[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

ENGINE ERROR (started since recent neahmin patch)

X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
Vindictus Rep: 1,795
edited January 21, 2017 in Bug Reporting
Alert box popup showing Global Memory Allocation Failure and large negative number. Causes game to get stuck then crash. Never got this bug before most recent patch/update (neahmin). Happening on semi-regular basis. occurs right at start of loading game/logging in.
Tried re-installing game, still getting error.

GtGyhgW.png

Comments

• BloudenBlouden
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    edited January 22, 2017
    This error in 100% of cases so far is produced by having a 32-bit operating system or RAM less than 3 GB. Before I managed to find a solution but with the following updates did not work well, I do not know if now it works:

(Run as administrator: cmd) Put the same text as in the picture and Enter
    i1593519137.jpg
    After restart operating system

(Again) Put the same text as in the picture and Enter
    i2728899916.png
    After restart operating system

source: http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=2028&l=27770
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    I have 64bit OS and 8GB Ram - still getting error.
  • TheDestroyerTheDestroyer
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    im getting the same error. i think i only experienced this when just loading into dungeon and in the middle of it.
    64 bit 8 gb of ram here.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    edited January 23, 2017
    It seems to pop up every couple days now as opposed to everyday, still annoying when it happens. Also, I've also been experiencing a sudden crash of game, and when I reload game this same bug pops up. Only way to get game to boot is to restart computer. This is some serious programming error with dynamic memory and needs to get fixed pronto.
    Besides this avenue, is there another offical way to report bugs like this? I can provide more detailed dump files if necessary, etc.
    Barabe
  • BarabeBarabe
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    @X1Guts1X i got same issue do you fix it ?
  • LazutLazut
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    It worked on me, windows 7 32 bits, 4gb ram(3.25gb ram because 32bits limit)

thanks, now i can play without getting this error
  • IcygoddessIcygoddess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    Boop

Started happening on my side, since the Wardrobe Update (June 4th), got Windows 10 64-bit, 16 gb ram.

And that got me a 30 min Onslaught ban... :(

zK66SfI.png
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited June 9, 2019
    This is indeed happening more often recently from what I can tell by community reports. Happened to me twice recently, and let me elaborate on it:
    * The first time I played some battles beforehand (including royals) and possibly had a lot stuff running in background
    * Second time was just 2 evening ago - I ran demanding software in background, which reserved a bit of memory and hard drive space (other than the game uses)

My suggestion here is to turn off unneeded background programs and restart the game before going Onslaught as safety steps. For those with low-end rig, like the main post - I'd suggest switching to displaying others in robes only or/and limit amount of people displayed in town.
  • IcygoddessIcygoddess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    edited July 6, 2019
    Update :

Still happening, I don't open anything else than what I usually open when I play (Music player, Firefox), and it happens after hours being opened.

And I'm up to my 4th OS ban. :)

Edit: I only needed to play 6 OS rounds to get the error. That is, restarting game before playing OS, 6 games, and got the error (while leaving OS game luckily)... so massive memory leak in OS?