[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Which armor should i go with?

TheNewKaiTheNewKai
Vindictus Rep: 1,405
in General Discussion
I am stuck on whether or not itd be worth investing in lvl 105 armor when it comes out or just keep what i have and try to +15 said pieces... (my current astera gear is between +10 and +12)

I'm not sure what to go with as the defense increase to 105 is tempting but at the same time it may cost a lot and with the fact that all mats to craft start with the lowest roll, that would make it even more costly (and not to mention reforging costs too to try +15)
  1. Keep astera gear or get 105 gear?16 votes
    1. Keep Astera
       63% (10 votes)
    2. wait for 105
       38% (6 votes)

Comments

• Sw33tSSw33tS
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    Just wait for 105.. it’s way better and uses rank 5 scrolls. It’s only worth settling for astera if you already invested in it a lot so far and have ALR on it.
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    edited April 3, 2020
    The best progression is:
    Start with dullahan armor, since it has 3 times cheaper alr
    Max alr on dulla (+3.5% dps)
    Once you have A LOT of abyssal shards and s4 hits, start migrating to 105 armor because it can wear rank 5 scrolls, make helmet and pant first

Since you went astera I suggest skip maxing alr and go straight away to 105
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Sw33tS wrote: »
    Just wait for 105.. it’s way better and uses rank 5 scrolls. It’s only worth settling for astera if you already invested in it a lot so far and have ALR on it.

alr? what about additional damage from +15ing? astera would be cheaper than new era
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    edited April 3, 2020
    ^ not to mention you need a lot of s4 mats and gold to just get the lv105 to the base stats of max astera because it starts at minimum stats no matter what.
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    ^^
    exactly what i was thinking, thats why am stuck, seems like it;ll cost quite a bit for new era. but it would be nice to have more defense...

gah idk @_@
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    105 is a waste. I'm personally not going to switch. I'll just wait for 110 instead. Maxed out Astera is not only going to be incredibly cheaper, 105 is going to be overkill until like the end of the 105 era anyway. I know a lot of others doing this same thing. 105 is kind of like how Dulla was. It was really and armor set you could just straight ignore, but 105 is going a whole new level with even less useful for way way more cost. Compared to dulla when it came out.
  • Sw33tSSw33tS
    If you are using, say a +12 astera set. 3k AD. It’s definitely worth upgrading to 105, despite the cost, you have atleast a month to prepare man. Sure, you might overpay a bit like when astera came out a few years back, but it’s fine imo.

But think about it like this the lil extra gold u put into the 105 mill gear, would you honestly rather spend it on reforging astera? Come on man..
    If you compare lv90 to lv100, that’s like one whole tier right? You’re not going to use a Regina dragonspine or w/e and fight Selren.. you’d use either dul or astera.
    105 is that inbetween tier where even when 110 comes out, 105 is still very strong just like how dullahan weapon is still strong right now. What astera weapons might potentially become in the future is what level 90 weapons are right now in this current era. (They are okay but you’re not going to consistent run 100 raids with it.) Astera will still be very strong when 105 comes out but how about after that? I’m not saying I can predict the future but that’s just something to consider.
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    edited April 4, 2020
    The amount of times 110 is mentioned is funny, the time for that to happening is huge:

- Caesar brings 105 book
    - Nyle brings 105 earring + 1 enchant prefix

That's 4 months, if nexon follows the pattern:

- X brings 105 belt + 1 enchant
    - X brings 105 first ring + 1 enchant
    - X brings 105 second ring + 1 enchant

Which adds 6 more months, and we would still lack 4 enchants, if nexon splits the enchants in 2 bosses, then it would be a total of 14 months + 2 for the next 110 update = 16 months, and if they decide to put 1 enchant per boss we would talk about20 months of 105 content
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    ^astera content also lasted about 1.5 years seems to be the normal timeline in vindy at least for s3.
  • Sw33tSSw33tS
    Ey, at the end of the day, do you really wanna spend all that gold reforging astera, re-enhancing it and hoping for the best? Or upgrade to a similar enhancement but a higher level? Knowing that the higher level item will last longer.
    You will be investing gold into trying to get that extra 100 AD. ALR will still cost the same. If you already had a high enhanaced astera weapon or armor, you should keep using it. It’s end-game. But, if you are using average enhancement stuff, it’s just something to consider before you risk it.
    Your gold = your choice.
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    pretty much that are you willing to spend 10x the gold but be set for 3-4 years or spend less and be set for only a year and a bit. (not that being not capped is the end all be all i do plenty fine in brigid without being "capped")
  • Sw33tSSw33tS
    edited April 4, 2020
    Emerthyst wrote: »
    pretty much that are you willing to spend 10x the gold but be set for 3-4 years or spend less and be set for only a year and a bit. (not that being not capped is the end all be all i do plenty fine in brigid without being "capped")

That’s good for you man.
    But I’m just saying, if i had to pick between spending 60-100m per reforge on astera armor and hoping for the best Or straight up going for 105, knowing that I’m paying for more defense. I would take the option that both gives me certainty AND will be a better investment in the long run.
    Let me give you an example: if he had a +11 reinforced echoing 2-star astera Boots. Would you honestly advise him to reforge that thing?
    How about a +10 temporal stigma astera tunic? Come on man... Even if he manages +13 somehow, at what cost.... I’d rather spent that extra 30m or whatever it’s going to be (dunno how prices will look a month from now) for a lv105 piece and enhance it from there and hope for the best.

• IngkellsIngkells
    well if you're poor like me, and decided to switch gear (not gonna), you'd still be trying to +12 the 105 by the time 200 is out. still can't get my astera very high, but my alts have a few +14 dullas and 1 +15 lugh. mostly because the steel requirement is much cheaper. still expensive, but relatively cheap. then i get bogged down gearing up new characters. i didn't have to, but i ended up liking belle and eira. and soon, there'll be another new character. and i'm told 105 will require a new rune. i can't afford nx and the latest events have not given many runes, and i doubt the seal shop will have them right away. in short, it's just not feasible to invest in a new set i can make half-assed at best. at least with old gear i can nickle and dime it to perfection at my own speed. investing in new gear right now would sideline me with 2 sets of crap. i'll wait til 110/115 before i throw down on 105/110.
    SwornKnightLoLoBooty
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    edited April 9, 2020
    Definitely in the keep Astera and skip 105 camp. Even if you choose to upgrade to 105 -- it's going to be a long time before you can swap without taking a hit on your damage output. Since additional damage is the most important stat you likely won't have the gold to afford upgrading 105 back to the level you have your current 100 gear. Let's recap all the ways 105 is more expensive that 100/95:

* New Essences. Expect 50 ~ 150M+ prices for weapon parts.
    * New mats. Expect 250k+ and up.
    * Increased Damascus steel costs especially considering we will get free event steels for lv100 and below items and the adjustment in steel costs per level.
    * Min-roll stats which make synthesis necessary if you want a meaningful upgrade of secondary stats over maxed Astera.
    * Increased Synthesis costs
    * ALR downgrade = Lower ALR if you upgrade & high costs for equivalent ALR.
    * Increased Repair costs
    * No 105 runes to help you jump to +13.

• TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    edited April 11, 2020
    i plan to keep my astera weapons, as itll be cheaper to +15 than 105. I may just look into getting 2 pieces are 105 for now. Im not worried about ad as my gear on my chars range from +10-+13. I do hate enhancing.
    Sw33tS