[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Just when I wanted to come back, Fatigue happen...

TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
Vindictus Rep: 3,975
in General Discussion
I see Lethor happening and think about coming back to the game after ~2 years of hiatus because of gacha boxes, but then I noticed the fatigue system is now a thing in NA Vindictus. Are you for real Nexon, you try to combat bot by limiting the play time of everyone including your legit players? And for some reason it will help future content? And your long term solution for people who don't feel happy with it is a free Fatigue Potion that last... 2 weeks?

Usually I would just leave without saying a thing just like the last two times (Miul and Bel release), but the Fatigue thing is such madness, I have to make this post before going away.
GhengisJohnDaimusaylbdr

Comments

• anderzejn131anderzejn131
    Vindictus Rep: 985
    Sadly this game has no real competitor, so they can ruin it in any way they please. Gl on finding better games to play.
    DaimusSirRFI
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    edited February 19, 2020
    And so far its doing nothing to combat bots, according to items in the market. For me its really just annoying when you want to farm for (mats/AP) but as a casual player (few hours a day) its not THAT bad. Spend a few bucks on vip, aint bad and makes it better. You dont really even need to spend real $ on vip, with all these events or buy from market. I have almost 100 fatigue pots already just sitting in my inventory (none were purchased with real $$). No real need for them atm, shame i cant sell em. HA!
    aylbdr
  • JunkoJunko
    Vindictus Rep: 515
    Just got back too. Came here to see what the hell is up with this fatigue system garbage. Really Nexon?! This will officially kill this game for good. Bunch of retards working at Nexon of America. You have legit fucked over everyone with this garbage. Imagine popping an 1 hour EXP potion only to be forced to stop playing halfway through, thus, wasting the potion and all of its benefit. **** retards.
    aylbdr
  • aylbdraylbdr
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    edited February 25, 2020
    Are you for real Nexon, you try to combat bot

The absurd thing is, the fatigue system doesn't affect bots at all since they don't farm low level missions.

It only affects honest players (negatively) who farm lower level missions, and of course the new players. The only thing I've seen the fatigue system achieve is to make players (new and old) quit playing. Regardless, the inactive player base speaks far more about what the fatigue system has actually achieved than anything anyone, nexon or players) could ever say.

I don't know one player personally who isn't literally pissed off about it and I'm a GM of a fairly active... or well, it was fairly active until this, and not one person doesn't actively hate this sytem.

Also, the huge reduction in the player base will certainly have had a very negative affect on nexons profit margin, if it hasn't become obvious even to them already. Sure it's possible they've had a temporary spike in sales of vvip and fatigue potions of course, but when the F2P players stop playing, so will the whels.

Who wants to play a dead mmo, no matter how great that game is? And how does a dead game make nexon any money?

SwornKnight
  • YarannaikaYarannaika
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    you are right, this sucks, and they don't listen us. Look at the solution posted today :/
  • EventideEventide
    I just recently got back into the game and was enjoying it. Took a bit of a break (about a month), and come back to see a fatigue system added... with the excuse being they want to limit illegal activity.. but the fatigue cost to things is ridiculous.. like doing the abyssal arena takes nearly 20% of your fatigue.. you run that about 3-4 times a day so there's nearly all of your fatigue already. A fatigue system will not work well in a game that's based on daily grinding..

If they want to actually stop illegal activity, they should implement other systems that don't limit legit players. Like they claim mining is the problem, so make it that people have to answer a quick question correctly after X amount gathered or something. Like it could easily use a captcha style of thing that after you mine say 20 times in a day it'll pop up asking you what's 1+3.. don't limit people from playing the game.
  • xLyniexLynie
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    It's a joke. Game is already dead enough and this will likely send what little player base they have left right out the door. There are only a few hundred players playing so bots probably aren't that common.
  • EventideEventide
    I just recently got back into the game and was enjoying it. Took a bit of a break (about a month), and come back to see a fatigue system added... with the excuse being they want to limit illegal activity.. but the fatigue cost to things is ridiculous.. like doing the abyssal arena takes nearly 20% of your fatigue.. you run that about 3-4 times a day so there's nearly all of your fatigue already. A fatigue system will not work well in a game that's based on daily grinding..

If they want to actually stop illegal activity, they should implement other systems that don't limit legit players. Like they claim mining is the problem, so make it that people have to answer a quick question correctly after X amount gathered or something. Like it could easily use a captcha style of thing that after you mine say 20 times in a day it'll pop up asking you what's 1+3.. don't limit people from playing the game.
  • EventideEventide