[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus will not run on Windows Pro N

ArdowArdow
Vindictus Rep: 310
in Tech Support
Hi, i tried downloading and play vindictus but it will not launch, before i get into the problem here is a list of things if tried.

-Launching as an admin
-Downloading and trying to launch it from steam
-Verifying integrity via steam and the launching it.
-Seperatly downloaded the missing files and dragged it into the vindictus game folder (turns out they were already there, vindictus just cant acess them)

Now after all my research it turns out vindictus will not launch on Windows 10 PRO N version (the version i run) i've looked at over 10+ forum posts, steam posts and so on and every person who has had the same error as me is running Windows 10 PRO N

So, the error: When i try to launch vindictus it doesnt start up, no black window, nothing then theese two errors pop up:

https://i.imgur.com/C79SCLF.png

https://i.imgur.com/96ss8Ir.png

Both of theese have valve in the dll name so i thought i just had to download it through steam. Nope...
Can anyone run Vindictus on 10 PRO N?
Icygoddess

Comments

• IcygoddessIcygoddess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    Got the same issue here (but not same outcome), I can't launch the game anymore since the last Windows 10 update (using Win 10 Pro).

Basically, PC runs totally fine when I don't open Vindictus, but when I do, takes a minute or two until my monitors start to stutter, and game never makes it to the main menu (Didn't wait more than an hour at that point, not gonna wait longer and hope it didn't crash).

And bad thing is, I can't revert to last update...
  • IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    it wont open for me either, but im getting the EXCEPTION_BREAKPOINT notice
  • IcygoddessIcygoddess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    Decided to re-install Windows 10 Version 1809 (October 2018 version) to get off the 1903 version, most likely to be the cause of this. I can run the game now.
  • IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    got on after the 5th try the other day. and yesterday, it wasnt doing anything, so i ran it again. but you cant run two instances at once. so i killed the process in task manager. ran it again and it worked.
  • SkyyeSkyye
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Hello, I've had this issue awhile back when I was installing Vindictus on a Windows N Pro Version. To fix, you will have to download the Windows Media Pack since the "N" Version doesn't come with the Media pack.
  • SkyyeSkyye
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Hello, I've had this issue awhile back when I was installing Vindictus on a Windows N Pro Version. To fix, you will have to download the Windows Media Pack since the "N" Version doesn't come with the Media pack.