[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Advice on how to fix my computer

JessGameJessGame
Vindictus Rep: 1,870
in Off Topic Discussion
My system:

-AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six Core Processor 3,5 GHZ
-RAM: 16 GO
-NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960
-Hard drive (931 GO)
-Windows 7(yes i know that the support ends soon i will eventually replace it)
Problem:

-I am entirely sure that i probably have 450 GO of actual data installed on my computer maximum
-Seems like there is some type of corruption on my Hard drive,wich makes it loose space every now and than
-When i do a clean up of the drive,it indicates(error reports,about 300+GO),but when i actully click to delete all the files to be selected,it deletes everything except those error reports.
-I have basically been running with around 0 and 30 GB for a while now

-My work schedule makes it a little inconveniant to leave my PC to a computer shop and i would prefer repairing it myself.
Solution?

-Make a back up of your system,buy new hard drive and re-install or(no,you might end up reinstalling the corruption or whatever that is on the new Hard Drive)
Advice

-I am not looking for the best of the best performance as of right now,but i would like to record and play without no major problem as i would like to keep my current PC for at least a year before considering getting a new one.I already play on low graphics and i don't mind not being able to host raids until i get my new PC.

-Based on the linked videos,i would like to know if it's worth it to also get a SSD drive(480 GB) and run Vindictus on it.Or for that matter,should i consider using 2 SSD instead of re-buying a hard drive and would 2 SSD(480GB each) be enough to take everything.

-Or,is there a way that i overlooked to actully fix my current Hard drive from the corruption.

-Or whatever solution would be the best
Last upload,with some parts where i have major lag:

Regular upload with decent quality i guess:

Both uploads are from the same computer,1st was quite recent and the second is from December 28th 2017

Thx
    No results for this poll

Comments

• JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    Nvm that

I have been using Avast as security since i got this computer and never refreshed the license.The program could detect the problems,but not clean them since i didn't pay for the license after it expired.

I simply downloaded C Cleaner professional for a 14 days free trial.It detected a lot of trackers and i indeed had about 800+ GB of files to be cleaned.Now my PC is at 813 GB free space out of 931 GB.
    I usually use right click on the hard drive icon and use that sort of cleaning method,but it never succeeded to remove the problematic files,that's why i end up thinking there was a major problem with my Drive.