[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Server is dead.

GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
Vindictus Rep: 3,540
edited February 1, 2020 in General Discussion
It's friday night, at the new day refresh and in 22 minutes no boats have been launching for any of my favorites.
iGS2IBb.jpg
tnKilQ4.jpg

I'm not going to kid, this is bad. A few boats have launched since then but the board is consistently all 0's. I have never seen the server this quiet. I love this stupid game, despite all of the crap I've gone through with it in the years I've been playing it. People have been saying "dead game" and "This game is dying" for years and somehow it's still hung on. I'm going to be honest, I was mad about this system when it was first announced but now, looking at the server I'm legitimately kind of scared. Nexon, I think you've made a pretty bad decision here.
aylbdr

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited February 1, 2020
    All they had to do was incorporate a daily item that gives 1000% fatigue or some such. The fact that VVIP offesets the system shows that they decided to try and play it as a money maker rather than keeping in mind that the audience in the west is completely different than that in Asia. It will suck if this is the final nail in the coffin but what can you do?

People are still buying the RNG boxes like candy, though, so I don't think the whales care much.
    EloyasEmerthystGhengisJohnEventidedaws360
  • SSDDSSDD
    Vindictus Rep: 605
    considering the box was 900 b4 no thx!
    aylbdr
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Wait a minute. You're Adra? +hello fellow GhostKnight

Also, nice server chat catch right there XD. Tankbaby never ceases to amuse me.
    GhengisJohnZeroheart
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    Wait a minute. You're Adra? +hello fellow GhostKnight

Also, nice server chat catch right there XD. Tankbaby never ceases to amuse me.

Heya cloak :D. Sorry I have not been around as much as I used to be. I haven't been playing as much since they enacted the fatigue system. It literally makes me depressed when I log in, and see the fatigue meter, lol. I go "Oh that thing. That's right."
  • TheDazzIingTheDazzIing
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    :(
  • GoatanksGoatanks
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    Things could always be worse: https://steamcharts.com/app/212160#All

We still have decent numbers despite Fatigue System. Hopefully, Nexon will make it up to players with some really cool upcoming events.

For now it looks like we're gonna have to merge guilds and start doing PvP or Mini-games instead of constantly running dungeons.

Guess players can't be anti-social anymore. It's gonna take a really strong community to keep this game going.

What else is there to do in this game? Do y'all know any active Discord Servers for Vindictus?
    SwornKnight
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    There's a big discord server managed by EU/NA nexon itself, much more used than the forums (and pretty much everywhere, discord is taking the place of forums in our era)
    GhengisJohn
  • SwornKnightSwornKnight
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    edited February 25, 2020
    Goatanks wrote: »
    Things could always be worse: https://steamcharts.com/app/212160#All

We still have decent numbers despite Fatigue System. Hopefully, Nexon will make it up to players with some really cool upcoming events.

For now it looks like we're gonna have to merge guilds and start doing PvP or Mini-games instead of constantly running dungeons.

Guess players can't be anti-social anymore. It's gonna take a really strong community to keep this game going.

What else is there to do in this game? Do y'all know any active Discord Servers for Vindictus?

I agree with you there that we need a strong community to keep this game going. Also, the idea of turning our attention towards other parts of the game like pvp isnt such a bad idea. If they wanted to go this route then I'd recomend revamping the reward shop. The whole point of the game is to get stronger and finding ways to upgrade your gear. If they could provide more routes to take it wouldn't definitely be great. I believe OS was like that when it was still around. People would do it for Steel farming. But alas they took that away as well.

While they're at it, let's bring back seasonal games. Such as beach fruit smash events, christmas snowball turrets, etc.
  • EventideEventide
    If you check the Steam charts, back in about February 2015 is when the game just suddenly died. It dropped from 3,300 players in January 2015 to 1,338 by the end of February. From then on it's been slowly declining and now there's about 200-300 players typically. It's honestly sad because this game could have been absolutely amazing since it was a prequel to Mabinogi.. however they ruined the story and took it in a completely different direction.

Now they keep adding content that's mostly about being soloed until you're in the end game.. so anyone new to the game is just stuck playing by themselves until the max out. Which at max the game becomes just a daily grind really. Run everything X amount of times to get AP and rewards. Now you can only run a very limited amount of things per day and it's just stupid. They're limiting legitimate players from playing the game and their reasoning is it'll prevent bots. If we're saying bots are an issue (which I know they are), that 200-300 player count is roughly cut in half to count for the bots.

Instead of doing things to bring back players, they're doing what they can to kill off bots by also killing off their players. It's just really stupid all around. They need to get back to the roots of the game and see why so many people used to play it compared to now.. which really isn't a hard thing to figure out. The community will gladly tell you the biggest thing is stop making everything soloable. There used to be challenge in everything you do, but not challenge meaning if you get hit you instantly die like in most of the new content. I mean challenge in it took a while to kill something, it required mechanics, it required teamwork, etc. Not like a lot of the content now where it's just spam attacks at the boss until it dies.. maybe avoid being hit somehow.
  • EventideEventide
    If you check the Steam charts, back in about February 2015 is when the game just suddenly died. It dropped from 3,300 players in January 2015 to 1,338 by the end of February. From then on it's been slowly declining and now there's about 200-300 players typically. It's honestly sad because this game could have been absolutely amazing since it was a prequel to Mabinogi.. however they ruined the story and took it in a completely different direction.

Now they keep adding content that's mostly about being soloed until you're in the end game.. so anyone new to the game is just stuck playing by themselves until the max out. Which at max the game becomes just a daily grind really. Run everything X amount of times to get AP and rewards. Now you can only run a very limited amount of things per day and it's just stupid. They're limiting legitimate players from playing the game and their reasoning is it'll prevent bots. If we're saying bots are an issue (which I know they are), that 200-300 player count is roughly cut in half to count for the bots.

Instead of doing things to bring back players, they're doing what they can to kill off bots by also killing off their players. It's just really stupid all around. They need to get back to the roots of the game and see why so many people used to play it compared to now.. which really isn't a hard thing to figure out. The community will gladly tell you the biggest thing is stop making everything soloable. There used to be challenge in everything you do, but not challenge meaning if you get hit you instantly die like in most of the new content. I mean challenge in it took a while to kill something, it required mechanics, it required teamwork, etc. Not like a lot of the content now where it's just spam attacks at the boss until it dies.. maybe avoid being hit somehow.
  • YarannaikaYarannaika
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    I hate this. Nexon said's than a normal player "couldn´t ran out of their fatigue point per day" MAN. y played like 40 minutes and that's all. Nothing to do . I WILL NOT BUY VVIP or anything whit this terrible system. I will not play/pay until they remove this shiit.