[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

is NA stuff better than EU??

BownerBowner
Vindictus Rep: 1,775
edited August 18, 2019 in General Discussion
Since the merge, I have been looking at things like events, event items, things which we were given for free. and well free items are always good and free the events to obtain them are a joke.
All EU players who have played as long as I have would remember the days of unlimited farming events. things where it was down to the player's playtime to get more items. They did slowly stop over time but instead of having the crap we have under the NA control, we were treated to events which came with little mini-map games which were fun. things like smashing pumpkins event, check the link out for it this was fun, it was entertaining, we got items like tops pants and of course hats. we had a chance of getting the grim reaper set which was nice and people actually got it not a 000000000000.1% chance there were a fair few flying around at the time. other maps include of course the snowballing event for Xmas which if I'm right NA never gave us since the merge. check the link. Vindictus EU snowballing event.
Just watching these videos makes me all nostalgic and missing these sort of events. Even things like smashing items for keys seem to have stopped and all we're getting now are Raid events or afk events and I'm sick and tired of the same ****. it is just pure laziness or maybe the game has passed and its just too much hassle for the mods to implement these now, I don't know but people are bored of raiding constantly, every day is the same thing and people are leaving or taking breaks because of how boring it can be.

everything now is a raid, you cant obtain anything decent from smaller maps. you cant farm titles because you are limited so that's kinda lame, you farm larger runs and you might get a solid chunk or smooth which is cheapish nowadays. you do raids and you stuck doing the same bosses each day time in time out there is no choice, no variety, and its just boring people.
  1. Who here wants mapped events like the ones i've linked??15 votes
    1. Yes
       53% (8 votes)
    2. No
       20% (3 votes)
    3. Im bored of raids and would like to see something else.
       27% (4 votes)

Comments

• NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    I agree, these "do 100+ s3 raids" events are very boring to do. Wish there was some creativiy, even if it was copy paste, like a raid where regina and succu team together, or clearing some waves of monster in siege map, or defending seanna from some monsters, and lots of other possibilities.

I can expect when Seiren comes out, the event will be "kill Seiren to obtain Seiren coupon, use them to buy stuff! 1 damascus = 10 coupons, limited to 3 per character, rest of items are trash"
    BownerLoLoBooty
  • BownerBowner
    as a side note, I would like to add the kind of drops we used to get on the EU server before the merge. we used to get items like unbind pots which we do not get at all anymore, we used to get enhancement and enchantment stones, we get 1 maybe now and then, we used to get tradeable ampules, in fact almost everything we got from the events were tradeable, fusion runes used to be the worst drop, now we tend to get elixirs or hp pots. like it seems we're being screwed by NA control compared to EU. I don't know if NA has always been this boring and stinge but the EU wasn't.
  • AeledingAeleding
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Welcome to NA, where the bots reign supreme and you just need to buy gold to get what you want +cold
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    FYI NA also used to get the same exact events... All events are now whatever HQ decides we get, so don't blame the merge on bound/expiring/run 10x raids per day or worse events.

That said they have decided we need 2-3 events at a given time, but none of them have the wow factor they used to, because +11 means basically nothing anymore.
    Icygoddess
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    They have a ton of random seasonal event maps they can swap in over the years if making new content is the problem. It just seems they are completely tunnel-visioned on gacha cosmetics, raid bosses and new characters over in kr.
    BownerLoLoBooty
  • BownerBowner
    Emerthyst wrote: »
    They have a ton of random seasonal event maps they can swap in over the years if making new content is the problem. It just seems they are completely tunnel-visioned on gacha cosmetics, raid bosses and new characters over in kr.

totally agree. its borderline laziness and we don't even get a reason why. how hard is it to activate an old event and map? not hard at all
  • SixthSixth
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    edited August 20, 2019
    Bowner wrote: »
    how hard is it to activate an old event and map? not hard at all

They keep old maps and bosses for "future content", can't waste em on events like that. :D
    LoLoBooty
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    While the variation and creativity is certainly worse I think what stands out more is how they've increased the effort required to acquire an item and it just isn't worth the effort anymore.

The current bingo event is a perfect summary of how events have evolved for the worse. You can complete the board once. To do this you have two weeks to complete 55 to 90 raids PER character depending on 1. RNG and 2. your board clear strategy. This does not include an additional 20 raids per character if you want the 2 titles.

2015:
    http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/2263/monster-bingo-event
    2018:
    http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/25227/bingo-on-time-event
    2019:
    http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/52326/summer-raid-bingo-event

===
    Event evolution
    Example: Old Days >> 2 years ago >> Current Situation

Binding Level: None >> Bind Level 2/Bind Level 3 --OR-- Tradeable across characters >> Permabound to character
    Daily Limit: None >> 5 per day >> 10 per week
    Event Duration: 1 month >> Two weeks
    Event Effort: Login or 1 run per ticket/3 per prize exchange >> Complete daily missions or 5 runs per ticket / 15 per prize exchange >> 25 raids / 5 tickets (1 bingo) per prize exchange
    Prize Expiration: None >> 2 months >> At event end
    Prize Redemption Restrictions: Unlimited >> 1 per character >> 1 per account
    Primary Prize Quality: Full Outfitter >> Single Outfit Piece >> Single Outfit piece from old event
    Secondary Prize Quality: NX Items/Runes >> Scrolls/Mats/Runes/Dyes >> Junk Consumables/Unstable Runes
    Replay event after completion during event duration?: Yes (~5 times) >> Yes (~3 times) >> No (1 time)
    PrototypemindBownermere0ries
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    edited November 21, 2019
    Following up on my last comment Nexon has made events even worse:
    1) The Belle bit event which limits event drops to dungeons only within 5 levels of your level (For maxed players it becomes raids only to participate. For new characters going through story around level 35 you no longer get bits either because you level up much faster then the story)
    2) The worst iteration yet of the Gallagher's Dice event: 2 week only event and the board is rigged making it impossible to get "Junk Boxes". With 15 chars I've gotten 0 boxes so far and same results for other guild members who frequently play. Lame.
    mere0ries
  • ElynsaElynsa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,565
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    2) The worst iteration yet of the Gallagher's Dice event: 2 week only event and the board is rigged making it impossible to get "Junk Boxes". With 15 chars I've gotten 0 boxes so far and same results for other guild members who frequently play. Lame.

I just rolled 45 dice and got one junk box on the last roll. While I agree it feels and likely is rigged, it's not impossible to get Junk Boxes.

pvrxhbd.jpg
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    edited November 25, 2019
    They probably made it so low because you're given 8 dices for free on all characters, still its no excuse because we had much better events like this in the past, like one that gave 5+ quality boost coupons or another that gave 20+ 7-day vip capsules...
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    If I got the math right there should be 1 in 6 chance to get the junk box (normal or special). So in average once in every 6 spins you should get one of the junk boxes (on every spin there is 1/6 chance). Idk why nexon needs to implement special RNG just to make sure you won't get those junk boxes that easily....