[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Eira OP or game too easy?

CrimroseViolinCrimroseViolin
Vindictus Rep: 200
edited May 3, 2019 in General Discussion
I played the game a lot when it first released for NA and around the time level cap was 70-80 and I don't remember the bosses being so.. pathetically easy to beat? I'm leveling an Eira, currently at level 51, and everything is just so easy. Maybe It's just because I remember the boss attacks or Eira is strong at this point in the game, but is early game difficulty also just nonexistent now?

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Once you hit S2 the bosses will be capable of killing you if you play without thought. By S3 you won't be able to solo unless you're super geared or just hate your life and don't mind taking forever to clear. The RISE update killed all difficulty in S1, and a decent bit of it in S2 in order to rush players to S3 content. It hasn't been very well received on the whole, but no, you're not wrong that if nothing else sub level 60 everything is a joke.
  • PrettyPrincessPrettyPrincess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,125
    Your experience is probably a factor, but yeah, they made things a lot easier. I think everything by default is equivalent to the old "easy" mode, and I don't think there's a way to make it harder. It's a little sad since some of those old bosses were good fights back in the day, but I suppose if you really want that experience again then you can just use weaker weapons and armor -- that's what I do, and it helps make things a little less braindead. I guess they did this since most of the players are level capped now, and this helps people catch up and play with everyone else.

Also, Eira actually is pretty strong right now, especially her bullet dance attack. I guess being ranged helps a lot too; soloing that spiky shield Emuloch guy as slow Fiona back in the day was pretty rough.
  • CrimroseViolinCrimroseViolin
    edited May 3, 2019
    Once you hit S2 the bosses will be capable of killing you if you play without thought. By S3 you won't be able to solo unless you're super geared or just hate your life and don't mind taking forever to clear. The RISE update killed all difficulty in S1, and a decent bit of it in S2 in order to rush players to S3 content. It hasn't been very well received on the whole, but no, you're not wrong that if nothing else sub level 60 everything is a joke.

Well that's both relieving and unfortunate hearing. I'm glad there's difficulty to look forward to in the later stages of the game, to say the least.
    Your experience is probably a factor, but yeah, they made things a lot easier. I think everything by default is equivalent to the old "easy" mode, and I don't think there's a way to make it harder. It's a little sad since some of those old bosses were good fights back in the day, but I suppose if you really want that experience again then you can just use weaker weapons and armor -- that's what I do, and it helps make things a little less braindead. I guess they did this since most of the players are level capped now, and this helps people catch up and play with everyone else.

Also, Eira actually is pretty strong right now, especially her bullet dance attack. I guess being ranged helps a lot too; soloing that spiky shield Emuloch guy as slow Fiona back in the day was pretty rough.

Yeah, I was thinking of using the same method when fighting older bosses ahaha. And yeah I agree, soloing that guy back in the day was rough but fun nonetheless imo.

Thanks, you two c:
  • AxxonAxxon
    Vindictus Rep: 1,135
    Eira is OP and nerfed in the KR summer patch. DPS will be nerfed. Don't know the specifics.
  • KuribyKuriby
    Difficulty was dumbed down during the "rise update" Made sense as most new players would take forever catching up as old raids were not being played anymore. The game difficulty takes a huge jump in season 3 raids.
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    I find that she has a large and easy AOE (Bullet Storm) that hits multiple times that makes going through dungeons easy, I feel the same with Chain blade Vella. Also considering that most characters has more of single fighting mob thing . Most new characters have crazy magical weapons that has good range.
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Nah, just her Beauty's killing the Beasts.
  • rondomizarondomiza
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    By S3 you won't be able to solo unless you're super geared or just hate your life and don't mind taking forever to clear.

what "super geared" and "taking forever" mean in your world?