[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

You f*$&% re-voiced my character?

Comments

• MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    The voices are good you are just dumb.

Not that they are good but with time it just stop bothers . The same was with change fast run walk . At the beginning players had problems but with time we just get used . Human can get used to everything .
    CloakshireBladeNsoulTwlnSexyWaterMelon
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    edited December 19, 2019
    Madcobra wrote: »

Not that they are good but with time it just stop bothers . The same was with change fast run walk . At the beginning players had problems but with time we just get used . Human can get used to everything .

Ye... And some ppl will get used to another game but who cares, right?
    KatlynnOKAMlWorldOriginTwlnWhiteYukii
  • TwlnTwln
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    Vladino wrote: »

So true - It's easier than Nexon thinks imo lol last time I played anything Nexon related was two years ago
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    Vladino wrote: »

I doubt someone would go play other game just because he doesnt like the voice of the own character . I hate how vella sounds but i started to tolerate it after all because i cant change it .
  • HPDHPD
    Vindictus Rep: 840

I doubt someone would go play other game just because he doesnt like the voice of the own character . I hate how vella sounds but i started to tolerate it after all because i cant change it .

I actually did. I've been playing since 2012 and I'm used to the old voices. I really can't stand or get used to the new voices no matter what.
    I've tried to convince myself that the new Eira battle grunts are fine, but once I dodge..nope.

Had to mute the game before I got bored. All I do now is background fishing while I work/play something else.
    BabyDaniWhiteYukiiKatlynn
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    75EXg1O.jpg

Rejoice! The voice swap is coming with the next patch
    BabyDaniVladinoCloakshireTwlnBladeNsoul
  • BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    HPD wrote: »

I actually did. I've been playing since 2012 and I'm used to the old voices. I really can't stand or get used to the new voices no matter what.
    I've tried to convince myself that the new Eira battle grunts are fine, but once I dodge..nope.

Had to mute the game before I got bored. All I do now is background fishing while I work/play something else.

sadly, i have to agree. my eira's battle voice is so disturbing that i avoid playing her. arisha's voice is just as bad. i hope hope hope dazedgumball is right and in a few days we can change it!
    HPD
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited December 20, 2019
    75EXg1O.jpg

Rejoice! The voice swap is coming with the next patch

But here's the true question. Lann, Fiona, and Evie had old English voices and didn't use the KR voices like Karok through Eira.

So for Lann, Fiona, and Evie, our choice will be between the "new" English VA & the Korean VA. That means we won't get our old English voices that we're used to will we?

Comparison Video for people:
    KR Evie: 0:45 | Old NA Evie: 1:14
    KR Fiona: 2:00 | Old NA Fiona: 2:09
    KR Lann: 6:41 | Old NA Lann: 6:55

I'm not complaining as I've always wanted to go CHAWWWW like the KR spear lanns, but I know those that were really attached to their old NA voices like @FranBunnyFFXII probably won't be pleased :(
    Prototypemind
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Honestly, I hope we get the old NA voices for Lann, Fiona, and Evie. They were the original squad that I fell in love with. I sincerely hope their voices come back
  • KatlynnKatlynn
    Vindictus Rep: 1,105
    edited December 20, 2019
    The old English voice we had for Evie and Fiona were just fine, the yell that Fiona does at the video between 2:23 to 2:24 was godly, heck she was the reason I started playing this game in the first place, same thing with Evie, she was my main as well I miss her voice.
  • DrakoniaEdgeDrakoniaEdge
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    I'm not holding my hopes high with the announced voice swap, the screenshot posted shows it could be just for character's emotes, maybe also their interactions when boarding boats. I wonder if it could end up being the actual combat voices would remain in their current atrocious awful state.
  • TwlnTwln
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015

Not as ridiculous as you think.

I've been playing Nexon games since 2008. Nexon has made plenty terrible changes contributing to people quitting.

• NædrinNædrin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,190
    ngl reading you guys rant made my day, laughed a lot. especially the op. you said "are you kidding me" how many times? you even missed the 'you' in one of them. xD i lol'd. and to answer your question, what entitles them is the fact that it's their character to do what they want w/, it's not yours.

all that being said, though, i can understand people being upset. i've been here just as long as the next and with lann etc. and especially my main karok these voices have become associated in my mind w/ the characters. but i am looking at this objectively and i'm not too opposed to change. it's clear to me that this is not the case w/ others.
  • FranBunnyFFXIIFranBunnyFFXII
    Vindictus Rep: 1,700
    THIS IS NOT MY CHARACTERS **** VOICE ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

PUT MY CHARACTERS VOICE BACK YOU **** EXUCSE OF A COMPANY.
    Are you **** kidding me?
    I gave you a chance and you blew it. I heard the voice option was added, I excitedly rushed to download the game.
    And you pull this **** bullshit.

I want my characters voice back.
    THE VOICE IN THIS VIDEO:

We didnt ask for the god damned korean voices, We asked for the old ones back.
    Are you kidding me?!
    What a joke.
    I'm done.
  • HPDHPD
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    Actually, I didn't even know the the old voices of Fiona and Evie are English.

But I don't mind the Korean voices though, I'm actually kinda happy about it.
    The main problem was that the voice doesn't match the character/action. I think the Korean voices more fitting than the current English one, it's supposed to be the original voices anyway.
    BladeNsoul
  • xXEvieLoveXxxXEvieLoveXx
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    +no
  • xXEvieLoveXxxXEvieLoveXx
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Toxic