[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

You f*$&% re-voiced my character?

FranBunnyFFXIIFranBunnyFFXII
Vindictus Rep: 1,700
edited December 6, 2019 in General Discussion
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
You just up and removed the damn voice my character has had for years.
What in the hell makes you think this is ok?
What in the hell entitles you to think it's alright to take the image of my character and trash it for your own ridiculous purposes?
Are you kidding me?

First you add this body shape system that forced skin oil and screwed with my character's appearance. I had to contact support because your new system screwed up my character.
And now my character's voice is gone, and apparently there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.

Are kidding me?
I could give **** all about the new voice lines, when you ruin parts of the character I have been playing since god damned open beta.
STOP
SCREWING WITH ****.
And if your'e going to change something about our character, like a Voice over, YOU BETTER DAMN WELL give us the **** option to keep the old one.

The new combat voice sucks, it's unfitting and overly cute, and I hate it.
I want the old voice back.
You guys removing crap is why I stopped buying stuff for this game in the first place.
Are you kidding me?

You make these pointless and meaningless changes, but you still cant manage to get around to ones we actually like and want, like oh the simple thing of turning off that stupid victory music that people have been asking to be able to turn off since CLOSED BETA?
No instead you have to add a system that screws up my character, and then you take her voice away from her.
Screw you Nexon and DevCat.

At least give me a **** choice between the new and old voice. Blade and Soul let me chose between at least 6 different vocal patterns.
Now how about you let me do the same.
This is grossly inappropriate.

And I will not be buying anythign in this game anymore until you fix my character.
I did not consent to this. I did not say it was ok for you to change my personal 9+ year old character.
Skywalker00WorldOriginDragonRiderBabyDaniLittleAngelBOK_CHOITwlnKatlynnBladeNsoulOKAMland 2 others.

Comments

• KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited December 6, 2019
    wait did they change the default body shape? I thought that they left the body shape and shininess how it was originally was and the body shape and Riely oil was just an option for if you want to change it but the defaults were left the same. I know that at one point Kais body default was changed, something like Kai's upper body was made obviously bigger and waist smaller, but was anyone else changed? Or are you talking about something like, you changed your default body shape and shininess when we first gained the option, and along the way, those presets changed to represent something else so you had to mess with it again to try to get things how you originally had it?
  • SixthSixth
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    You make these pointless and meaningless changes, but you still cant manage to get around to ones we actually like and want, like oh the simple thing of turning off that stupid victory music that people have been asking to be able to turn off since CLOSED BETA?
    Ohh yeah, one of the most annoying thing they never changed even after a decade.
    We also have sliders for "music" and "game" sounds, but they don't even work for some audio effects like the one you mentioned.
    It's like we are still in '95s where close to no game had these options.
    It would take them just around 5 minutes to add a slider for all audio effects (including sound, music, combat voice and emote voice effects), but hey, those 5 minutes are better spent on completely useless features no one asked for, right? That's Nexon alright.
    TwlnSkywalker00WorldOriginLittleAngel
  • FranBunnyFFXIIFranBunnyFFXII
    edited December 8, 2019
    Kurs wrote: »
    wait did they change the default body shape? I thought that they left the body shape and shininess how it was originally was and the body shape and Riely oil was just an option for if you want to change it but the defaults were left the same. I know that at one point Kais body default was changed, something like Kai's upper body was made obviously bigger and waist smaller, but was anyone else changed? Or are you talking about something like, you changed your default body shape and shininess when we first gained the option, and along the way, those presets changed to represent something else so you had to mess with it again to try to get things how you originally had it?

Since you obviouslu didnt play early on, and werent around for the change... or didnt pay attention... The defaults were the same but older characters automatically got max details applied to them. So very old characters got the default body, but maxed out skin detail.
    When I emailed nexon about this, They very understanding and sent me a voucher to fix it.

My character is very very old, one of the oldest characters on the server. So it was grandfathered in and got the maxed out details.
    Unfortunately though, they did not give us the option to turn it back down or off on the body, so it's maxed out on the body for my character, but my face is now oil free. So now My character looks like she went swimming in a bath of baby oil. It's incredibly off putting and i turned my graphics down to not have to look at it.

There was always a bit of shine in the character's skin back in the old version of the game, but it was nowhere near as intense as it is now.
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Lann voice = garbage
    Hurk voice = absolutely god awful
    Sylas voice = trash

The rest of my character's grimden, karok and kai are decent....

I dont play any of the other female chars so i have no comment on them.

Lann, Hurk, and sylas voice actors remind me of those reject voice actors from that trash company called Funimation.
    Fiona's new voice is a mix of ugu kawaii animu girl trying too hard to be cute, and daisy ridley doing light saber battle sounds.
    It's **** awful.
    I couldnt put up with it for more than 2 dungeons before I just said "I cant do this" and logged out, wrote this post, and uninstalled the game.
    TwlnWorldOrigin
  • BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    Eira's new battle voice is horrible. she sounds like an angry man. my best-geared character and now i haz to turn the sound off to play her. +sad
    WorldOrigin
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    I honest to god hope they revert the voices back to their original states. Hearing Evie's combat voices makes me die a little every time I hear it.
    WorldOriginFranBunnyFFXIITwln
    I don't care how nice the voice actress is. Her voice over does no fit my character. I want the old voice back.
    Im not blaimg her, I'm blaming nexon.
    BabyDaniTwlnWorldOriginKatlynn
  • SwornKnightSwornKnight
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    edited December 10, 2019
    Regarding the video of the Voice Actors, their regular voices sounded good tbh. I think they tried too hard to be dramatic and it became too much. I prefer if it was more natural.
    VladinoTwlnNishikiWorldOriginBabyDani
  • havoc23havoc23
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    wait they got voices now ? what does that mean ? like more then just grunts and cries of pain ? sorry aint played in like a year so i got no idea whats going on
  • NishikiNishiki
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    I play with my computer on mute because there's usually a tv show on in my room, so I haven't been bothered lol.
  • AkimbojoeAkimbojoe
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040
    I think ya'll are overreacting.
    GhengisJohnCloakshire
  • TheDazzIingTheDazzIing
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    ELZmI97WkAATJ2G.png
  • BladeNsoulBladeNsoul
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    Give us toggle option or just shut down the server already
    WorldOriginOKAMl
    Akimbojoe wrote: »

No. No were not.
    Katlynn
  • BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    Akimbojoe wrote: »

No. No were not.

No. No we're not.
    Katlynn
  • TheDazzIingTheDazzIing
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    The voices are good you are just dumb.
    Katlynn
  • TwlnTwln
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    ELZmI97WkAATJ2G.png

I will just throw this out there.

Victorious = Drake and Josh > Icarly :)
  • OKAMlOKAMl
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    Yeah, I logged in for the first time in 1.5 years today and heard my Kai's new voice and thought it was an April Fool's joke... Makes me wanna quit the game again lol
    TwlnWorldOriginBladeNsoul