[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Fiona bug? (PLEASE HELP)

BaikouBaikou
Vindictus Rep: 800
edited October 20, 2019 in Fiona
I'm wondering if anybody else is having this problem. Whenever I play with Fiona(Longsword/Small shield), I often have times where I'm unable to do certain skills. Even when I know for certain I have more than enough SP, and they aren't on cooldown, my skills just wont come out. This only happens when I play Fiona, and it doesn't matter whether I use a hotkey on my controller, or if I press the corresponding number on my keyboard manually. I don't play Hammer or Large Shield, so I don't know how those skills are acting, but it's pretty consistent while playing LSword. Here's a list of skills that I'm having issues with:

Skills that consistently work:
Shield Bash
Shield Dash
Slashing High
*Focal Point(Activation off extensions only)

Skills that "lock up":
Shield Enhancement
Shield Charge
*Focal Point(Hotkey activation)
Crushing Assault

As mentioned before, I only use LSword and Small Shield, and I don't use Taunt, so I can't speak for any of her other skills. It happens quite frequently, whether or not I'm actually fighting something or not. It even happened during the small part of the story when you play as Caera, applying to the same skills. I also tried switching skill slots, and it had no effect. The only way I've found that seems to mitigate this from happening is to use Shield Bash. In most cases, as long as I'm steadily using Shield Bash, I can continue using the other skills, otherwise they stay "locked up" for what seems to be an unprecedented amount of time. My Fiona is actually a pretty old character, but I just recently picked her back up to get caught up with my main character. This used to never happen, and it's discouraging my drive to play with her. If anyone can help with this, it'd be very much appreciated.

Comments

• PhaliantPhaliant
    Vindictus Rep: 1,560
    Are you playing with the same internet connection in every battle you did ? What's your speed stat ?

If I think about something else i'll ask but for now I can only guess it's either latency/delay , unresponsiveness from your own Computer or just a lack of Speed.
  • TradespotTradespot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    I played another game where you could activate and chain any skill instantly.Sometime in Vindictus,some characters forces me to wait for a movement animation to be completed,in order to be able to activate certain skills.

*Sheild dash* bugs for me if i don't cancel my smashes animation,with heavy stander before pressing it in the hotkeys for example.Lag doesn't help with that either.You might have to memorize wich skills requires you to wait before activating or wich animations you could cancel with heavy stander,before you press your hotkey skills.

I have odd occurences with Sylas and Miul as well.Getting hit throught *I-Frame nuke skills* or having the right click interface not responding properly.But it's dependant on the host most of the time.

You might be someone who types combinations very quick.Sometime you have to learn to slow down a little depending on the host condition or your own host capacity.
  • BaikouBaikou
    Phaliant wrote: »
    Are you playing with the same internet connection in every battle you did ? What's your speed stat ?

If I think about something else i'll ask but for now I can only guess it's either latency/delay , unresponsiveness from your own Computer or just a lack of Speed.

I've played in 4 different connection speeds. My own at 250 mps, but I recently switched to 150 mps, my friend's who's at 70 mps(I think), and at work, which is admittedly trash. However, I don't see this being a factor otherwise I'd see this happen with my other chars as well. Fiona is the only char this happens with. Every other char plays perfectly fine.
  • BaikouBaikou
    Tradespot wrote: »
    I played another game where you could activate and chain any skill instantly.Sometime in Vindictus,some characters forces me to wait for a movement animation to be completed,in order to be able to activate certain skills.

*Sheild dash* bugs for me if i don't cancel my smashes animation,with heavy stander before pressing it in the hotkeys for example.Lag doesn't help with that either.You might have to memorize wich skills requires you to wait before activating or wich animations you could cancel with heavy stander,before you press your hotkey skills.

I have odd occurences with Sylas and Miul as well.Getting hit throught *I-Frame nuke skills* or having the right click interface not responding properly.But it's dependant on the host most of the time.

You might be someone who types combinations very quick.Sometime you have to learn to slow down a little depending on the host condition or your own host capacity.

I'm fully aware of what skills she's able to cancel out of and into at any given moment. I used to play her a long time ago, and I'm going through pretty much the same rotations. Also, when these skills lock up, I can even be standing perfectly still, not performing any actions, and the skills still wont come out.
  • PhaliantPhaliant
    Vindictus Rep: 1,560
    Also I meant the Speed stas of your character,

Anyway, you probably should send a ticket to support if none of our answers solve your issue or are not helpful.
  • BaikouBaikou
    Found a solution! I'm kinda mad I didn't think of this before, but after seeing I was definitely the only one having this problem, I thought maybe I'd do a reinstall. I did just a repair install in hopes I wouldn't have to do a full reinstall, and the lock up hasn't happened again since. So I'm good now, but thanks for your time anyway guys.