[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

is there no easy way to get through story raids?

TheNewKaiTheNewKai
Vindictus Rep: 1,405
in General Discussion
Trying to play again after years of quitting and im somehow on twists and time even though i could have sworn i did the battle before. I can't even solo it. How am i supposed to do these? Nobody runs these raids anymore

Comments

• RhilinRhilin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,070
    There are sometimes full S3 trains but are rare. Best option is to get into a guild and asking them for help if you cannot solo them or using megas.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Are you using Quick Battle (QB)? People will not see raids you created from the board. QB raids should fill within 5 minutes during peak times. Using a mega helps.

http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/2281/quick-search-tutorial
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited January 24, 2020
    Are you using the Quick Battle system?

Tip #1 @ 0:33

Gotta fill my smartass quota for the day
    unknown.png
  • KirraKirra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,135
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    Are you using the Quick Battle system?

Tip #1 @ 0:33

Gotta fill my smartass quota for the day
    unknown.png

Tres Things:
    - You're used to the obnoxious and outdated UI that this game desperately needs a revamp on.
    - If you missed a sentence while you're in the middle of playing ...it pops up in the chat/All tab folks ignore most of the time. Font for ants!
    - If you missed that then it gets shoved in that small/easily dismissable box on the right side.

Also, users don't read and they're even less likely to complete tutorials/onboarding for an app/game (roughly 80%).
    So nah, it ain't really a surprise. Have some empathy for the lazy 80% Chonk.

Sum solutions:
    Game forces you to go to the board to make battles for the first few levels. Force us to use QB maybe for the first "recommended" story boss like or Regina or something?

It's really hard to ignore those slow ass "Blah blah is on sale don't forget to buy..." messages that are animated on-screen. Maybe use that for future recommended QB story-battles and not just random promotional messages.

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited January 27, 2020
    Kirra wrote: »

Sum solutions:
    Game forces you to go to the board to make battles for the first few levels. Force us to use QB maybe for the first "recommended" story boss like or Regina or something?

It's really hard to ignore those slow ass "Blah blah is on sale don't forget to buy..." messages that are animated on-screen. Maybe use that for future recommended QB story-battles and not just random promotional messages.

Another solution:
    There's a quest at like level 4 or 5 that teaches you about quick battles. They could move that quest into the start of S3's line and make it required. Would combine well with your idea of forcing QB on the first story raids.

Like make it so when they try to depart for Regina through any means, it'll say:

"Failed to create battle. You do not meet prerequisites. Complete Quick Battle subset story first."

They'll then have to visit the cat who will then explain QB & give them a quest to create and complete a raid QB three times. These three times could be on Corrupted Queen, Twists in Time, and Light and Shadows. This should educate them & get them used to it since the act of creating/completing QB's is a quest objective.

Have some empathy for the lazy 80% Chonk.

You know I'm that guy tho. The condescending a-hole with no regard for the lazy/inattentive. How2empathy?

• VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Cloakshire wrote: »

Sum solutions:

Another solution:
    There's a quest at like level 4 or 5 that teaches you about quick battles. They could move that quest into the start of S3's line and make it required. Would combine well with your idea of forcing QB on the first story raids.

Like make it so when they try to depart for Regina through any means, it'll say:

"Failed to create battle. You do not meet prerequisites. Complete Quick Battle subset story first."

They'll then have to visit the cat who will then explain QB & give them a quest to create and complete a raid QB three times. These three times could be on Corrupted Queen, Twists in Time, and Light and Shadows. This should educate them & get them used to it since the act of creating/completing QB's is a quest objective.

Or they could enable creating QB from battle board and make it default (if the host has the required stats). And players that don't want QB could just uncheck QB option.
    Kirra
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    Yes i know about the QB system. I was able to solo, just needed to refresh my skills, its been too long. Lol