[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[Deleted]

eliteIncenseeliteIncense
Vindictus Rep: 520
edited August 12, 2019 in General Discussion
[Deleted]
2edgy4uMochaAddict94

Comments

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited July 30, 2019
    In all honestly, you don't strike me as someone who spent much time at all with Vindictus. Either you're a new player drawing very quick conclusions, or your someone's forum alt which can be ascertained by your "Basic A" forum account with only one post. Whichever you are, I do believe you are quite literally talking out of your ass for a good portion of your post.
    GhengisJohn
  • FioGermiFioGermi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,670
    Food analogy.
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    edited July 31, 2019
    While yes Vindy does employ many of the trappings of a typical looter dungeon crawler i wouldn't call it overly pressuring you towards the micro transactions. The people who believe it does have not done enough research into alternative means to achieve the same goal or do not enjoy the grind which is pretty much the point of Korean mmos outside of the gameplay. In fact over the past year I'd say they have lessened the pressure to spend in the cash shop with the additions of purchasable lv95 weps and armor +13 stones in the seal shop, reforging for guaranteed +15 eventually with grind and growth rewards that are substantial enough to get you started. Events often handing out paid runes regularly and the yearly max +15 coupon becoming bi or tri-yearly.
    2edgy4u
  • eliteIncenseeliteIncense
    edited August 12, 2019
    [Deleted]
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    @Cloakshire I respectfully disagree. :)

I suspect you're someone who had some action taken against them and is feeling spiteful.
    edited August 12, 2019
    [Deleted]
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Never had the temptation to spend real money in this game. The NX shop is awful, with very high pricess for items that are available ingame, and the most bought item being RNG boxes.
    I also don't agree with the way you treat free to plays. For me they are an additional challenge, being able to be on par with people that spend hundreds of euros without doing so. A game where everyone is on the same level (pay to play) becomes boring for me after a few hundred hours because I hit the caps very quick.

If only the NX shop wasn't that awful, I would spend some money but just because I like the game and want to support it. One thing they should sell is each new avatar as fused armor, lets say a tieve fused armor for 10k NX. Being fused armor, you can only use 1 costume at once, and also breaks during fight and gets dust when dura is lower, and you need 5 fusion runes, so its clearly a worse version that they could sell without RNG.

However there's f2p with overpowered shops like items that increases your damage by +50%, to the point that they become unplayable if you don't spend, so considering that Vindictus is in a good spot for a f2p.
  • SixthSixth
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    So much text for... what exactly?
    You are talking as if it would be a major sin to buy anything. It is not.
    Buy NX items if you want to, don't buy if you don't want to. No one needs a giant wall of text to use their brain to make their own decisions.
    Returner9
  • MochaAddict94MochaAddict94
    Vindictus Rep: 530
    I don't understand people. You're just trying to give some advice and they all get so offended and whatnot. Nowhere did you say to anyone that they're forced to view your way and follow your rules.
    Personally, I think your post is helpful and a good pointer to new players. I myself have experienced this "addiction" that you mention, which is why I've stopped playing for a bit. I can understand if other people don't mind investing their money into the game it's their business. If they can afford their habits, that's good . But for others out there that need a warning, I can see this post helping with that.
    Also, I appreciate you putting in your time in making this post.
    Icygoddess2edgy4u
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    How to Avoid the Temptation to Spend Money on Vindictus?

Just follow one easy rule:
    Don't buy anything for 1 month after nexon screws up...

And you can be sure you won't spend any money on Vindi again.
    MadcobraPrototypemind
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    edited July 31, 2019
    I don't understand people. You're just trying to give some advice and they all get so offended and whatnot. Nowhere did you say to anyone that they're forced to view your way and follow your rules.
    Personally, I think your post is helpful and a good pointer to new players. I myself have experienced this "addiction" that you mention, which is why I've stopped playing for a bit. I can understand if other people don't mind investing their money into the game it's their business. If they can afford their habits, that's good . But for others out there that need a warning, I can see this post helping with that.
    Also, I appreciate you putting in your time in making this post.

Thanks for agreeing with the 1 post person, other 1 post person. But the fact you both started this thread with one post makes me think you're a sock puppet.
    TheDazzling
    edited August 12, 2019
    [Deleted]
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Honestly If people wants to spend money and support the game let them (How the hell else the game stays alive?). Yes it is good to be smart with your money. But don't tell people they can't or shouldn't spend their money the way they want to.