx61IcygoddessSwornKnight
    None of the major changes to NA/EU/AUS have come at KR player's behest; it has all been about people at the top deciding to do it arbitrarily either because they don't care or because they think they "know what's best."

You mean the People at the Top Don't inherently know best? Blasphemy, LOL there seems to be too much of that going around in and out of gaming.
    TY for taking the time for a long and informative post P.
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    edited April 20, 2020
    None of the major changes to NA/EU/AUS have come at KR player's behest; it has all been about people at the top deciding to do it arbitrarily either because they don't care or because they think they "know what's best." There have been a large number of KR players upset by what the game has turned into, so you're off base trying to blame them for what's gone down over here.

In that case if its true (which I'm gonna asume it is because you look convincing), it means we have even less chances to be heard, because they don't even hear KR playerbase, so either way our efforts are useless here. The rockstair hair and the xmas haircolors are one of the few cases where they actually listened to EU/NA, and its only cosmetic stuff.
  • FlameSama1FlameSama1
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    I know I play this game because my guildmate plays it, I just struggle to understand why anyone else does when it's incredibly obvious that Nexon is a trash company that doesn't care about you, only your money.
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    I made a suggestion about this very issue a couple of years ago; you should check it out: http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/comment/64742/

I am in absolutely agreement on this. Honestly, the game needs optimization on an astronomical scale. During the time in between content updates, they could update the graphics in other areas in Season 1 & 2 (Hoarfrost Hollow, Ainle, Ruins of Sanctity, etc.) like they did with Perilous Ruins and the rest of Season 3 & 4. But to retain players, the difficulty needs to cater to all players. Otherwise, you end up with what we have now: players with high-level characters and gear completely abandoning Season 1 & 2 because a. the levels and enemies are WAY too easy and b. there's no reward worth going for in those areas. As Prototypemind said, I feel like the devs will not listen to their players and probably never will. But seriously, they should read our feedback and suggestions to make the game better.
  • DancingStarDancingStar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695
    edited May 9, 2020

Fatigue - only added because KR and CN have laws and policies limiting how many hours a day they can play games. Nexon NA/EU/AUS has a tiny player base now and minimal staff so rather than the KR devs having to code a version without it anymore they have unified the client. Sadly the staff here is incapable or uncaring enough that they have failed to make the case for potions to offset it completely. Considering VVIP offsets it fully it seems cash grabbing is the motivation.

There's none coding behind, the client (and server) settings are all in one database file. They're set either ON or OFF for each region. End.

@nokabure
    Korean, and China, like their chars with 'radioactive white skin' and slim sticky legs. Here we didn't get that (yet..) :)
  • Mr_Frosty_11Mr_Frosty_11
    Vindictus Rep: 110
    There are more things that could return to normal in the game. And it's just a great pity that today this "just a clothing simulator" has given up.