[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Seal Shop Needs rework bad

SwornKnightSwornKnight
Vindictus Rep: 840
edited December 9, 2019 in General Discussion
I think they need to make the seal shop more useful. Not only are the items expensive, but there are items that arent even in there such as Aes Sidhe's essence (Dullahan's essence is provided).
The most useful items I can see in the shop are the runes and steels. I don't mind exchanging 100 or 200 seals for the runes since they are NX items. However, the damscus steel for 80 seals (80 raids) is a little much in my opinion. Especially for an item that is so crucial to character growth. Making them for 10 seals seems more reasonable. Assuming a low geared player gets 1 seal per raid, totalling to 10 raids per day just for 1 steel, just those 10 raids would be at least an hour of gameplay.

As a veteran player, I think a lot of people would appreciate this. It would show you care about the players and give more incentives to continue supporting this game.

Comments

• dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    I think they will be putting in Aes Sidhe's essence in the upcoming Marject patch; but I agree though. The seal shop needs a revamp badly.
    SwornKnight
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited December 9, 2019
    I think they will be putting in Aes Sidhe's essence in the upcoming Marject patch; but I agree though. The seal shop needs a revamp badly.

- Added [Aes Sidhe’s Sealed Power] to the [Seal of Bravery shop].
    - Recuced the [Seal of Bravery] costs of 16 existing Lv 95 items in the [Seal of Bravery Shop] by about 20%.

^That's included in the Season 4 patch in KR. I doubt we'll see it alongside Marject.

Also @SwornKnight you don't have to gain seals from raiding exclusively and you can gain around ~70 seals per day on average.
    • 20 from raiding
    • ~16 from RaR's level 40 bottles (Assuming VIP for 2x runs and 3 extra guild departure runs).
    • 3 from guild seal exchange
    • ~9-15 from running Special 3x
    • ~12-18 from Abyssal Arena 4x.
    • 10 from 1:1 Ein Lacher Exchange

82 max average from what I've gotten in game. However, I understand that you're looking at it from a new player's perspective. RaR Trains tend to go quickly so getting those ~16 seals to start would be preferred plus the bonus of potential shards. Then they could spend their one hour doing raids. So that's an average of ~26 seals per day for about an hour and fifteen minutes of play. Would only take 3 days for a steel, but I think that buying steel via the seal shop isn't cost effective for new players. They should save their seals for their Abom/Eoch essence which is required on the Looming Conflict quest, and the +13 rune for their dulla weapon.

After that, they should be able to raid all level 95 content and Claire which is a better source of steel from my experience. This lets them save their seals for unstable runes that can be used for future reforge needs.
    SwornKnight
  • SwornKnightSwornKnight
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    It's kind of expected that they'd have Aes Sidhe's essence in the shop eventually but why have they waited so long and why didn't they just included it with Dullahan's essence?

I guess I just want the seal shop to be more rewarding for those who put their time into doing raids, especially when we're not getting the drops we need. It would be great if the seal shop could be that "back up" assurance that we're not wasting our time.

And thank you CloakShire for sharing info on seals. But even going that route to get one steel per day is painful considering you need so many for reforges. It's very discouraging and sometimes depressing.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    It's kind of expected that they'd have Aes Sidhe's essence in the shop eventually but why have they waited so long and why didn't they just included it with Dullahan's essence?

I do have an answer for this, but I think I'd get flamed for it so unless you want me to elaborate on my thought process, I'll keep my opinion to myself regarding why they didn't put the Aes essence in from the start. +cold.

I guess I just want the seal shop to be more rewarding for those who put their time into doing raids, especially when we're not getting the drops we need. It would be great if the seal shop could be that "back up" assurance that we're not wasting our time.

I agree that the seal shop could be more rewarding. Something one of our guildies suggested is that they could give the trash drops a trade in value. Our guildy has 6,285 Agares flags and has yet to ever drop a page from him. Maybe make it so you can trade in "x" amount of the garbage drops for a item from the respective boss. But if they did this, I'd say they should make the trash drops bind on pickup & set the required number high so that the rares themselves retain their value.

And thank you CloakShire for sharing info on seals. But even going that route to get one steel per day is painful considering you need so many for reforges. It's very discouraging and sometimes depressing.

Np on sharing the seal gain numbers, but like I said: Purchasing steel with seals is not cost effective considering runes to reforge. Steel is best farmed from raiding, guild dungeons, and monthly missions from my experience.
    SwornKnight
  • Returner9Returner9
    Vindictus Rep: 1,025
    The entire infrastructure of EU needs to change. We don't have the same amount of active players Korea\China\Taiwan has and we don't get generous events like they do. There are not enough drops in circulation to meet the demand.

Damascus Steels have already nearly doubled in price ever since they removed onslaughter. I honest to God don't see how EU is going to survive season 4.

• NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    The only thing I don't like about the seal shop is runes refreshing on mondays. Lots of players enter a bottleneck state where they can only enhance 1 time per week, greatly slowing down their gearing process, some get tired of this and lose interest for the game. Bad game design overall. Just make the runes have 1 day cooldown.
    Another missing item that is not aes essence is the shield essence, they should put these for seals so people could craft lv95 books with only seals.
    Damascus steel should get the price reduced to 50 seals.

They don't care about suggestions anyways, we follow the update schedule of KR so eventually we will get aes essence and cheaper chunks, that's all.