[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

How the flip do u escape pestis' grab???

ThePharaohThePharaoh
Vindictus Rep: 1,890
edited November 2, 2016 in Battle Quests and Guides
I spammed my grab key real hard and I still haven't discovered the title... is it special positioning or something? Or my be my low frame makes any difference???
Nerf this abomination please

I even set a second grab button and spam both like a mad man but no result

Comments

• QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    I find that spamming your grab button as Pestis is winding up his animation helps escape his grab. As soon as he starts glowing/flashing red, start spamming your grab button. This is before he even picks you up.
  • ThePharaohThePharaoh
    edited November 3, 2016
    i tried that too, still didnt work
  • TheGreatCreidneTheGreatCreidne
    Vindictus Rep: 2,655

I just spammed grab as fast as I could after he grabbed me. Worked every time until I got the title. Now I can't escape while doing the same thing I did before. Doesn't make any sense.

• dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Have you tried to solo him? I found it easier to break free of his grab when you're soloing him although, you have to spam E like there's no tomorrow.
  • ThePharaohThePharaoh
    yeah i solo'd, maybe frame issue? i still have pretty low frame in solo x_x
  • SAXSAX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,605
    maybe you need a macro to bypass the frame rate
  • BlawrghBlawrgh
    Vindictus Rep: 5,355
    How exactly fast are you spamming grab?
    I never had an issue with Pestis's grab even when duoing and/or with ~10 FPS

I just random google searched a click test and this is how fast I can click
    ThePharaoh
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Depending on what control set up you use, you spam that [grab] key like there is no tomorrow. If you don't see your health going down as you are spamming, then eventually you will break free from his grasp. However, if even your health goes down at the last second, then Pestis will still slam you to the ground to deal massive damage.

Upon breaking free from his grasp, your stamina will drain to 0, and he will be briefly stunned. He will start to attack again once your stamina starts to recover. During your 0 stamina state, you can use this opportunity to use any buff potions, or healing potions as well if your health gets too low.

In further inspection, it turns out that the spamming registration is actually affected by frame rate. If I may ask to the OP, how many frames per second do you get, even in the lowest setting?
  • ThePharaohThePharaoh
    edited November 3, 2016
    Blawrgh
    Blawrgh said:

woooow 13 per sec wth lol... im doing 6-7
  • TannakraTannakra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,325
    i would love to know this too....
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    It might work like the SG siren debuffs where if you press a second button it resets your progress towards removing the debuff, the grab in this case.

I have only ever escaped the grab using the locked arm twitching method of button mashing, it must be a really high number of presses unless there's some trick to pacing it. "E GRAB COMBO" isn't a very helpful hint from the game, lol.
  • BlawrghBlawrgh
    Vindictus Rep: 5,355
    @Noburo

Yeah, that's how I got my title by twitching my arm like crazy to button mash o u o
  • RakushuRakushu
    Vindictus Rep: 2,125
    I farmed the ninja reflexes recently.
    I accidentally discovered that you need to start to spam "E" as soon as you see the red animation (assuming he was going to you)
    In evie case, as soon as I see his red animation, I just flying sparrow to him and started spam "E"
    As long as you started to spam "E" before he actually catches you, it will work.
    There is no pacing or interval on the spamming. You don't really need to hit the keyboard that hard...
    The key is, as long as you started to spam "E" before he actually catches you, you will get a different animation where he will release you
  • ArmageddalArmageddal
    Vindictus Rep: 940
    edited November 16, 2016
    I can get out of it, just barely, when I start mashing once I've been grabbed. I don't know how many taps I can do per second, but it's not THAT many. If it was, I'd be way better at doing jack streams on FlashFlashRevolution... I really suck at those.
  • TradespotTradespot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    edited November 17, 2016
    Blawrgh
    Blawrgh said:

Wth dude,rlly?
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Spam your grab key as if you intend to break it in 5 seconds. I'm not even joking......
    Portals
  • TannakraTannakra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,325
    탱크블레이드

Spam your grab key as if you intend to break it in 5 seconds. I'm not even joking......
    but that doesnt work..... i have literally never got it to work and i pressed it like 100 times in 4 seconds lol
    ThePharaoh
  • NiburuNiburu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    edited November 25, 2016
    I got mine by spamming the EVER LOVING SHIAT out of my grab key "E". Its best to try and escape every time because you probably wont lol. Its what i did to try and get all the titles for Lochlann and here i am <333