[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Update v2.54 Evie's new ugly face

JamesGrossJamesGross
Vindictus Rep: 2,600
in General Discussion
Is it just me or does Evie's new face looks HORRENDOUS. Whoever updated it must be blind.....

20190329152154734.jpg
PhoebeHalliwelDaftFelix

Comments

• DrustanDrustan
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    Been praying for months that this wouldn't be implemented. Logged in to see what the damage was, got nauseous and logged out.

Why did they think it was ok to just change the face of a character we've been playing with for 8 years now?

As a Vindictus addict this is beyond the point of depressing and insulting.

I know there are gonna be some people who are gonna try to minimize this, but I've been playing with Evie for 8 years at 5-7 days a week. For her to suddenly turn into a different person is ...
    PhoebeHalliwel
  • FioGermiFioGermi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,670
    JydG36s.jpg

It isn't just you. I don't know how anyone can consider this an "improvement." Whether this was done to avoid a lawsuit or to match her reference model's current appearance, it looks terrible overall.
    PhoebeHalliwelDaftFelix
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    #EvieWasAlreadyBeautiful

But my dudes and dudettes, I went through this during the Fiona face lift a while back. It feels weird at first that she has a different face, but you will eventually get used to and possibly even start to like the new face. Even if she does look like a 13 year old anime character who has to breathe through her mouth or she'll pass out.
    PhoebeHalliwelDaftFelix
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    I felt the same way when they changed Lann and Fiona's face way back when. I thought I would dump my Lann b/c he would never look the same. But then I realized and asked myself; how often do I look at my own character's face? Not often enough to keep caring about a change that I'll only notice briefly during boat introductions.
    Amenari
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    What pisses me off the most is why they darkened her sclera in her eyes. Evie is supposed to have bright eyes!
    DaftFelix
  • BastilazBastilaz
    Vindictus Rep: 620
    It feels like Evie had plastic surgery and you can tell from the nose
    PhoebeHalliwelDaftFelix
  • assassin56assassin56
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    Definitely not a fan of this change. Instead of giving us options for face sliders or something they just force these obviously sensitive changes down people's throats. It's uncalled for and all we can hope for is a revert and or actual detailed customization for our characters (if they ever decide to that).

At least change the nose back, it really bugs me.
    PhoebeHalliwelDaftFelix
  • AntiFascistMilitantAntiFascistMilitant
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    fapfapfapfap
  • DrustanDrustan
    Not sure if there is something like a legal likeness lawsuit(and definitely not 10 years after the game launched). That's why the whole deepfake thing is such a big problem. So I have no idea why they did this.

Also about the whole "which face is more pretty" discussion (here and in Kr), I don't care. For me this isn't about which face is most beautiful. I've been logging in and been greeted by the same character for 8 years, so for me this is about not suddenly seeing a stranger where my Evie is supposed to be.

The whole Fiona (& appearantly Lann too) story is making even worse because it just shows they are unlikely to listen to the players.

For now I guess I'll stop playing for the first time since beta and keep an hopefull eye on the forum&homepage
    PhoebeHalliwel
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Whoever said: I don't think I look at my character's face that much.

Meanwhile me during boat intro load screen:...

5w0p6ueutoajlofh3v9wv17zbehxwr.jpg
    CloakshirePhoebeHalliwel
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    JamesGross wrote: »
    Whoever said: I don't think I look at my character's face that much.

Meanwhile me during boat intro load screen:...

5w0p6ueutoajlofh3v9wv17zbehxwr.jpg

That legitimately made me bust out laughing.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Evie's new face reflects the current Korean standard of beauty and obsession with cosmetic surgery. I'd be willing to bet the Korean reception to Evie's new face was the opposite of ours.
    BabyDaniDaftFelix
  • BOK_CHOIBOK_CHOI
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    edited August 2, 2019
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    Evie's new face reflects the current Korean standard of beauty and obsession with cosmetic surgery. I'd be willing to bet the Korean reception to Evie's new face was the opposite of ours.

They indeed have been crying for Evie's face revamp for a while, but their reactions when the change first arrived to Kr server seemed to be split pretty evenly 50/50.

Kr playerbase has also been complaining a lot about Vella's face, and here's me hoping that they just PLEASE leave her alone, haha.
    LoLoBooty
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    I can honestly say the only one that had a somewhat positive feedback on face swap was or is Lann.
  • ScheherazadeScheherazade
    Vindictus Rep: 2,660
    edited August 3, 2019
    Go17jyU.png
    Crooked eyebrows!
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    Those of you who dont see the difference just aren't looking or are in denial.
    Those who say shes ugly before or after are both wrong.
    I was fine with the old face, but i really like the new face - that nose is a definite improvement
  • DrustanDrustan
    Rizzle wrote: »
    Those who say shes ugly before or after are both wrong.

You are right, that just depends on taste. You can basically change her face into whatever and you'll still find someone who likes it more.

What bothers me is that I got used to Evie's face so now that they changed it her identity is gone. It's like they would replace a(n) (voice)actor in a movie/serie. It really bothers me because it takes away the credibility of the story.

They bothered making a lot of backstories and restricting genders, appearances & weapons to make the character feel real and unique, only to throw that out of the window because Evie looked to much like a real persons instead of the new Korean beauty standards (at least that's what people are speculating).

Also why has nobody mentioned her missing chin yet?
  • PoppyBrosJrPoppyBrosJr
    Vindictus Rep: 1,125
    When your game is dying and instead of making new content you just remodel an old female character's face for no reason.
  • PifiPifi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    Regardless of whether or not you like her new face, it was a piss poor decision to change it. Many people have been playing her because they like how she looked. It was a cheap blow to those people. One guildie who is a super loyal player btw, was so shamed of it, she was wearing a full helm with a mask over it. That it doesn't bother me (or anyone else) as much personally, is irrelevant.

But then having everyone have the exact same face was a piss poor decision to begin with, and the best change they could make to this game imo is to give us some options to have a unique looking character.

And don't even start with the whole: she's a character, not a class thing. That too was a piss poor decision for an MMO. That's fine for a single player game, but why would you even want 10,000 characters on the same server who are all identical in the first place? It's silly at best. The back story for the character still works just as well regardless of their faces.

I would hail this as a great improvement IF they had just made it an option, not forced us to accept a change that many who loved her previous face will obviously hate. I am not hating her new face as much as I feared personally, she's still cute, but I definitely prefer her old face. It was kinder and less plastic looking imo.
  • VallestiVallesti
    Vindictus Rep: 1,120
    edited August 14, 2019
    I've been maining Evie since 2010 and I can say I'm disappointed in her face revamp. I don't really have a problem with everything else, but her new eyes. It just ,somehow to me anyways, makes her look like a completely different person. She definitely looks more Asian, but with a more Caucasian looking eyes.
    They're brighter.
    With her old face she looks or feels kinder. Her new face looks like she's slightly related to King Joffrey from Game of Thrones.
    Idk.
    Gonna have to invest in another Appearance Alteration Coupon to make some adjustments.
    Akimbojoe