[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Private Quick Battle option possible?

ablackwomanablackwoman
Vindictus Rep: 1,200
edited May 6, 2019 in General Discussion
Is this not something that is possible for people who only intend to play Quick Battle with friends or guild mates? I always play with randoms, but you get these types of boats from time to time.

If people want to play privately then maybe the game should allow that option for Quick Battle?

Comments

• ElynsaElynsa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,565
    Having Private Quick Battles would defeat the primary intended purpose of Quick Battles imo, which is to allow people who don't have regular groups find boats quickly. If you want to play privately you can host from the board, set the boat to private, and invite whoever you want. This makes running consecutive battles with your friends easier as well since you won't have to recreate the party after every fight.
  • PrettyPrincessPrettyPrincess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,125
    edited May 7, 2019
    You can also access the mission board from anywhere in town while not talking to NPCs via the T menu and choosing "Depart," or by hitting G (I think that's the default). It's a few more clicks than using Quick Battle but it shouldn't be too bad.

I'm sure that's common knowledge to most, but if you're like me you probably don't use it much and often forget that it's even there.
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited August 7, 2019
    Primary purpose of quick battles is the drop rate buff. It's not quicker or slower than launching from the board via press g and depart. The change to how you make a party made it faster because they made creating a party dumb af. I'm not sure why they didn't just turn the board into a qb launcher with a list of the tabs s1 2 3 4 and by area etc...There were far better ways to Impliment a quick battle launcher and not segregate people and have multiple launch options. Can't even repeat battles with the same group, you're forced to leave and remake. Doesn't seem like a "quick" option to me. The name is misleading, it's not quicker to launch, it's slower to repeat missions and harder to run with a group if you want to take advantage of higher drop chance. Nothing about it is exactly quicker or easier imo.
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Premade is better if you're going to do the same battle multiple times, let's say you have 3 friends, guildies or whatever that want to do 8x lugh, you want premade there since you will skip 7 boat cutscenes.
    However the most usual scenario is doing 2x of each, in that case premade is only helping you to skip 1 boat cutscene, so this becomes a harder choice. I personally always premade, had no problem droping oranges without qb.