[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Heroine Inner textures

ElusiveDawnElusiveDawn
Vindictus Rep: 1,530
edited June 16, 2019 in General Discussion
Anyone know what's causing this, or is it just simply the difference in graphic cards

PcBvcel.jpg
GhengisJohn

Comments

• ElusiveDawnElusiveDawn
    bot spamssss
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    I'm pretty sure it's just the difference in GPU. I remember siglint's lightning circles as well as beokros's ice wall had differing looks dependant on which card you were using.
    ElusiveDawn
  • ElusiveDawnElusiveDawn
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's just the difference in GPU. I remember siglint's lightning circles as well as beokros's ice wall had differing looks dependant on which card you were using.

Well that sucks then. Looks like I need a new GPU.
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    So... which one gives the intended look and which card is wrong?
  • NippyKindLangurNippyKindLangur
    Vindictus Rep: 765
    Yagamin wrote: »

Not sure about intended but an image search of "black pantyhose" on Bing shows that the underneath skin shows through the pantyhose like in the AMD image but I think Steam hardware survey shows most people use Nvidia so I guess it's less about what was intended and more about are you choosing your look for yourself to see or do you choose based on what you want others to see? If you choose based on what you want to appear to everyone else, then you choose as if you have Nvidia card even if you don't.
  • Returner9Returner9
    Vindictus Rep: 1,025

First of all, that's not the "intended color" of Heroine Inner. The default color of this inner is the dark brown to the left and Nvidia displays it as it should be displayed, which looks like the AMD one in the screenshot above. So the AMD one is wrong.
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    edited June 19, 2019
    Returner9 wrote: »

First of all, that's not the "intended color" of Heroine Inner. The default color of this inner is the dark brown to the left and Nvidia displays it as it should be displayed, which looks like the AMD one in the screenshot above. So the AMD one is wrong.

I'd like to say that you seem unreasonably offended but this is how I see the first part of succubus queen on my AMD card:
    1OPGFMW.jpg
    TH71i8L.jpg

So who am I to argue?

Of course it wasn't always this way. This happened after some patch but unfortunately I don't remember which patch it was. The second part of the fight looks perfectly normal btw.

pAAeNQR.jpg

Just in case anyone's curious what this looks like in motion, here you go:

As you might imagine with 4 players and their multitude of reflections, and effects and the multiple reflections of those effects things can get pretty unpleasant and hard to decipher pretty quickly. It has even made me nauseous on occasion. Which is a shame because this was (and other than this annoying glitch still is) one of my favorite battles. If Nexon could fix this it would be appreciated but I doubt that they will. I wrote them about it right away but to be fair, I didn't have a video back then.

In any event, yeah. I don't think they really care all that much about the owners of AMD video cards.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    I recall the inner part being a thing already few years back.

For the succubus queen room thing - I have Nvidia card and same thing started happening at some point, reducing visibility. I think that one is just a bug.
    GhengisJohn