[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

S6 Onslaught Broke Miri's Blazing Spine

VeneratorVenerator
Vindictus Rep: 2,635
edited March 26, 2019 in General Discussion
With the S6 update to Onslaught we received the change of no more AOE multihitting mob+boss or mob+statue and such. This however broke Miri's main skill to gain flamebreath.

Times:
0:51
0:57
3:19
3:48 only a single hit
4:41 only a single hit
6:15

These are just some of the times there are many more.

You can tell clearly in the video I am using Blazing Spine on a single target and it is either missing completely or only single hitting about half of the time.

Comments

• AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    Seems fair tbh. It was way op in OS to being with. Miri can almost hit the majority of map with her attacks making Statues against her almost useless unless you corner threw. So yeah I think reducing the amount of flamebreath you're able to get in that mode is more than fair, from what I see even with the unintentional bug it's still too op lmao.
    LeXicO
  • LeXicOLeXicO
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    This^
  • VeneratorVenerator
    edited March 26, 2019
    Abaddan wrote: »
    Seems fair tbh. It was way op in OS to being with. Miri can almost hit the majority of map with her attacks making Statues against her almost useless unless you corner threw. So yeah I think reducing the amount of flamebreath you're able to get in that mode is more than fair, from what I see even with the unintentional bug it's still too op lmao.

They already removed aoe hitting for S6. This bug is on top of that. You are also comparing 6k AD to 3k AD people and with this latest season of OS gear is everything.
  • _Kale_Kale
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    I agree that Miri was op in OS. Comparing equivalent gear, Miri still had significant advantages in OS. Flamebreath regen in between mobs increases her dps relative to classes that do not benefit from the time in between mobs. Being able to use dragon trans to boost her survivability and dps toward the end of a match dramatically reduced the effectiveness of statues thrown in the last minute or two (which was how most strategic matches were decided). On top of that, the wide hitboxes and high damage multipliers of chainswings easily made it one of the best non-sp attacks for clearing statues.
    LeXicO
  • VeneratorVenerator
    _Kale wrote: »
    I agree that Miri was op in OS. Comparing equivalent gear, Miri still had significant advantages in OS. Flamebreath regen in between mobs increases her dps relative to classes that do not benefit from the time in between mobs. Being able to use dragon trans to boost her survivability and dps toward the end of a match dramatically reduced the effectiveness of statues thrown in the last minute or two (which was how most strategic matches were decided). On top of that, the wide hitboxes and high damage multipliers of chainswings easily made it one of the best non-sp attacks for clearing statues.

I never said miri was not op. Just that S6 broke her kit +haha

Also sword vella are unable to crosscut properly now.
    Icygoddess
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Venerator wrote: »
    _Kale wrote: »

I never said miri was not op. Just that S6 broke her kit +haha

Also sword vella are unable to crosscut properly now.

Again, all sounds fair to me still. OP classes complaining is nothing new when things get taken away on this game. Miri is still op so it's not like it changes much.
    LeXicO
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    edited March 29, 2019
    I think some people in here are confused...

Nobody is complaining about something that was taken away. This thread is just pointing out an apparent bug - specifically, blazing spine does nothing if it passes through a teammate or a corpse. I believe the same thing is currently happening to Arisha's ruin blade or mana ball (or both?) where they do nothing if they pass through a teammate or a corpse. Xgun is experiencing a similar issue with handbomb. Crosscut is also impacted, as mentioned previously.

Bugs which fundamentally break skills shouldn't be used as balancing tools lmao.
    IcygoddessVenerator
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    edited March 29, 2019
    noctred wrote: »
    I think some people in here are confused...

Nobody is complaining about something that was taken away. This thread is just pointing out an apparent bug - specifically, blazing spine does nothing if it passes through a teammate or a corpse. I believe the same thing is currently happening to Arisha's ruin blade or mana ball (or both?) where they do nothing if they pass through a teammate or a corpse. Xgun is experiencing a similar issue with handbomb. Crosscut is also impacted, as mentioned previously.

Bugs which fundamentally break skills shouldn't be used as balancing tools lmao.

I'd agree of they knew how to balance a pvmvp or pvp mode in general. I'm saying even with the bug that from what I've seen, and they even posted really isn't hurting them much,and that they're still op in there with it. Big bang has also had the issue of hitting a corpse or cataclysm glitching, for years. On some maps even it just hits some random forcefield on the map and doesn't do anything. you don't see me making a forum post to cry about it when my character isn't close to as op as a miri, that's what a ticket is for. I've never seen the issue with passing through a teammate. I was mainly talking about miri and how even with the bug they still more then hold there own in os. They're still one of the easiest characters if not the easiest to use in os even with the bug. Play karok we've had bugs for 8 years that haven't been fixed.
    LeXicO
  • LeXicOLeXicO
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    edited March 29, 2019
    Miri has been one of the Op characters since she came out and judging from the video she is still quite powerful even with the bug.. there are other characters such as Karok who have had glitchy problems forever and they have never been addressed... All we can do is send tickets to nexon and hope they pass the info on to the Devs...
    Abaddan