[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Guide to Blute Lynn

AltairShadowAltairShadow
Vindictus Rep: 915
edited August 29, 2018 in Lynn
Hello! I've been playing Blute Lynn since the day it was released and wrote up a guide based on observations I've made since then.

It contains info about:
- The Qi Bar
- Combos & Actives
- Dodging
- Skill Ranking Priority
- Tips & Tricks
- and more

I tried to keep it interesting for all Lynn players, new and experienced alike. My Lynn's name is RikkuShadow on the NA server - please feel free to let me know if there is anything I can add.

Hope it helps!

Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eDcZRec48ZhWvBEFpA2sGahaJP7MHfYe03TnOGJ4kRM/edit
LillieVirideRiceMonsterHailwicAngelYukkiLunavierPrototypemindAeropueIcyzPiracy

Comments

• RiceMonsterRiceMonster
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    Your guide is very detailed and comprehensible. A new umbrella player would learn a lot from this.
    AltairShadow
  • HailwicHailwic
    Vindictus Rep: 720
    edited November 29, 2018
    Just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your hard work.

Thank you!
    AltairShadow
  • AeropueAeropue
    Vindictus Rep: 1,005
    hi rikku im your biggest fan
    AltairShadow
  • IcyzIcyz
    Vindictus Rep: 1,030
    Hi, I am an old Lynn player but noob with Blute.

Your guide is helping me a lot getting a faster grasp of the combat with this weapon as I would by myself. Thanks a lot for that,

Also, you never mention the combination LLLLRL I love the animation of this combo but it does feel really crappy.
    There is no description about it and The last L needs SP to be used but I don't even know which skill it is in the end :s

Thanks again for the guide :)
  • AltairShadowAltairShadow
    edited March 15, 2019
    Icyz - Glad it's helping! About LLLLRL, I didn't mention it in its own section, but it was included in the bottom-left of the combo-tree in page 4 "Combos & Active Skills".
  • AlitaelAlitael
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    edited May 7, 2019
    Using your guide to a question.
    Decided to get back on my Lynn and try the Bshade but im having some issue with the combo;
    i'm unable to do Spiked Ferule or Full Tilt Canopy anytime i have the prompt for them, do you need
    to do something in particular for them aside the prompt or holding R?
  • AltairShadowAltairShadow
    Alitael - the Q or E buffs work by empowering the next attack, it doesn't happen by itself after pressing E or Q. You don't need to hold R.

For example, if you input LLLR, there will be a prompt for Q and E if you have at least 1 Qi (or have Flower Power active). Immediately when the prompt appears, press E and then R and that last spinning kick will be empowered, showing yellow damage numbers. It works the same way if you want Q instead of E (it just won't show yellow numbers).

If you're still leveling, make sure you've learned the 2nd smash skills too - these are the smashes that Spiked Ferule & Full Tilt Canopy are applied to (Bloom Storm, Fight and Flight, the [Active] skills, etc.)
  • TrueBlueTrueBlue
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    The best Blute tech is to equip a glaive.
  • TrueBlueTrueBlue
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    The best Blute tech is to equip a glaive
  • IcyzIcyz
    Vindictus Rep: 1,030
    Hi, I am an old Lynn player but noob with Blute.

Your guide is helping me a lot getting a faster grasp of the combat with this weapon as I would by myself. Thanks a lot for that,

Also, you never mention the combination LLLLRL I love the animation of this combo but it does feel really crappy.
    There is no description about it and The last L needs SP to be used but I don't even know which skill it is in the end :s

Thanks again for the guide :)