[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New Voice for Characters

Comments

• FranBunnyFFXIIFranBunnyFFXII
    Vindictus Rep: 1,700
    Yeah I can't even play the game now. This absolutely distrubs me. My character sounds completely different, I've listend to her for 10 years now, and I just... I cant.
    I cant **** do it.
    I want her voice back. What the actual **** is this Nexon?
    I'm not spending another dime until you give me my character back.
    KawaRyoSkywalker00TatsuouMeahwaBladeNsoulWorldOriginArign
  • WhiteYukiiWhiteYukii
    Vindictus Rep: 1,380
    Well, might as well just drop my two cents real quick.

I don't like em. Some of them tolerable, a few I Hate, Seriously. I mean no offense to the voice actors, but this game has been around a very long time and we have grown use to how our characters sound. What if you come home and your daughter's or Wife's voice suddenly dropped 3.5 octaves for no reason. Exactly. It's weird.

The only one I am okay with Is Belle, only because she sounds extremely close to the original Korean actor. Good thing she pretty much my main right now..... I totally get how some people are quitting the game over the changes. Some of the voices are very jarring, at least try to make them sound similar to the originals VAs. Still, I would prefer the original Korean actor for Belle......and all the chars period.

Just give me the option to choose a voice pack. Please. Seriously, why don't you just add these options your community has demanded for centuries. Literally Korea has this feature. Why. Don't. You. Add. It. To. This. Client. Too.

I'm done.
    DancingStarKawaRyoSkywalker00PharCryTatsuouMeahwaMihairuBladeNsoulWorldOriginArign
  • FeyranFeyran
    Vindictus Rep: 1,450
    EWu0fpi.png
    BOK_CHOIPharCryKatlynnSkywalker00FranBunnyFFXIIpaulvgodHPDDyeamKawaRyoMihairuand 4 others.
  • PharCryPharCry
    Vindictus Rep: 845
    Not sure I ever so quickly, deftly or hurriedly smashed something so hard as the YES option and confirm >.>
  • PharCryPharCry
    Vindictus Rep: 845
    WhiteYukii wrote: »
    Just give me the option to choose a voice pack. Please. Seriously, why don't you just add these options your community has demanded for centuries. Literally Korea has this feature. Why. Don't. You. Add. It. To. This. Client. Too.

^^That^^
  • FeyranFeyran
    Vindictus Rep: 1,450
    edited December 12, 2019
    So I can't find [NX] Kerry's comment about voice toggles that I posted earlier from the "official" Vindictus discord. I also can't find my response to it either so take from that what you will.
  • VeneratorVenerator
    Vindictus Rep: 2,635
    Miri Picking Up Objects NA Voice

Miri Chainswing NA Voice
  • KatlynnKatlynn
    Vindictus Rep: 1,105
    edited December 12, 2019
    Venerator wrote: »
    Miri Picking Up Objects NA Voice

Miri Chainswing NA Voice

That picking object voice felt like cries for help and the chain swing voice, its like she feels unbearable pain whenever she does that move. They really butchered her voice.
    WorldOrigin
  • KawaRyoKawaRyo
    Vindictus Rep: 720
    Yeah, Miri is one of the worst, right after Eira... Lann is horrible too, especially if there's two of them, even worse more, like in certain stages (2 npc Lann and your own...) What worst some voices are bearable until you play for little longer and happen to get hit down or go pvp. I still jump everytime my Grimden is hit hard and he flies on ground. Playing mostly on Grimden and Belle now days since those are most bearable voices.
    Tatsuou
  • ZhadowZhadow
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    Well I hope they revert back soon :0. I hate Lynn's new voice, I miss her cute screams and yelling.
  • HPDHPD
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    edited December 20, 2019
    I really think they should make an official community poll regarding a revert/toggle voice feature. The game sounds so awkward with these new voices.

With all due respect to the voice actors, some of these voices doesn't even fit the action. Every time I dodge with Eira I get a stare from my wife asking me what the heck I'm watching. You know, that long, repetitive moan, it's not even a voice someone would do when they roll on the ground.

The game is on mute till they decide to do something about it.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    75EXg1O.jpg

Rejoice my friends. The voice swap is coming with the Marject patch
    BOK_CHOIKawaRyoWhiteYukii
  • KatlynnKatlynn
    Vindictus Rep: 1,105
    Hopefully they add the old English combat voices we had for Lann, Fiona and Evie.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    rs9XNYA.png

It's happening!
    WhiteYukii
  • WhiteYukiiWhiteYukii
    Vindictus Rep: 1,380
    edited December 24, 2019
    rs9XNYA.png

It's happening!

Well what do you know, They've been on a roll lately. I'm actually surprised. Not only are they listening to community feedback, they aren't half-assing it or taking 2 years either. For the first time in like 6 years, am actually impressed with how far they are going to fix things for the community, well done.

We, those of us in the community who spoke up, made this happen, don't forget that. It's always those that speak up, those who criticize (and not kiss ass) that improves the gaming industry. Your voice always matters and there is always the possibility for good change. Never let some naysayer try to talk you out of fighting for the change you want to see in your games. This is exactly why don't stfu with my critiques/opinions of these companies. Ever.

Merry Christmas indeed.
    BOK_CHOIKawaRyo
  • BOK_CHOIBOK_CHOI
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    Thank you to the devs for adding in the voice toggle and thank you to everyone who made it happen by voicing their criticism.
    KawaRyo
  • FranBunnyFFXIIFranBunnyFFXII
    Vindictus Rep: 1,700
    BOK_CHOI wrote: »
    Thank you to the devs for adding in the voice toggle and thank you to everyone who made it happen by voicing their criticism.

Unfortunately Fiona's voice is still not restored.
    I will withhold my excitement and praise until I get fiona's voice back.
    Once I do, I'mma buy the bunnyhoodie outfit.
  • WorldOriginWorldOrigin
    Please Nexon Make a option for language
  • WorldOriginWorldOrigin
    Please Nexon Make a option for language
  • MeahwaMeahwa
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    They better add voice toggle fast or they will lose even more players... I am not motivated to play this game anymore because of how awful Eira's voice is. She literally sounds like a smoker strugglin